• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Beta Thread - Codes are redeemable, preload starts Friday 25th, 10AM PDT

daxy

On a more serious note, I'm curious to see how this'll run. It hits the recommended specs, but I wonder how much of the graphic bells and whistles it'll be able to handle at 1080p. The Division ran sublimely on my system with medium to high settings, but the hurdles Bungie previously faced with their engine have left me doubting whether the game will be well optimized for a broad range of systems. Blizzard themselves have always been great at this, but I don't know if there has been much cross-pollination in that area.

Last edited:

120v

On a more serious note, I'm curious to see how this'll run on a 970 and i5-4690k. It hits the recommended specs, but I wonder how much of the graphic bells and whistles it'll be able to handle at 1080p. The Division ran sublimely on my system with medium to high settings, but the hurdles Bungie previously faced with their engine have left me doubting whether the game will be well optimized for a broad range of systems. Blizzard themselves have always been great at this, but I don't know if there has been much cross-pollination in that area.

i'd imagine you're perfectly fine for 1080p. unless this is one of those "surprise! it's actually optimized like shit" games

Game over, man. DDR4 @ 4266MHz or bust.

On a more serious note, I'm curious to see how this'll run on a 970 and i5-4690k. It hits the recommended specs, but I wonder how much of the graphic bells and whistles it'll be able to handle at 1080p. The Division ran sublimely on my system with medium to high settings, but the hurdles Bungie previously faced with their engine have left me doubting whether the game will be well optimized for a broad range of systems. Blizzard themselves have always been great at this, but I don't know if there has been much cross-pollination in that area.
I have the same processor with and 1060. I always aim for 1080p at 60 So I'm sure hoping I crank crank some settings up at least.

sirdudeoi

Neo Member
First post here. Hi everyone!

I've eagerly been waiting for the PC beta just for a shot at playing Destiny at 60 fps and to see the changes they've implemented since the PS4 beta.

daxy

First post here. Hi everyone!

I've eagerly been waiting for the PC beta just for a shot at playing Destiny at 60 fps and to see the changes they've implemented since the PS4 beta.

Is there any word on this beta being any different from what's been shown on PS4?

Tovarisc

Is there any word on this beta being any different from what's been shown on PS4?

Control supposedly has different, new, map. They also tuned skill cooldowns, super gain speed and ammo drop frequency.

Then there is all PC specific stuff from performance and options point of view, but I assume you meant playable content.

Bizazedo

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-7700k CPU, 4.2 GH
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
32GB DDR RAM

Am I good? Still going PS4, anyways, but tempted to double dip if it's better than Destiny 1.

Magwik

Banned
32GB DDR RAM

Am I good?

Nah sorry, you probably won't be able to even boot the game.
Need to double the RAM and SLI the highest end consumer graphics card you already have.

daxy

32GB DDR RAM

Am I good? Still going PS4, anyways, but tempted to double dip if it's better than Destiny 1.

You'll be lucky to hold 30 fps at any reasonable resolution. I recommend dropping it to 640x480, 1280x720 tops. Godspeed.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
32GB DDR RAM

You'd be lucky if you can hold 10fps consistently.

120v

32GB DDR RAM

hmm i dunno... maaaybe if you turn down some stuff

Tovarisc

8/25/2017
BLIZZARD REGIONS IN DESTINY 2

Blizzard regions are the player's selected environment through which they are accepting to play with other players. Players may only play with other players who have selected the same region, and cannot join the games or activities of players in other regions. The player's selected region will also limit who appears in-game in a player's Friends Lists and Clan Roster.

When players launch Destiny 2 from the Blizzard desktop application, they will have the option to select their region of play. If the player takes no action to change their region, it will match the default region of the player's Blizzard account.

Players who wish to change their Blizzard region may do so by closing the Destiny 2 application, visiting the Destiny 2 landing page in the Blizzard desktop application, and selecting their desired region from the drop down above "Play".
https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46125

TL:DR: Like any Blizzard game works because of how BattleNet handles regions and regional players / friends lists

Very poor move by Bungie. Will harm Destiny 2 on PC.

glaurung

The regional stuff on PC is very bad. This will severly hamper certain Trials player mashups that I grew very fond of in D1.

Dec

The regional stuff on PC is very bad. This will severly hamper certain Trials player mashups that I grew very fond of in D1.

I don't know why anyone is surprised.

I was confused at people celebrating the game being on battle net when it was announced but I guess it makes sense now.

At least we have confirmation that you can use the same character when you switch regions. It's annoying but you.can play with people they just need to choose the same region beforehand.

leng jai

i5 6600k + GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 + 16 GB DDR4 Ram.

Should be able to Max it out @ 1080p no?

Same PC here, I'd be severely disappointed if it can't pull off 1080/60fps. I'm hoping for 1440p actually, but we'll see. The graphics in the PS4 Pro beta version didn't exactly look taxing.

Manoko

If anyone has a spare key, I'd be really thankful.
I don't want to pre-order to cancel afterwards, it seems like a shitty move to me. I'd rather grab a key someone doesn't need, if the occasion presents itself.

This game is REGION LOCKED????

My interest dropped to sub-zero.
Kinda sorta. It like all blizzard games where in order to play with people from other regions you need to set your region to thiers then start the game. You keep the same character and loot etc. It's not hard to do just annoying.

You can buy closed beta keys for around $1 which once redeemed allow you to preload.

I've done this and all ready to roll

Pay 1$ for a beta key...

6bS8GMI.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i7-6700K, 16GB, 1070...will i be able to run it guys?

Whats with people posting powerful specs and asking if it'll run? The specs are on the first page. We won't know until tomorrow what kind of performance we'll get. All we know is that a 7700K, 16GB, 1080 ti can run at 4K 60fps maxed out.

Again we don't know for sure but I'd imagine a 1080 should also be able to also do 4K 60fps if you lower settings. 1440p 60fps maxed out should be possible too. A 1070 could possibly do 1440p 60fps with some lowered settings or maxed out 1080p 60fps. A 1060 for 1080p 60fps with some lowered settings. 1050 for 1080p 60fps on low settings maybe?

Tahnit

Banned
CPU / RAM set-up? I have a 1070 with an i7-4790k and 16GB of DDR3, but it isn't fast RAM (1866 MHz) so my FPS may take some hits at 1440p. I'm thinking 1440p with a 1070 is doable with some settings tweaked.

not super fast ram either and its a i5 6500

So uh, how do I play this with a PS4 controller w/ gyro? Can I launch the game through Steam -> Launches battle.net -> Launches Destiny 2?

120v

i7-6700K, 16GB, 1070...will i be able to run it guys?

Whats with people posting powerful specs and asking if it'll run? The specs are on the first page. We won't know until tomorrow what kind of performance we'll get. All we know is that a 7700K, 16GB, 1080 ti can run at 4K 60fps maxed out.

stealth bragging... i don't think anybody who bothers with mid-high specs can really be that dense

anyway i essentially bought a 1080 ti for this game but i don't expect a solid 4k60. or even if i get there, not sure i want that in lieu of a 120fps or so framerate or whatever i can get at 1440. its the kind of game you want everything going fast as possible unless you never bother with pvp i guess

FLAguy954

Any good Steam Controller configs for this game? Or does it support seamless switching from controller to kb+m?

EDIT: Looks like I'll be making a custom desktop config since Bungie is blocking all overlays.

i5 6600k + GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 + 16 GB DDR4 Ram.

Should be able to Max it out @ 1080p no?

I have the exact same setup (6600k OC'd to 4.7GHz) and I expect to get at least a 100+ fps maxed out or near max.

TitusTroy

I plan on trying the beta even though I never played the first game (I'm a PC gamer)...I really don't see the big deal about this game...doesn't sound like anything amazing or original...plus I seem to remember the first game getting average reviews when it first came out (might have fixed those issues since)...I remember Peter Dinklage getting a lot of grief for his narration...is this more or less a loot game like Borderlands?

leng jai

stealth bragging... i don't think anybody who bothers with mid-high specs can really be that dense

anyway i essentially bought a 1080 ti for this game but i don't expect a solid 4k60. or even if i get there, not sure i want that in lieu of a 120fps or so framerate or whatever i can get at 1440. its the kind of game you want everything going fast as possible unless you never bother with pvp i guess

That's funny considering it's 30fps on consoles and focused mostly on PvE.

FLAguy954

Quick and dirty config for anyone who has a Steam Controller but wants similar controls to the console version:

destiny2steamcontrollxzlkx.png

and a config for those who want to keep their thumbs from moving (a little more advanced):

destiny2steamcontroll11xih.png

EDIT: Reformatted and included all bindings.

Top Bottom