• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

Thanks, I'll do that.

21% delerium is awesome btw, just great.

make sure to put on mods that let you get purple bricks more often (I think those would be in the helmet slots). also, go check out some videos on the raid that you want to do ahead of time so you'll get a better idea of what's going on and get it done smoother and faster.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
make sure to put on mods that let you get purple bricks more often (I think those would be in the helmet slots). also, go check out some videos on the raid that you want to do ahead of time so you'll get a better idea of what's going on and get it done smoother and faster.
Did that already, does it do it with special ammo too or just purple? I was giving it a try last night and it seemed like it was both.

Did that already, does it do it with special ammo too or just purple? I was giving it a try last night and it seemed like it was both.

unless you're also using weapon that requires special ammo, otherwise no need for that. thou you can also try the heavy ammo scavenger mod on your leg armor to get the most out of each brick.

yes! finally finished my exotic weapons collection! got Tarrabah just now and that's all the exotic weapons on the list! all done via LFG too lol

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Do we have to delete all of these medals we never finished? I have about 3 still showing up as done but I can't submit them anywhere

got the Felwinter's Lie quest done along with the catalyst of both The Fourth Horseman and Legend Of Acrius. down to 5 more catalyst to chase now lol

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m working on both Lord of Wolves and Fourth Horseman catalysts whole doing this shotgun kill portion of the quest. It goes by faster for me if I go for the kills in pvp. At like 40% now but may wait until next weeks refresh to finish it.

Blog post went up yesterday. Sandbox changed for next season, adjustment to reload perks and other tuning for perks like dynamic sway etc.

Confirmed new perks being introduced next season. Two of which are exclusive to Iron Banner weapons and called Iron Grip and iron gaze.

following next season more weapon tuning for fall’s expansion coming for Sniper scopes and it’s zoom traits as well as reworking handcanon archetypes to give 110s greater range tuning etc...

So with Destiny 3 scrapped as it was and retrofit into D2... I’m assuming all these new perks and weapons are stuff they built for D3 and we might see a handful a bit early in just a few weeks for next season.

And addressing some rumors for fall... Darkness subclass IS NOT expected for Fall. What is expected is subclass tuning to have more skill tree selection like D1. This isn’t so surprising as this was mentioned last year briefly by Luke Smith himself to be the next major revision after Armor 2.0.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I’m working on both Lord of Wolves and Fourth Horseman catalysts whole doing this shotgun kill portion of the quest. It goes by faster for me if I go for the kills in pvp. At like 40% now but may wait until next weeks refresh to finish it.

Blog post went up yesterday. Sandbox changed for next season, adjustment to reload perks and other tuning for perks like dynamic sway etc.

Confirmed new perks being introduced next season. Two of which are exclusive to Iron Banner weapons and called Iron Grip and iron gaze.

following next season more weapon tuning for fall’s expansion coming for Sniper scopes and it’s zoom traits as well as reworking handcanon archetypes to give 110s greater range tuning etc...

So with Destiny 3 scrapped as it was and retrofit into D2... I’m assuming all these new perks and weapons are stuff they built for D3 and we might see a handful a bit early in just a few weeks for next season.

And addressing some rumors for fall... Darkness subclass IS NOT expected for Fall. What is expected is subclass tuning to have more skill tree selection like D1. This isn’t so surprising as this was mentioned last year briefly by Luke Smith himself to be the next major revision after Armor 2.0.
Wait, they are e bringing in a new subclass?

VertigoOA

Banned
Probably not. Only thing ever indicated would be being able to tweak current subclass trees a bit more to give a bit more freedom akin to D1.

We should only be a handful of weeks from a reveal at this point During that summer games fest thing ...

didn't they talk about some darkness subclass/abilities and what not before? I coulda swear they did.

anyway, trying to grind out the Luna's Howl quest before the season ends and the 100 hand cannon headshot in survial is pretty annoying. especially when you have teammates who really shouldn't touch PvP at all, let alone survival lol

VertigoOA

Banned
They never have officially talked about Darkness subclasses. Only thing I can remember Luke Smith writing about was reworking skill trees at some point.

Don’t know if the current leaks are true at all. They could be good guesses, because lore found on latest pieces of loot and cosmetic often hint towards the future.

Previous leaks before Activision split did ALL end up being true from before Forsaken’s release however.

Those original leaks said D3 was being prepped for next gen with Europa being a patrol zone and a pyramid ship being an end-game patrol zone like the dreaming city. Also leaked new darkness subclasses.

However it does seem plausible that D3 development was brought into D2. We’re about two weeks away from season’s end so we’re close to some actual news.

All I know is that I expect all Destiny pre production art and plot lines to finally become realized. We basically have a good idea of what Some of the darkness units will look like as well as Europa and the Pyramid ship patrol zone. All that stuff has been around for more than 6 years...

Hell, Uldren was first shown as a Hunter ... the Hunter vanguard! And... now that’s kinda happening too... sorta full circle.

Which brings up the question... is the traveler evil? Are we? They’ve brought those ideas into the game for two years now... that we’re potentially mass murderers...

Whatever ... I’m hyped. It’s time for an expansion

PS - just looked into “time wasted on destiny” ... My playtime in D2 has exceeded D1 by a good 100 hours. Which is interesting... I stopped playing D1 around this time in its third year as well.

Last edited:
just been given shadow keepers deluxe version which comes with 4 season passes for free on PC. Do I actually need any more dlc? I had curse and warmind on Ps4 even though I already quit the game before they came out.

Do I even need forsaken or do I have access to all the new stuff already?

I linked my ps4 characters to PC and I am confused. I have zero quests in the shadow keepers tab, yet I specifically activated the DLC for it?

Last edited:

Mithos

The Hamburglar The Hamburglar
You should be able to see from within your game on PC and PS4 what DLC you have access too, Forsaken + Shadowkeeper is usually something you need to buy extra.
I do not have them on either PC or PS4 myself (only have the free 2 play version on both).

Oh, and I think the DLC is NOT cross-platform, so you'd need to buy them on both PC and PS4 if I remember correctly (if you want to be able to play the DLC on both PC and PS4).

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Shadowkeep would only come with one free season pass and for the current season You activated it during.

If you haven’t started it yet I’d wait till June 9th so you just don’t get last two weeks of this current season instead of starting the next one fresh.

Both Curse of Osiris and Warmind are free to all players now anyway so it doesn’t matter if you did once own at this point. All of the Year 1 and Year 2 playlist activities are free to everyone. Year 2 raids and forsaken campaign are not. All pvp content is free to all.

Edit: Steelfeather Repeater, for those who have it... may be a sleeper beast in pvp. I think people just arent noticing because they’re so hung up on using Suros and hard light. I have a pseudo god roll with firmly planted, and elemental capacitor with range masterwork. I slapped a counterbalance mode on it and it’s melts. I was successfully out dueling suros players with it. Kinda shocked no one has discovered how good it is in current sandbox

Firmly planted is a top tier perk on both autos and snipers IMO. Give it a shot if you haven’t.

Last edited:
Shadowkeep would only come with one free season pass and for the current season You activated it during.

If you haven’t started it yet I’d wait till June 9th so you just don’t get last two weeks of this current season instead of starting the next one fresh.

Both Curse of Osiris and Warmind are free to all players now anyway so it doesn’t matter if you did once own at this point. All of the Year 1 and Year 2 playlist activities are free to everyone. Year 2 raids and forsaken campaign are not. All pvp content is free to all.

Edit: Steelfeather Repeater, for those who have it... may be a sleeper beast in pvp. I think people just arent noticing because they’re so hung up on using Suros and hard light. I have a pseudo god roll with firmly planted, and elemental capacitor with range masterwork. I slapped a counterbalance mode on it and it’s melts. I was successfully out dueling suros players with it. Kinda shocked no one has discovered how good it is in current sandbox

Firmly planted is a top tier perk on both autos and snipers IMO. Give it a shot if you haven’t.
I think my question then is I've booted up the game with a power 755 character and it says I've got no quests in the shadow keeper section after installing the DLC.

VertigoOA

Banned
The DLC would install itself anyway regardless if you own it. Also the first quest should be on the moon and free to all players. So check the moon and see if there’s a quest icon for a story mission. If story mission 2 is available then it should be good I assume.

Did you continue with an older character or new character/new account?

Last edited:

makaveli60

Just started playing Destiny 2, finished the first story mission on Titan. I'm confused. Am I the only one that feels that the sequel lost its identity? The music is different, the graphics seem worse than I remember the first game looking. Not only technically but artistically too, it just looks so boring so far. Where is that magical space monumentality that the first game had? I will never forget D1, it felt "nextgen" even though it was crossgen in reality but I have so many fond memories of it that make it one of the defining games of this gen... This just looks like a sequel thrown together by some "B" team. I know I'm very LTTP and I can't expect the same feeling but this shouldn't be right. Please tell me it will get MUCH better and will be more similar to the first game.

Just started playing Destiny 2, finished the first story mission on Titan. I'm confused. Am I the only one that feels that the sequel lost its identity? The music is different, the graphics seem worse than I remember the first game looking. Not only technically but artistically too, it just looks so boring so far. Where is that magical space monumentality that the first game had? I will never forget D1, it felt "nextgen" even though it was crossgen in reality but I have so many fond memories of it that make it one of the defining games of this gen... This just looks like a sequel thrown together by some "B" team. I know I'm very LTTP and I can't expect the same feeling but this shouldn't be right. Please tell me it will get MUCH better and will be more similar to the first game.

not sure about the point you're making with the graphics, are you playing on console or PC? in any case, I would suggest you go back to Destiny 1 right now and maybe compare the two? D2 had done a lot of improvements in terms of graphics. maybe you're just not feeling the set pieces so far? try to finish the whole story and review what you have again once you've unlocked everything? because I know EDZ and Titan is not really the most impressive looking locations but the later areas you unlock does in my opinion look more interesting.

makaveli60

not sure about the point you're making with the graphics, are you playing on console or PC? in any case, I would suggest you go back to Destiny 1 right now and maybe compare the two? D2 had done a lot of improvements in terms of graphics. maybe you're just not feeling the set pieces so far? try to finish the whole story and review what you have again once you've unlocked everything? because I know EDZ and Titan is not really the most impressive looking locations but the later areas you unlock does in my opinion look more interesting.
I have both games on ps4. Ok, so it will get better later, that's what I needed to hear.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Vanilla D2 locations are a bit bland with art direction aside from Leviathan. I think EDZ looks the worsand IO ain’t that great either.

They step up art direction with Forsaken onward and especially in the dreaming city.

That’s one of the parts of Destiny that hurts itself... the coolest looking stuff is in the raids and huge amounts of players never see it.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Vanilla D2 locations are a bit bland with art direction aside from Leviathan. I think EDZ looks the worsand IO ain’t that great either.

They step up art direction with Forsaken onward and especially in the dreaming city.

That’s one of the parts of Destiny that hurts itself... the coolest looking stuff is in the raids and huge amounts of players never see it.
That's a shame, I never played raids even in Destiny 1 because I hadn't had the time to invest in those, but at least in that game everything looked cool. It was so special at the time. I hope this will really get similar later on.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
That's a shame, I never played raids even in Destiny 1 because I hadn't had the time to invest in those, but at least in that game everything looked cool. It was so special at the time. I hope this will really get similar later on.
I'm the same with raids. I really really want to do them but getting a group together and then doing the raid itself is a massive time commitment that I can't make too often.

makaveli60

I'm the same with raids. I really really want to do them but getting a group together and then doing the raid itself is a massive time commitment that I can't make too often.
Exactly. When I heard they can go up to 6 hours or more I knew that it was just not for me. Shame, since I would be interested in them because I like strikes and raids seem like strikes on steroid.

Exactly. When I heard they can go up to 6 hours or more I knew that it was just not for me. Shame, since I would be interested in them because I like strikes and raids seem like strikes on steroid.

to be honest, it's only so long during the beginning, usually after the raid had been out for a few months those who run them would be pretty good at doing it by then and if you join one that's willing to teach it won't take too long. but yeah, have maybe 2 hours just in case. I would say maybe try look them up on the official LFG page and join one that's"willing to teach" or "newbie friendly" when you have a day off or something. you'll need a headset to be able to talk to your team thou because communication is really important in raids. of course, watch a video and learn up on the raid you want before you start so you get an idea of how things work. honestly raids can be somewhat scary at first, but once you get the hang of it they're some of the most fun things you can do in this game.

VertigoOA

Banned
Getting into raids aren’t as difficult as made out to be. I use LFG all the time. It’s based on my mood mostly. The official phone app from Bungie is quite effective and I use it for trials and raids and other endgame challenges often.

The thing with older raids is that even with many players being open to bringing in newcomers, and many often are... you still should watch a walkthrough or two for that which you’re trying to attempt. You also want to be appropriately geared and powered for them as well.

Raids can take many hours. Others not so much. Sometimes you can finish those raids in an hour avg. Sometimes you only clear 2/3rds of it...

Sometimes even experiencing one encounter is rewarding . Then you try again a week later because you know how to beat that first encounter and maybe beat the next, etc...

VertigoOA

Banned
Before today’s weekly refresh update went live Bungie updated the music in the tower. Ominous? Well... yea.

No idea if any surprises this week including that leaked cutscene.

Next season begins June 9th

Last edited:

makaveli60

So I thought it's only fair to report back about the positives too. As much as EDZ and Titan were letdowns, Nessus is awesome, strange and beautiful, it's exactly what I expect from Destiny. I hope it is an indicator of what to expect from now on.

However, I have some noob questions. Mind you, I want to finish the stories first before starting strikes, events, etc.

So how can I get new weapons? In the first game you could buy them but I haven't seen an option for that. I suppose strikes and such gave you them but as I said I don't want to start doing those yet. Do I have any option? I saw that you can exchange things for them? What and how to get those exactly?

Also I see a lot of quests on the map and a lot of questgivers too. Are these random or how do these work? Are these like real sidemissions with smaller stories or just randomly generated shootouts? I'm asking because I would like to get the most out of the game, seeing all locations etc. without spending too much time with filler content.

Unfortunately I missed the progression of this game, so it's very overwhelming for a noob like me. I would be very glad if someone could link me a good noob guide or answer these questions.

So I thought it's only fair to report back about the positives too. As much as EDZ and Titan were letdowns, Nessus is awesome, strange and beautiful, it's exactly what I expect from Destiny. I hope it is an indicator of what to expect from now on.

However, I have some noob questions. Mind you, I want to finish the stories first before starting strikes, events, etc.

So how can I get new weapons? In the first game you could buy them but I haven't seen an option for that. I suppose strikes and such gave you them but as I said I don't want to start doing those yet. Do I have any option? I saw that you can exchange things for them? What and how to get those exactly?

Also I see a lot of quests on the map and a lot of questgivers too. Are these random or how do these work? Are these like real sidemissions with smaller stories or just randomly generated shootouts? I'm asking because I would like to get the most out of the game, seeing all locations etc. without spending too much time with filler content.

Unfortunately I missed the progression of this game, so it's very overwhelming for a noob like me. I would be very glad if someone could link me a good noob guide or answer these questions.

for the most part, you get weapons from just doing stuff. strikes, quests, Crucible etc. I forgot when you'll have access to Banshee the Gunsmith at the Tower, but he would take Weapon Parts that you get from breaking down unwanted gears and give you random roll weapons. but I would suggest you to just grind strike/Crucible for a while once you've finished the main storyline and you'll get plenty of gear. and other vendors like Zavala and Lord Shaxx would also accept tokens you get from doing strike or Crucible in exchange for gears that include both armors and weapons. but again, I'm a little hazy on when you'll have access to them.

as for quests and stuff, a lot of them are just small story pieces but you'll still often get something out of them. if you have a yellow color quest, those would be for exotic weapons, so give them a go if you want some cool gear. thou I would suggest you to not actually finish those quest by picking up the weapon just yet and wait until you're 900+ light to save on the trouble of keep on upgrading them. I'm pretty sure you can just grind strikes and gear up to 1000 these days. you can look up some of the quests here:

I assume you just have the F2P base game right? if so, highly recommend you to work on getting Riskrunner the exotic SMG since it's super useful and still pretty decent in late games if you don't have anything better. Outbreak Perfected, Whisper Of The Worm are also really good weapons thou pretty sure you'll need some help for those 2. finishing the story will also give you some other exotic weapons quests. and of course Xur will appear every Friday and you can get whatever exotic weapon he's selling that week along with 1 piece of armor for each class. you'll need a lot of legendary shards thou if you want the extra exotic gear from the engram.

as for story progression, give this one a try and see if it helps.

makaveli60

for the most part, you get weapons from just doing stuff. strikes, quests, Crucible etc. I forgot when you'll have access to Banshee the Gunsmith at the Tower, but he would take Weapon Parts that you get from breaking down unwanted gears and give you random roll weapons. but I would suggest you to just grind strike/Crucible for a while once you've finished the main storyline and you'll get plenty of gear. and other vendors like Zavala and Lord Shaxx would also accept tokens you get from doing strike or Crucible in exchange for gears that include both armors and weapons. but again, I'm a little hazy on when you'll have access to them.

as for quests and stuff, a lot of them are just small story pieces but you'll still often get something out of them. if you have a yellow color quest, those would be for exotic weapons, so give them a go if you want some cool gear. thou I would suggest you to not actually finish those quest by picking up the weapon just yet and wait until you're 900+ light to save on the trouble of keep on upgrading them. I'm pretty sure you can just grind strikes and gear up to 1000 these days. you can look up some of the quests here:

I assume you just have the F2P base game right? if so, highly recommend you to work on getting Riskrunner the exotic SMG since it's super useful and still pretty decent in late games if you don't have anything better. Outbreak Perfected, Whisper Of The Worm are also really good weapons thou pretty sure you'll need some help for those 2. finishing the story will also give you some other exotic weapons quests. and of course Xur will appear every Friday and you can get whatever exotic weapon he's selling that week along with 1 piece of armor for each class. you'll need a lot of legendary shards thou if you want the extra exotic gear from the engram.

as for story progression, give this one a try and see if it helps.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Coily

Banned
Like always at season's end.
I'm just piling up on Vanguard and Crucible Tokens just in case the vendors get new legendaries next season.

But who am I kidding, they will probably re_issue the same weapons with the new season water mark

VertigoOA

Banned
Next season won’t have a vendor refresh. Quite likely there will be some kind of playlist refresh for fall tho.

I do expect a weapon refresh for playlist activities in fall however. I’d imagine that any weapons built for what once was D3 has been just been retrofit into that.

If anything next season’s seasonal weapons and armor will preview some the new “D3” perks coming in fall. They said as much a week or two ago.

Playlist specific armor is going byebye. Now it will be a universal gear set for all three playlist activities with ornaments unlockable from playing those activities.

I’m pretty much done for the season. Still logging in for trials of course but not else I want to do other than keep myself busy masterworking some exotics.

Neat little detail... in the tower’s skybox the almighty comes a bit closer with each daily refresh.

As of yesterday’s Bungie blog post... they’re teasing the reveal for both summer and fall soon. All signs point to June 9th... so in other words we won’t know anything about summer season until it launches. I guess it’s too closely tied to the fall expansion content to spoil.

Last edited:
Top Bottom