• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

If there is a chance for entry to Destiny Gaf discord im up for vetting lol.

Didnt post here a tonne but would be a shame to lose a good community.

tenor.gif

I know everyone is anxious and curious, but the best bet right now is patience. This Destiny community is not going away and is not going to be hard to find. We're just closed right now to keep our existing members safe.

Discord is closed right now, true, but that's not the only place this Destiny community exists. You can find us through other means like PSN, B.net clan chats and twitter.

If you care about Destiny, then we'll still be around next week and the week after that and more.

I do not claim to speak for the whole community. Everyone will make their own choices. As for me, I created the OT, but I'm done with GAF in light of Tyler's behavior, interviews, and historical conduct. Further particpation here literally makes him money which I find revolting
adblock until the mods find my edited OP & I get perma'd

I'm truly sorry for the PC community. This coulnd't have hit at a worse time. Here are PC Clans for you to join or at least ping them and add friends:

PC
DestinyGAF PC || US
DestinyGAF PC || US 2
DestinyGAF PC || EU
Shoot First Kiss Later PC
Cayde Crusade(EU)

Also, FWIW, there is a PC OT ;)

Elros

If possible, I'd like an invite to DGAF Discord. Long time lurker, I love reading Destiny news through this community, even if I don't contribute much.

Gurrry

Is there a DestinyGAF group on Battle Net? I want to use that group feature but looks like I need a direct link to join it.

Also a discord invite would be sweet as well!

exYle

Is there a Destiny Discord? (For PC)

--- is my id and I would love an invite.

edit. nvm it is closed that is okay, I am in the clan!

If there is still a chance, I'd like to be invited to the Destiny Discord.

---

If possible, I'd like an invite to DGAF Discord. Long time lurker, I love reading Destiny news through this community, even if I don't contribute much.

I'm ---

Do NOT post your Discord IDs here. Vultures are circling GAF and its community. People are being doxxed, harassed, and impersonated. Be patient and John will get you into the discord eventually.

SonnyBoy

If anyone can link me to the new discord destination, I'd greatly appreciate it. Any vetting/process is fine by me, I just want to remain a part of the community I've been with since 2005.

webkid94

Do NOT post your Discord IDs here. Vultures are circling GAF and its community. People are being doxxed, harassed, and impersonated. Be patient and John will get you into the discord eventually.

Im not being smart but how can a username lead to being doxxed?

exYle

Im not being smart but how can a username lead to being doxxed?

Lots of people either use the same handle or share social media info on GAF, Twitter, and Discord. Someone finds your Discord, they might be able to find your Twitter. Someone finds your Twitter, they might find your real name. Someone finds your real name, you might be in trouble. That's just one conceivable way I could see an individual getting doxxed.

It seems like a lot of hoops, but GAF is infamous. After a shitshow like this weekend, it is a good idea to be diligent and vigilant regarding any personal information you share in a public space like GAF. Just be careful until the heat dies down.

EDIT: and I just wanna clarify that people are also getting harassed and impersonated, which doesn't require nearly as much work as doxxing. I think those two alone should be motivation to avoid sharing your Discord IDs if you don't consider my doxxing concerns to be legitimate

Just applied for the DGaf clan 2 for PC. Guys we have to be patient for the Discord. Doxxing is very serious and it's in the been interest to wait. I know it's terrible timing but in the long run it's the right thing to do.

Elros

Sorry, fixed my post, thanks for the warning

so I played Destiny from the start and just started playing D2 last week, got myself to 275 light now with all gears around 270 or above. so do I keep grinding the weekly stuff or do I join in on raids now? and is DGAF clan still taking new members?

Cornbread78

so I played Destiny from the start and just started playing D2 last week, got myself to 275 light now with all gears around 270 or above. so do I keep grinding the weekly stuff or do I join in on raids now? and is DGAF clan still taking new members?

Your Weekly Milestones include both; so focus on those Milestones each Tuesday upon reset.

Also, As John Mentioned in case you missed it, the DGAF Discord is currently closed. If/when it reopens, I'm sure you will be notified.

zelas

Just dropping a message here in hopes of an invite being PM'd if things open up. Since I haven't gotten any word from Giantbomb-GAF.

Edit - There's a bunch of us stranded in one of the offshoot DGAFclan discords. Clan Protato.

Your Weekly Milestones include both; so focus on those Milestones each Tuesday upon reset.

Also, As John Mentioned in case you missed it, the DGAF Discord is currently closed. If/when it reopens, I'm sure you will be notified.

I see. alright, I'll just hang around and do some milestone stuff then. the whole wait until higher light to start getting the powerful gear/luminous engrams thing starts when? 270 light?

Just fondly remembering Hawk's goodbye post for Destiny 1...
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245890130

Be good to one another everyone.
giphy.gif

is Hawk still around?

Okay, Mods haven't found my edited OT all day, so I'll be out with it. A significant portion of us are heading to Reset ERA. You can find us there in the future. The new OTs are going there. Our Discord is closed for now, but we won't be exclusionary when we reopen, but will be invite only. We know not everyone was able to join the discord for invites.

Love this community, but I'm done with GAF and most of us are too. Toodles.

Okay I am old school, and probably a lot older then a lot of the posters here on gaf.

I don't use FB, not even sure how to use twitter, and don't really know what discord is.

I like gaf because it was a place for me to read up on destiny, and the destiny community is pretty big here.

What can I do? Is there another place where most of you guys are going?

Thanks

Gaz_RB

Okay I am old school, and probably a lot older then a lot of the posters here on gaf.

I don't use FB, not even sure how to use twitter, and don't really know what discord is.

I like had because it was a place for me to read up on destiny.

What can I do? Is there another place where most of you guys are going?

Thanks

Seems most are moving to a different site. its invite only now, but it'll be open to registration soon and you can follow DGAF there.

Cornbread78

I see. alright, I'll just hang around and do some milestone stuff then. the whole wait until higher light to start getting the powerful gear/luminous engrams thing starts when? 270 light?

Yeah, you are at tbat point now, so milestones and exotic quests are a must.

Will catch you soon whem they re open Discord.

billiam

Neo Member
Just want to say thanks to anybody here that may be moving on, if you're still browsing. I mostly read, usually don't post, but appreciate all of your time and effort put into this thread. Lot of helpful info here so I only had to ask a few dumb questions. I picked up a d2 clan here which has been good, just ran a guided games as a guide so that was interesting. Guiding definitely makes me feel like I have to be better than usual. Less controlled chaos I guess

Top Bottom