• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Deku Tree

“The last thing we want to do is fix an exploit some players are using, only to break other parts of the game for everyone.”

I like this new Bungie.

I remember when they broke Crota for like a whole year just to patch the Ethernet cord exploit that scrubs who couldn’t beat the encounter legit were using.

Mezoly

Since I have every exotic I've been saving the engrams for the future. No point on opening them now.

Doesn't exotic engrams have a pool of loot? So assuming new exotics comes along, your engrams still won't be those since the pool has been determined the moment you got the engram.

To test for yourself, you could preview the pool of items for each engram by pressing triangle.

The bad part is you know in 1, 2, or 3 months they will patch the game so the next IB has armor drop every game end scoreboard, SINCE THAT MAKES SENSE AND HOW IT HAPPENED IN D1 Y3, so trying too hard now to get armor just means you will have that armor a few weeks before someone can do it in 1/10th the time.

I played till I got the 10 engrams emblem, got only the boots on my titan, and not playing IB anymore until they patch it.

Its definitely going to be fascinating seeing the DLC plans and release times, especially with PC coming out in 13 days. Will they stick with simultaneous release on all 3 platforms still?

Yea, I'm just going to replace it with the prestige raid gear anyway too. I want those 10 or so hours of my life back.

Mindlog

Running a little high on sidearms for IB packages there RNG. Going to need you to dial it back significantly.

Next two packages.
Warlock Arms dupe.
Grenade Launcher dupe.

YES!

It's a good thing the games have been sort of OK. It feels like perhaps not OK enough to continue.

To test for yourself, you could preview the pool of items for each engram by pressing triangle.

Previewing the exotic engram does nothing. Every engram can drop 1 of the 15 exotic guns or 1 of the 10-12 armors for your class.

With any luck you'll end up with a dupe because that is how the system is designed to keep you playing.

j-wood

Would anyone want to do the raid tonight with me and a friend? Both above 280 light but haven’t done the raid before. Looking to do it in about an hour or so

_Legacy_

So I just completed the raid on my Titan, turned in my tokens and got 2x Ghost Primus, I've already had a tonne of those. So fuck you sweeper bot.

Turn in my 2 exotics and get 2x Coldheart. WTF is this?

This is probably the coolest thing I've done in Crucible between D1 and D2 lol.

DefiantUnkemptIguana-max-14mb.gif

Looking to do some Prestige NightFall or Iron Banner tonight on PS4. I'm on now if you want to join up. Just doing a bit of Iron Banner at the moment (no mic, got Cubs game on).

Acorn

You mean someone from the bungie dev team logged in and played heroic pub with you?
They were just around nessus. Got the "bungie Dev team is near" thing before the pub. He zoomed off after doing the "has your back emote".

Probably just going around helping people with pubs.

mhayze

Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture points [
hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2
]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing they leave the match, leaving it at 2v4 while the score is barely below even - no consolation prize medallions for you

Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture
points [hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2
]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing the leave the match - no consolation prize medallions for you
I've been surprised at my good luck solo in Crucible so far. Especially Iron Banner. I just played a quick 4 games solo and won 3 of 4. The last one I played against a group of 4 that had queued up together, and we stomped them rotten. Felt real good. Now I've probably jinxed myself.
I'm good dor at least 1 or 2 Tarantulas each week from legendary engrams...
Well....now I don't feel so special anymore. -tosses gun in garbage-

Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture points [
hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2
]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing they leave the match, leaving it at 2v4 while the score is barely below even - no consolation prize medallions for you

yep it’s total garbage

can’t win a fucking match

the fact you get more than twice as many tokens for a win makes solo a waste of time

Fjordson

Is there any sort of dependable way to go after an epic Kinetic weapon mod? Or do I just have to pray that the Gunsmith gives me one?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I use to like strikers the most but nerfed skating and shoulder charge makes warlocks better. Wedding dress wagon. Sorry full for now Pity.

Yeah...I didn't jinx myself. Solo against another 4 man squad and we rocked 'em. No one on my team looked to be together. Started neck-and-neck, then around 40 points we jumped ahead about 20 and they never came back....well. Except I just turned in for my 5th Iron Banner package and have gotten 0 armor so far. It's the only reason I'm doing this.

mhayze

Is there any sort of dependable way to go after an epic Kinetic weapon mod? Or do I just have to pray that the Gunsmith gives me one?

Not that I've found, stats-wise I think you have just under 33% chance of a legendary kinetic for every pair of components you turn in. So if you have 6 components, you will most likely get one. In reality, you have 33% chance each time, so you could get one in the first roll, or you could use 20 pairs of components and still not get one. Of course you can dismantle each elemental mod you get instead of a kinetic, and use those components too.
Glimmer runs through real quick if you keep getting bad luck.

Best to message randos not to go to points already being cap'd before the match starts. It's not well communicated that this doesn't benefit capture time.

border

What do you get as the Milestone reward after 10 Iron Banner packages? I was trying to keep myself un-spoiled so it would be a surprise.....but I imagine it's just going to be disappointing anyway.

Top Bottom