• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 previews, a lot gameplay videos from European Dead Zone patrol

Gator86

Yeah, I hope they give us some idea how Nightstalker has turned out before release. That's the one thing that might get me to stay as a Hunter rather than switching to Titan.

Bungie won't even admit they exist so I wouldn't expect to hear anything. Hopefully people leak dump everything soon.

I feel stuck as Hunter because the other classes' jumps feel fucking terrible and Bungie insists on cramming bad filler platforming into every mission.

Man.

People just hate surprises.

Grown men can't contain their excitement.

Why would I want a surprise on something a company is asking me to pay for? Who the fuck buys a surprise car or surprise clothing? At least provide a list of the features and such I'm getting for my money.

Ramirez

Nightstalker is the only hope for Hunters. Another publication was talking up a secret for Hunters that puts them on equal footing with the other classes so nightstalker better be great.

Gunslinger is capable of producing like 8 orbs, what are you talking about with equal footing? lol

Gator86

Gunslinger is capable of producing like 8 orbs, what are you talking about with equal footing? lol

Hunters felt incredibly dry in the beta whereas the other two classes had more interesting skills. A lot of people also thought they felt underpowered. It was a thing, people wrote about it.

Personally, I don't care how many orbs I produce if it's boring to play.

hydruxo

Stormcaller right at the start of Gamespot video.

https://youtu.be/cBkPP1oUwOs

John-Cena-Shock-to-Smile.gif

hiryu

Oh man now I don't know what character to main. I was pretty set to stick with warlock but I also love my nightstalker.

EL CUCO

I was always hyped for the PC version because 60fps, FOV and all that, but I think I'm finally hyped for D2 content.

While it does look like more of the same Destiny and still very familiar mechanics and gameplay, it seems way more fleshed out now. The wait for Oct 24 will be tough. I'm pretty sure I'll know the entire game by the time I can get my hands on it
I'm weak
😭

Ramirez

Hunters felt incredibly dry in the beta whereas the other two classes had more interesting skills. A lot of people also thought they felt underpowered. It was a thing, people wrote about it.

Personally, I don't care how many orbs I produce if it's boring to play.

Eh, I enjoy instant reloads, faster reloads with CoW, throwing knives, and trip mines over a wall that will go down in seconds in PVE and a well that requires you to stand directly in a small spot. Different strokes I suppose...

The orb generation should have squelched the chatter about them being worthless compared to the other two classes though.

hydruxo

Yeah with Nightstalker back I'm 100% maining a Hunter again just like in D1. That was my favorite subclass by a mile.

Trickster

Man.

I wouldn't really be willing to buy the game after Destiny 1, if I was just asked to go in blind and hope to see some nice surprises after I bought the game

I get that it's probably a lot different for people who loved Destiny 1 though, but yeah, that really ain't me

GhaleonEB

In the official trailer, the EDZ NPC guy says at one point, "I see you brought some friends..."

Acknowledging that we're part of a team is something I've wanted to see in Destiny for a while. All of the dialogue in strikes and missions praise us in the singular, never referencing the team that is working together. I hope that's something addressed more holistically in D2's dialogue.

(I'm playing Fallout 4 now, which is really good about adding lots of little situational asides when you are with a companion.)

BLCKATK

Really hyped about the 3rd subclass being in and sort of "hidden" behind some progression. That's a great way to implement it and it will help the trinity of classes feel fleshed out.

Can't wait to hear that Hammer noise once again.

GhaleonEB

Any mention or seen in any video of material collecting?

The preview that was posted early yesterday showed the player collecting materials from the environment, but I haven't watched any of the new ones yet.

Edit: the EDZ really looks huge on the basis of the trailer, map and yesterday's preview vid, especially factoring in the lost sectors. Really wide spectrum of environments in it.

Toni

I wouldn't really be willing to buy the game after Destiny 1, if I was just asked to go in blind and hope to see some nice surprises after I bought the game

I get that it's probably a lot different for people who loved Destiny 1 though, but yeah, that really ain't me

Bungie flat out gave away the hint regarding additional sub classes in one of their interviews. Plus they have been mostly semi-silent about it, esseintially giving it all away that it was mostly confirmed.

That would have been enough to justify the purchase on top with all the content they have already announced for Destiny 2.

This is just a classic case of folks ruining shit up. Sucks for people intending to go dark for this game as well. You can add me to that list.

It is what it is, but it would have been nice had it stayed as a surprise given all the assurance that has already been given by Bungie.

friday

I am full chub right now. As bland as they were I still loved patrol zones in D1, but this looks awesome! Two weeks man, two weeks.

This is just a classic case of folks ruining shit up. Sucks for people intending to go dark for this game as well. You can add me to that list.
If you wanted to go in dark I don't understand why you're clicking on threads to do with Destiny 2 previews, especially ones focused around people playing new content.

Toni

The ๖ۜBronx;246884644 said:
If you wanted to go in dark I don't understand why you're clicking on threads to do with Destiny 2 previews, especially ones focused around people playing new content.

Well, I didn't know previews included leaks.

And I haven't clicked any of the links, I'm just interested in impressions and what people think about all the content so far.

Holiday

Banned
Add me to the list of those excited that Nightstalker is back. I liked the other two subclasses enough from the beta, but I do enjoy the combat roll immensely.

Shikoba

Everything is looking so good. September needs to get here already! At least the PC beta next week will be something to play.

Gator86

Bungie flat out gave away the hint regarding additional sub classes in one of their interviews. Plus they have been mostly semi-silent about it, esseintially giving it all away that it was mostly confirmed.

That would have been enough to justify the purchase on top with all the content they have already announced for Destiny 2.

It is what it is, but it would have been nice had it stayed as a surprise given all the assurance that has already been given by Bungie.

Bungie's assurances mean nothing though. I'm pretty spoiler averse, but I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect people to not discuss gameplay features in a preview thread unless they're some truly earth-shaking stuff. The story and all other stuff like that has been basically kept under wraps.

Thrilled Nightstalker is back. I hope it's an interesting pair of perk sets akin to the D2 Voidwalker and its health regen chains. The hunter class stuff so far has been impressively lacking in imagination.

Symbiotx

Man.

This really didn't spoil much, and I'm not going to have less of an experience when I play because of it. I prefer to know more information going in so I'm aware of all the mechanics.

Sky87

From watching some vids, it seems all engrams are auto-decrypted automatically now? I liked going back to decrypt them at the cryptarch.

Cruxist

I keep trying to reign in the hype, telling myself that it's more of the same, but D2 looks fantastic. The minute refinements are exactly the kinds of things I was hoping for, but with more of that great Destiny gameplay. Glad I've got some things to keep me busy for 2 weeks, because I am excited.

Toni

Clan rewards.

Ok. This is such a huge improvement from the customary system they had in place in D1.

The good thing also, is that they can even add more & improve clan rewards over time to keep giving people incentive to stay with their clan of choice. Huge plus if Bungie thinks outside the box and adds timed clan content on Destiny 2 events.

I'm 100% in with this.

Top Bottom