• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Info Summary Thread: Trailers, Videos, Details, Screens, More

jmartoine

I think it would have been cool for Bungie to add in environmental variations on the planets, kind if like how No Man's Sky and ME: Andromeda do. Where some areas have different temperatures which cause changes to the local environment and add a different challenge to the game.

Z3M0G

https://youtu.be/ei04d29_yFI?t=241

So I see in this video that now you earn an "Ability Unlock" currency to unlock your class skills in your skill tree.

Do we know yet how these are earned?

Edit: Also, they force you to select one of two sets of perks at any one time, in this video example all 4 perks are unlocked in one set, and none of the perks are unlocked in the other set. But if you must still unlock each perk with an individual "Ability Unlock" point, why would you ever split that between the two sets? Seems you would totally fill out your desired set of 4 first, and then may unlock the other set one by one later, but if you only have 1 unlocked in one set, and 4 unlocked in the other, why would you EVER use the set with only one unlocked until you have all 4 unlocked? This aspect of the new perk system seems very ill-conceived to me...

Bungie video about guilds and Guided Games (match-making into Raids/Nightfalls):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-64r5TRDXRY

Edit: So does the game have its own friend-list now? Or do you still need to add players to your PSN friend list?

I get the feeling guided games is going to be very shallow and unhelpful. I get the feeling joining a raid via guided games will require being solo and finding a clan of 5. So if you and a friend want to raid together, you're still going to have to use lfg. And honestly, unless they are changing nightfall, it should just have standard mm. It's not even a challenge. It's a strike with modifiers which is the same as a heroic strike. Whoop de do.

Hopefully guided games isn't that shollow, but if it is, it might as well not exist for my purposes. But hey, I guess it could be nice for the total noob.

Theorry

I get the feeling guided games is going to be very shallow and unhelpful. I get the feeling joining a raid via guided games will require being solo and finding a clan of 5. So if you and a friend want to raid together, you're still going to have to use lfg. And honestly, unless they are changing nightfall, it should just have standard mm. It's not even a challenge. It's a strike with modifiers which is the same as a heroic strike. Whoop de do.

Hopefully guided games isn't that shollow, but if it is, it might as well not exist for my purposes. But hey, I guess it could be nice for the total noob.

Its great for PS4 and PC users. But on Xbox you better off using Xbox LFG.

LifEndz

Not sure about the deluxe edition yet. I mean a emote and a extra sword. Probably not worth the 10 extra bucks for me.

I was thinking the same..but what's 10 bucks in the grand scheme of things? Might as well go for it.

And digital is an absolute must this time around. I went digital with Overwatch and it's great just being to pull that up whenever. Looking forward to doing the same with Destiny 2.

They said "one or two players," so you should be able to find a game if you're with a friend.

They mentioned that guilds were going to have progression. That's the big thing here. Give guilds an incentive to sherpa newbies in and this will work swimmingly.

They said "one or two players," so you should be able to find a game if you're with a friend.

They mentioned that guilds were going to have progression. That's the big thing here. Give guilds an incentive to sherpa newbies in and this will work swimmingly.
That's good. I'm hopeful but not going to be too hyped.

It's also worth mentioning that Destiny already was really cool about having Sherpas in the Community helping new players out. Enabling them to do more and earn things because of it was a solid move.

Hoodbury

How does ammo pick ups work for the kinetic and the elemental slots work? In D1, it was white brick, green brick, purple brick of course. But now if you have a kinetic hand cannon and an elemental hand cannon, do they use the same ammo bricks or are they still different?

Shikoba

Need to decide on if I want to go digital or physical. After 4 expansions I felt like my Destiny 1 disc was useless... even though I prefer physical games. I might just go digital this time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How does ammo pick ups work for the kinetic and the elemental slots work? In D1, it was white brick, green brick, purple brick of course. But now if you have a kinetic hand cannon and an elemental hand cannon, do they use the same ammo bricks or are they still different?
White is Kinetic and green is Energy. Seems to be a lot more green ammo around and you spawn with as much Energy ammo as you do Kinetic.

ZeoVGM

Banned

They really need to go into more detail.

There is a worry that it doesn't even work with heroic versions of the Raid and Nightfall -- which would actually mean that they made an easier version of the Nightfall just to have matchmaking, which completely kills the point of the Nightfall.

Trace

Banned
They really need to go into more detail.

There is a worry that it doesn't even work with heroic versions of the Raid and Nightfall -- which would actually mean that they made an easier version of the Nightfall just to have matchmaking, which completely kills the point of the Nightfall.

I'm hoping they have the "normal" nightfall as current difficulty, and then heroic version is much harder. I had no issue soloing the nightfall this week without dying once, they're far too easy atm.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm hoping they have the "normal" nightfall as current difficulty, and then heroic version is much harder. I had no issue soloing the nightfall this week without dying once, they're far too easy atm.

They're not supposed to be Raid-difficult. They're hard but not impossible, which is what it should be.

I'm not entirely against your idea but it still needs to be able to work with Guided Games. If Guided Games don't work with heroic difficult, it's completely useless.

They're not supposed to be Raid-difficult. They're hard but not impossible, which is what it should be.

I'm not entirely against your idea but it still needs to be able to work with Guided Games. If Guided Games don't work with heroic difficult, it's completely useless.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. If guided games is only for normal difficulty, it's basically useless for me. In game LFG/server browser would have been better.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Seriously, imagine the balls on Bungie to come out on stage and announce their solution for Raid/Nightfall/Trials matchmaking, to thunderous applause, only to then casually say just before the game releases, "By the way, it only works with the normal modes that no one will actually want to do."

Yeah. At this point I'm expecting that and I'm sure I'll continue using lfg. At the least, maybe the clan system will be good enough that a GAF group can be easy to join at a moments notice.

I've never been able to put together a raid group without the aid of GAF, LFG, or something else. Even when irl friends played, we never had enough to do a raid by ourselves. Always needed some pick ups.

pantsmith

Honestly, my best experiences with getting a group together have been grouping with someone else's group (as in they mostly all know each other) or someone else joining my group (as in my regular group of 3-4). When there is shared ground between the group, even if its not everyone, people are way more likely to stick around and stay positive.

I don't think Guided Games is what a lot of people wanted, but its a more curated version of Group Finder that seems intentionally designed to foster the community and positive experiences. As someone who raids a lot in a bunch of different games, it seems like the right idea, and right balance.

As to whether it will work? I have a feeling its going to grow alongside the community that uses it, and will be very different by the end of Destiny 2.

https://youtu.be/ei04d29_yFI?t=241

So I see in this video that now you earn an "Ability Unlock" currency to unlock your class skills in your skill tree.

Do we know yet how these are earned?

Edit: Also, they force you to select one of two sets of perks at any one time, in this video example all 4 perks are unlocked in one set, and none of the perks are unlocked in the other set. But if you must still unlock each perk with an individual "Ability Unlock" point, why would you ever split that between the two sets? Seems you would totally fill out your desired set of 4 first, and then may unlock the other set one by one later, but if you only have 1 unlocked in one set, and 4 unlocked in the other, why would you EVER use the set with only one unlocked until you have all 4 unlocked? This aspect of the new perk system seems very ill-conceived to me...

They look like exotic shards to unlock.

Seriously, imagine the balls on Bungie to come out on stage and announce their solution for Raid/Nightfall/Trials matchmaking, to thunderous applause, only to then casually say just before the game releases, "By the way, it only works with the normal modes that no one will actually want to do."

This would be bad. It should be for any difficulty we choose.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I never played destiny 1 so I have no clue what I am taking about. But can some one explain to me how the loot system​ used to work and how it might work in 2? I am really fond of the Borderlands/Diablo loot systems. But the one major flaw I found with the Borderlands systems were there were too many bad guns or guns that didn't feel good to use.

duhmetree

Interesting interview with Mark Noseworthy
https://youtu.be/H7a1iKiWHGs

- The Traveler Shard in the EDZ is actually corrupted and poisoning the land. Hence... the European Dead Zone.

- Lost Sectors will have you descending into larger cave systems with bosses and loot at the end

- Each destination has an NPC.. ( hoping this means named-regions/zones on the map ) NPC's have lore/missions/loot.

- The 'Director' will be available wherever you are. ( like pulling up your ghost. )

- Public Events will have in essence 'Challenge Modes'.. Defeat the Public Event in a certain manner and get better loot.

- ttk in PvP has been bumped up ( takes longer to kill someone ) Trying to make PvP more competitive/tactical

Yea but titan is on water. I'm talking about in the air. Just imagine seeing the crashing clouds move so fast across the screen.

I'm imagining Halo 2 heretic level transformed into 2017 Destiny 2 artstyle...and I like it.

Mine_de_gaz.jpg

E92 M3

- The Traveler Shard in the EDZ is actually corrupted and poisoning the land. Hence... the European Dead Zone.

- Lost Sectors will have you descending into larger cave systems with bosses and loot at the end

- Each destination has an NPC.. ( hoping this means named-regions/zones on the map ) NPC's have lore/missions/loot.

- The 'Director' will be available wherever you are. ( like pulling up your ghost. )

- Public Events will have in essence 'Challenge Modes'.. Defeat the Public Event in a certain manner and get better loot.

- ttk in PvP has been bumped up ( takes longer to kill someone ) Trying to make PvP more competitive/tactical

I've been saying this for a while, but it really sucks that Destiny has been sliding towards Halo TTK for a while now.

Destiny PVP is unique. Now they're trying to turn it into Halo and everything else. I don't know why they can't still have a 6v6 social playlist for people who just want to have fun and not study their stats all night.

duhmetree

I've been saying this for a while, but it really sucks that Destiny has been sliding towards Halo TTK for a while now.

I don't mind the slower TTK since it will be mainly primary gun fights. You're right though, it is inching closer towards Halo and further from 2-tap D1... They replaced the OP special weapons with Primaries... of course TTK will get higher.

The slower TTK weapons currently feels out of place because of the fast movement speed and special weapons in D1. From what we've seen in D2, they've slowed the movement speed somewhat, made it 4v4 and re-worked the weapon loadouts. It will showcase gun-skill, which makes me happy/excited.

GhaleonEB

Destiny PVP is unique. Now they're trying to turn it into Halo and everything else. I don't know why they can't still have a 6v6 social playlist for people who just want to have fun and not study their stats all night.

How do you get to that from what he listed? The longer TTK? Destiny is unique in a lot of ways, a slightly longer TTK doesn't turn it into Halo.

Edit: watching the video that plays over the interview, it's barely noticeable.

McArkus

I suppose that's the reason the traveler did not heal completely after recovering the shard from the moon that the hive was using to drain light from and destroying the black heart in Mars.

I don't mind the slower TTK since it will be mainly primary gun fights. You're right though, it is inching closer towards Halo and further from 2-tap D1... They replaced the OP special weapons with Primaries... of course TTK will get higher.

The slower TTK weapons currently feels out of place because of the fast movement speed and special weapons in D1. From what we've seen in D2, they've slowed the movement speed somewhat, made it 4v4 and re-worked the weapon loadouts. It will showcase gun-skill, which makes me happy/excited.

I don't mind the slower TTK as long as the movement has been slowed down by an equal amount...the problem with them nerfing all 2 tap weapons into oblivion in D1 was that auto aim grenades, melee, shotguns, etc... and other cheap tactics didn't get nerfed at the same time.

Reduce AA on everything, make it harder to rush the bejeezus out of everyone and I think you'll have a decent competitive game (after playing lots and lots of Destiny 1 pvp, I wouldn't say it is competitive but it CAN be extremely satisfying due to the underlying mechanics being so convincing)

I don't mind the slower TTK as long as the movement has been slowed down by an equal amount...the problem with them nerfing all 2 tap weapons into oblivion in D1 was that auto aim grenades, melee, shotguns, etc... and other cheap tactics didn't get nerfed at the same time.

Reduce AA on everything, make it harder to rush the bejeezus out of everyone and I think you'll have a decent competitive game (after playing lots and lots of Destiny 1 pvp, I wouldn't say it is competitive but it CAN be extremely satisfying due to the underlying mechanics being so convincing)

I'm not sure where to ask so I hope this is a good place. I'm considering getting a PC laptop to game on, there are lots of games on Steam I'd love to play. Possible 60FPS Destiny 2 is very tempting, but I'm on a tight budget and was wondering if this laptop would work well for gaming in general. (I'm choosing a laptop cause I got kids and I need to be able to move around)
It's the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop:
Processor: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
Memory: 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB
Hard Drive: 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
Videocard: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5

Just curious if this would be a good PC gaming laptop and if it would run Destiny 2 well (as in 60fps)
Thanks.

Top Bottom