• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Roadmap + Day 1 PC Known Issues List

Strakt

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46413

10192017_pc_calendar.jpg

x7tDsjp.png

jambo

Would suck if you wanted to play on a couch with a controller, seeing as you need to use a mouse for some stuff.

Has it been confirmed when expansions 1 and 2 come and if PC release date will be identical to the console release?

I'd be a lot more tempted to double dip on PC with confirmation expansions are at least day one with the console releases. Would have liked Destiny 1 ported to PC also but I guess they want all the effort on the sequel.

120v

good to see them dotting their i's and crossing their t's. here's hoping next tues isn't a tire fire

Being unable to bind to numpad is likely the only major annoyance/issue out of all of those that seems likely to affect me.

Wonder how that one slipped through.

Strakt

I was wondering the same, hahaha. But in all seriousness, Strakt really likes Destiny 2
But he doesnt like criticism about the game so much

I don't like criticism when I have said the end game is lacking and know the game has a ton of flaws? You realize I've played the game on ps4 right? Its called being optimistic

thinking-face.png

OP you have made like 35 destiny threads. Do you work for Activision?

Would you rather I shit post in every thread about a game I don't like/aren't interested in like most of GAF?

MrBenchmark

There's going to be a ton of criticism from the PC crowd 2-3 weeks in if not sooner.

Oh it will be coming for sure the console player base has dropped off a cliff already. I love Destiny and No lifed D1 and I log on do the mile stones and little things here and there and im off. was never like that in D1 NEVER.

D2 should have not been neutered like it is coming off all the things you could do still in D1.

they should have know better.

It's like all the QOL things they learned and did in D1 they just said well fuck that.

Oh it will be coming for sure the console player base has dropped off a cliff already. I love Destiny and No lifed D1 and I log on do the mile stones and little things here and there and im off. was never like that in D1 NEVER.

D2 should have not been neutered like it is coming off all the things you could do still in D1.

they should have know better.

It's like all the QOL things they learned and did in D1 they just said well fuck that.

I'm counting on the better performance/visuals to carry the game for me on PC for awhile but all the current issues will still be there (I've put about 450 hours in on Xbox across three characters). It's definitely not helping that I keep getting stuck "Initializing" when trying to download the game through Battle.net. I literally never have any issues with Steam, Uplay, or Origin and before this issue only had issues with the Windows 10 Store which a lot of folks do. My gaming PC is just a year old and has almost exclusively been for playing The Division only.

Lothars

Oh it will be coming for sure the console player base has dropped off a cliff already. I love Destiny and No lifed D1 and I log on do the mile stones and little things here and there and im off. was never like that in D1 NEVER..
I don't believe that there wasn't time in destiny 1 where you only did things for reset, Everyone took breaks and came back weekly to do the weekly things then went off to do other things. People are ignoring all the flaws in destiny 1 and pretend it didn't have gaps in content. Destiny 2 has flaws and there are things that they need to fix but it has alot more positive than negatives.

MrBenchmark

I'm counting on the better performance/visuals to carry the game for me on PC for awhile but all the current issues will still be there (I've put about 450 hours in on Xbox across three characters). It's definitely not helping that I keep getting stuck "Initializing" when trying to download the game through Battle.net. I literally never have any issues with Steam, Uplay, or Origin and before this issue only had issues with the Windows 10 Store which a lot of folks do. My gaming PC is just a year old and has almost exclusively been for playing The Division only.

Man i'd double dip if characters could go between systems. Game played great on my system @ 1080P 60 high settings.

I like the game but they should have included many of D1 QOL changes including smart loot. The drop system is Y1 D1 cruel bitch level right now.

Y1 forever 29

D2 forever 304

Fdkn

I don't believe that there wasn't time in destiny 1 where you only did things for reset, Everyone took breaks and came back weekly to do the weekly things then went off to do other things. People are ignoring all the flaws in destiny 1 and pretend it didn't have gaps in content. Destiny 2 has flaws and there are things that they need to fix but it has alot more positive than negatives.

Every expansion lasted for 1/2 months max before you just got it on farm status and went in a day per week, or not even that.

And that's fine, I would hate to be forced to play intensively the whole year, that's why I dropped MMOs. I like variety.

MrBenchmark

I played damn near every day for even a little bit i have thousands of hours and played on PS4 as well.

My biggest problem is RNG is a mean fucking bitch to me in D2 for some reason to the point of insane frustration. D1 had those moments but they fixed that and didn't bother to pass the QOL changes on to D2 which is just insane.

D1 also had tons of daily bounties we don't have that here not even close. Gear locked to characters stopping infusion mean lots of deleted items chest lockouts are insane it's lost it's magic D2 should have been a continuation of the things we had in D1 not stripped down like D1 in the beginning. Bad choice.

Seriously? I wasn't too interested in PvP, but if they're not going to at least prevent M+K users from tricking the game into giving them autoaim, I'm skeptical of how they'll support the PC version in the future.

According to what? I thought they were tuning that post-beta.

Bungie never officially responded to this particular issue. The only thing they said is that PC and console play would be looked at and fixed differently if need be.

SRTtoZ

Looks good but I need the road map that tells us when end game is going to be fun and rewarding long term.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend plays with the numpad, he won't be happy if that's not fixed by release.

Welp good luck to those at my old Uni because IT there refused to help students with games that required changing any internet settings.

Compsiox

Banned
Does the physical PC version have a code to download the game?

I need to know because I have a preorder I might need to cancel by tonight

Top Bottom