• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (OT4) Free Stuff For Everybody!

VertigoOA

Banned
I feel like Prometheus Lens is the most powerful weapon in the game for PvE.

I was just working on masterworking it and ... I feel like it just destroys enemies of all kinds just as good as anything even without a weekly burn or something. I wonder if people are just sleeping on it because we’re always to busy chasing whatever we think is meta.

That and any kill refills the mag. So it has actium war rig built in. Best trace rifle IMO.

I gotta admit I’m a bit of a fan of this sunsetting deal. I’m using weapons and builds I wouldn’t have. Forcing our hand to try new things has produced some fun changes to my load outs. I have already scrapped all my old crutches so I’m definitely feeling it ... but there are new options... arguably better options.

Coolguy makes the very best weapon analysis videos by far so check this out and sub to his channel if you’re that kind of player.

Ehroar makes good PVE build videos ... I mostly use a take on this build for both PVE and PVP after farming the right armor stats all season. It’s amazing and reliable.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I feel like Prometheus Lens is the most powerful weapon in the game for PvE.

I was just working on masterworking it and ... I feel like it just destroys enemies of all kinds just as good as anything even without a weekly burn or something. I wonder if people are just sleeping on it because we’re always to busy chasing whatever we think is meta.

That and any kill refills the mag. So it has actium war rig built in. Best trace rifle IMO.

I gotta admit I’m a bit of a fan of this sunsetting deal. I’m using weapons and builds I wouldn’t have. Forcing our hand to try new things has produced some fun changes to my load outs. I have already scrapped all my old crutches so I’m definitely feeling it ... but there are new options... arguably better options.

Coolguy makes the very best weapon analysis videos by far so check this out and sub to his channel if you’re that kind of player.

Ehroar makes good PVE build videos ... I mostly use a take on this build for both PVE and PVP after farming the right armor stats all season. It’s amazing and reliable.

My brother in law and I ran around with the lens and love it too (I call it the melty gun). It really does some awesome stuff and is incredibly fun. Biggest issue I see with it is the ammo economy, it burns through it.

VertigoOA

Banned
Just saw there is a new update/patch. Was anything fun in it?

Background patch? Maybe we’ll get some more datamines to future content for the season. But nothing yet. Iron Banner is up... but 6v6 blows. Tread at your own risk

Theres still some major content left for the season when the exodus quest continues. Community event called calamity protocol as we gather pieces of Rasputin etc to put him into an exo prototype (yea I know spoilers but I don’t care anymore...)

Solstice of Heroes at some point too. I’m pretty much done for the rest of the season with daily logins tho. Maybe some old raids to do.

... fucking finally... I can play other games now.

Been playing Shadow Warrior 1. And holy fuck... that game is amazing. Love the melee combat. Love it! Excellent FPS sword combat. Will play the second game soon... and definitely already in for number 3. Under appreciated for sure!

Last edited:

Dthomp

Getting back into this with a friend after not playing since beating it at release! Is ps4 gaf clan still a thing?

Unfortunately not, nowhere near enough interest or active players here on console. Many jumped to PC that were still here. I play a decent amount in spurts, but be it's that part of the season where there isn't alot to do. This week will be the start of Solstice of Heroes so maybe there will be some more activity going about. What are you guys looking to do in the game?

Unfortunately not, nowhere near enough interest or active players here on console. Many jumped to PC that were still here. I play a decent amount in spurts, but be it's that part of the season where there isn't alot to do. This week will be the start of Solstice of Heroes so maybe there will be some more activity going about. What are you guys looking to do in the game?

Bummer, right now it's basically just getting our light levels up plus all the old content I've missed. So everything since forsaken at this point. If you wannah raid or pvp my tags struggler_guts

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Logged on and started to do the new armor shit and just logged off. Can’t do the same fucking thing as last year again. Thought that exotic side arm was supposed to show up.

Dthomp

Logged on and started to do the new armor shit and just logged off. Can’t do the same fucking thing as last year again. Thought that exotic side arm was supposed to show up.

Think the sidearm was pushed to Sept so that there would be some reason to log on that month. Solstice sucks though, exact same requirements as last year, including the stupid glitch that Gambit Prime matches don't count as Gambit matches still. This event is evidence that I think we are in store for some drastic changes to the game in November, so they had no reason to put resources into this event. Make their eververse cash off the sick armor set and give a checklist of shit to do for the small amount of hardcores that are left. It's a shame, but I think it's just that we are in a boring holding pattern til Nov.

VertigoOA

Banned
EAZ sucks. The armor grind is... I think you can just buy the armor as ornaments with 6,000 bright dust... so... fuck it? Why not use it as an ornament on your god rolled and fully masterworked armor?

Haunted Forest during Halloween has been the best D2 holiday event. If not just because of the amount of enemies.

I think that’ll be gone next year too... because it’s a version of Mercury... but then... what would the Halloween event been when Mercury would’ve gotten axed? Something different I guess that we won’t see this year.

Hoping year 4 brings back SRL this time. I think that’s ideal for the summer. Just racing... I mean it’s a decent wave race knock off

Last edited:

Dthomp

Their silver prices seem insane. I could see $15 bucks for the ornaments for ALL 3 classes, but 1500 silver for EACH one is insane. I'm only at 12000 Bright Dust so I could buy the ornaments for two classes but it would still cost me cash for all 3. Terrible pricing IMO, plus you have to do all the blue armor trash to even be able to buy the legendary ornaments so everybody gets to suffer this shit mode/event.

Lanrutcon

The solstice stuff seems dumb. I want more reasons to play Destiny, but this just makes me want to go play more HZD.

Also: stop trying to make Gambit happen. It's not going to happen.

Dthomp

The solstice stuff seems dumb. I want more reasons to play Destiny, but this just makes me want to go play more HZD.

Also: stop trying to make Gambit happen. It's not going to happen.

Looks at Legendary Chest Piece (Warlock) 0/10 Gambit games....Kill me now. Worst game mode/activity in this game by like 10,000 miles. There are alot of things that need improvement in this franchise, but if I could nuke 1 thing out of existence that isn't Luke Smith and his awful decision making, it'd be Gambit/GP. The mode is bad, majority of the playerbase hates it, let it go.

Dthomp

Not only is Gambit pure trash, some of the pieces have get Guardian kills in PVP/Gambit so people are literally not playing, they are just camping the portal to try for Gambit kills cause they are too big of scrubs to kill somebody without wallhacks and infinite heavy. Trash game mode brings out the trashiest players, just get good at PVP for fucks sake....

DeaDPo0L84

I'm a bit salty how the solstice event seems like a big eververse celebration asking for real money for cool shit we should be allowed to earn in game.

I completed the set for my warlock, of course the roll is trash, so why do I give a shit about it then? Ornaments is all I wanted and we should have the option to sacrifice the solstice armor for the ornaments and not bright dust or real money.

Dthomp

I'm a bit salty how the solstice event seems like a big eververse celebration asking for real money for cool shit we should be allowed to earn in game.

I completed the set for my warlock, of course the roll is trash, so why do I give a shit about it then? Ornaments is all I wanted and we should have the option to sacrifice the solstice armor for the ornaments and not bright dust or real money.

For what it sounds, you have to rip through a bunch of those dumb boxes in hopes of higher stat rolls. I think the first set you get are around 60, so they aren't as bad as last year, but doing all this stuff during a drought feels bad

DeaDPo0L84

For what it sounds, you have to rip through a bunch of those dumb boxes in hopes of higher stat rolls. I think the first set you get are around 60, so they aren't as bad as last year, but doing all this stuff during a drought feels bad

The armor actually looks cool so I was okay doing the grind. Took like 5 hours to get the legendary set. I already have a good set for my warlock that matches how I play so getting the master worked solstice set means nothing to me.

I got the ornament bundle with bright dust for my warlock and honestly I think I'm good, not super interested in anything else during this event since the sparrow and ship can't be earned through gameplay.

Not only is Gambit pure trash, some of the pieces have get Guardian kills in PVP/Gambit so people are literally not playing, they are just camping the portal to try for Gambit kills cause they are too big of scrubs to kill somebody without wallhacks and infinite heavy. Trash game mode brings out the trashiest players, just get good at PVP for fucks sake....

That's one of the aspects I'd fix about Gambit, maybe not let invaders use heavy weapons? Like seeing through walls and having an over shield should be enough, tbh. Though there's plenty of one shot weapons outside the heavy slot which is a lot of why I think PVP in general will never be truly competitive in Destiny. Like, no matter how good you are you could turn the corner and your head is taken off by a sniper and it's not like someone has to be particularly good to end your streak this way. Like increase the skill gap for 1 shot kill weapons or remove them from PVP modes, imo. I also only play GP I should mention because not having Primeval damage occasionally gated off feels wrong, regular Gambit is just primevals constantly being melted. They also get melted in GP which is why I think they should have limits to how much damage you can do like a strike boss' immune phases, though even many of those people have been able to cut right through.

Last edited:

Dthomp

The armor actually looks cool so I was okay doing the grind. Took like 5 hours to get the legendary set. I already have a good set for my warlock that matches how I play so getting the master worked solstice set means nothing to me.

I got the ornament bundle with bright dust for my warlock and honestly I think I'm good, not super interested in anything else during this event since the sparrow and ship can't be earned through gameplay.

I'm half way through the gambit matches on my warlock armor set, feels bad and I want to quit. Then it's just grind out orbs and crap and I can upgrade up to the final version of the set. I'll likely buy a set of glows for my Warlock, don't have the funds to buy for the other two classes with BD, and silver is a joke.

Dthomp

That's one of the aspects I'd fix about Gambit, maybe not let invaders use heavy weapons? Like seeing through walls and having an over shield should be enough, tbh. Though there's plenty of one shot weapons outside the heavy slot which is a lot of why I think PVP in general will never be truly competitive in Destiny. Like, no matter how good you are you could turn the corner and your head is taken off by a sniper and it's not like someone has to be particularly good to end your streak this way. Like increase the skill gap for 1 shot kill weapons or remove them from PVP modes, imo. I also only play GP I should mention because not having Primeval damage occasionally gated off feels wrong, regular Gambit is just primevals constantly being melted. They also get melted in GP which is why I think they should have limits to how much damage you can do like a strike boss' immune phases, though even many of those people have been able to cut right through.

Yeah if they insist on keeping either of these modes around that needs fixing, or better yet, don't force us into it for quests/pinnacles outside of gambit specific type guns. This event making you play what feels like 100 games of regular gambit (Which takes way too long) is rough, and the boss melting is just beyond dumb. Just balance weapon damage and stacking different, or like you said no heavy on invasions, lock the weapon. Gambit the first week was neat when you'd go in, pop a super and go to town. Now it's just 1HK heavy after 1HK heavy, with hacks, and overshild. Like pick 1, it's almost like they don't even play their own game...

VertigoOA

Banned
I enjoy gambit far more than strikes. I’m pretty indifferent to it.

Played two matches of Prime before I realized it didn’t contribute to blue armor goals.

I hadn’t played original gambit in soooooo long. I do like that there’s rounds.

I’d never grind this quest out on all three. That’s insane. Like never. Getting my Titan set done and moving on.

Last edited:
Making you play Gambit is pretty antithetical to their claim that they want you to play the game your way, it's weird how often they seem to make a decent stride forward and then just revert back to shit. Play your way should mean every mode has its own endgame set of armor/weapons/etc, that you could only ever play Crucible and have endgame type crucible gear, the good news is you could still have raiding feel special because it'd have its own unique stuff! I'd even argue it'd be neat to lock certain weapons/armors to certain modes. It'd certainly help them balance shit.

Dthomp

Making you play Gambit is pretty antithetical to their claim that they want you to play the game your way, it's weird how often they seem to make a decent stride forward and then just revert back to shit. Play your way should mean every mode has its own endgame set of armor/weapons/etc, that you could only ever play Crucible and have endgame type crucible gear, the good news is you could still have raiding feel special because it'd have its own unique stuff! I'd even argue it'd be neat to lock certain weapons/armors to certain modes. It'd certainly help them balance shit.

I said earlier, I have a feeling that this event was just ripped and put in to fill time. Destiny 3 was originally on the horizon, I think alot of that became our Europa and the next year of DLC. They can't put a new event in here and spoil changes coming, so we are in a holding pattern, and they are the king of just recycling stuff (Haunted Forrest, Easter Forest). I think we may have had the exotic to do now on the original timeframe with this and maybe they would have made some changes, but to them it's wasted manpower when things are going to change going forward. Give away armors that are cool since armor is likely the only thing not changing in November, stock the eververse and wait til November to really make drastic Taken King style changes.

You are right, any bounty that says Gambit, should also have a PVP equivalent, because there is a large playerbase that hate this mode and would easily (me included) go play 10 PVP games and not rage at my TV to every cheap Gambit tactic. I think what's even crazier, is that for as much as they insist to keep gambit around for the small base who still play it, they have ignored it just as much as they have ignored PVP, so if you aren't going to bother making it better why on earth keep a mode like that around when you are needing to cut content for memory?

I said earlier, I have a feeling that this event was just ripped and put in to fill time. Destiny 3 was originally on the horizon, I think alot of that became our Europa and the next year of DLC. They can't put a new event in here and spoil changes coming, so we are in a holding pattern, and they are the king of just recycling stuff (Haunted Forrest, Easter Forest). I think we may have had the exotic to do now on the original timeframe with this and maybe they would have made some changes, but to them it's wasted manpower when things are going to change going forward. Give away armors that are cool since armor is likely the only thing not changing in November, stock the eververse and wait til November to really make drastic Taken King style changes.

You are right, any bounty that says Gambit, should also have a PVP equivalent, because there is a large playerbase that hate this mode and would easily (me included) go play 10 PVP games and not rage at my TV to every cheap Gambit tactic. I think what's even crazier, is that for as much as they insist to keep gambit around for the small base who still play it, they have ignored it just as much as they have ignored PVP, so if you aren't going to bother making it better why on earth keep a mode like that around when you are needing to cut content for memory?

I wish Gambit was a full-fledged enough mode I could convince friends to play with me. Like there's little things they could do here and there to make it more special, I think what I really appreciate about it is how much like a MOBA it feels, the thing is in a real MOBA there's always the risk of engagement with enemy players. Makes me wonder if what Gambit really needs is to simply embrace that feel and become a FPS MOBA where instead of the way it currently is we get very huge, long maps with three lanes our own adds go down to face off with the enemy team's adds and engaging other players is constant. Just make it 3D FPS League of Legends, it'd solve most my problems with it and it'd be so much more fun, at least I would expect it to be.

I completed the solstice armor on all three characters (minus the 7 trials wins). It wasn't too grindy to be honest. You get a multiplier with each subsequent character.
I solo'd pit of heresy. Not flawless though.

Dthomp

I completed the solstice armor on all three characters (minus the 7 trials wins). It wasn't too grindy to be honest. You get a multiplier with each subsequent character.
I solo'd pit of heresy. Not flawless though.

Nice, I would have been done with it all, but new content for MLB the Show hit on Friday and I've been grinding that ever since. Finished my Warlock (just need 7 trials wins, PoH (easy), and master NF (easy), got my Titan to final set of gear, just need to quick grind my hunter, but since there isn't anything to do for a month....I've got time.

Dthomp

Does everyone play in separate clans or is there a gaf clan?

No official GAF clan, people are just kind of spread about. Which is fancy way of saying there isn't much interest in this game around here these days. I play on PS4 in bursts, know a few others do too, just haven't noticed alot of interest in grouping up to do group activities. There isn't the thrill anymore like we had in D1GAF days for grouping up and raiding and PVPing since both experiences are a step back from D1, maybe November brings back some magic.

Mithos

Nice, I would have been done with it all, but new content for MLB the Show hit on Friday and I've been grinding that ever since. Finished my Warlock (just need 7 trials wins, PoH (easy), and master NF (easy), got my Titan to final set of gear, just need to quick grind my hunter, but since there isn't anything to do for a month....I've got time.

The manual Fireteam creation requirement for a few of the solstice armor completions made the wind go completely go out of me.
So dissapointed, Bungie need to start making "quests" where you have options.

Also have the 7 osiris, PoH, master NF, I don't consider any of those easy though, since I've never played any of it before and all guides that supposed to help, I have none of the weapons or mods they say you need.

I think this killed the game permanently for me.

Lanrutcon

The manual Fireteam creation requirement for a few of the solstice armor completions made the wind go completely go out of me.
So dissapointed, Bungie need to start making "quests" where you have options.

Also have the 7 osiris, PoH, master NF, I don't consider any of those easy though, since I've never played any of it before and all guides that supposed to help, I have none of the weapons or mods they say you need.

I think this killed the game permanently for me.

So pvp is cancer and will never be fun. You can just scratch that.
PoH is pretty easy. Don't need specific gear, just need a guide (as in, someone in the group who knows their shit). Find a clan. PoH also has the Xenophage, an amazing exotic. Might as well get it while you're there. You can do the prequests solo.
Master NF takes some coordination and decent gear. You can't just waltz in there as a group of blueberries. You need to have spent some time with the game to prepare.

I'd say just ignore this event, really. It'll be around next year, and it'll be just as shit then...but you'll be way better geared.

VertigoOA

Banned
You can get the ornament version with the glows for bright dust once you unlock the legendary version. That way you can just make your best stat armor look the part.

Unless you’re chasing the the titles for the season there’s no point in completing the armor quest.

Otherwise, ornamental version is best and easiest option. That is unless you don’t have 6,000 bright dust laying about. Then that’s another type of grind. (I’m currently shy about 1500 bright dust but I’ll have it by next week I’d think)

Last edited:

Dthomp

How much bright dust can you earn each week? 2000?

Each weekly on each character gets you 200, not counting the dailies that give you like 10. So Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit can earn you 600 per character plus some of those dailies, alot of work and for what I've seen the colored glows are no where near as bright on our guardian as the game shows when you view them in store, just FYI

Each weekly on each character gets you 200, not counting the dailies that give you like 10. So Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit can earn you 600 per character plus some of those dailies, alot of work and for what I've seen the colored glows are no where near as bright on our guardian as the game shows when you view them in store, just FYI

Thanks.
I already got the glows on my titan and on my hunter. I need 3600 BD to buy it on my warlock. Is it worth it? Nah. But i'll do it anyway.

Dthomp

Thanks.
I already got the glows on my titan and on my hunter. I need 3600 BD to buy it on my warlock. Is it worth it? Nah. But i'll do it anyway.

I think I'm 5k BD away if I wanted it on all 3, but man I don't want to play all that Gambit/Strikes/PVP grind and go broke on it :/

VertigoOA

Banned
I can grind crucible alllllll day.

I think the glow brightness is a bug. Heard or read that somewhere....

Edit: I can grind non 6v6 crucible all day

Last edited:

HoodWinked

the weekly and repeatable bounties from Eva also give bright dust, they are currently bugged but they are going to retroactively give all the bright dust that was earned with those bounties.

VertigoOA

Banned
I never really play too meta. I do my own thing mostly. Like, I haven’t been using auto rifles at all... so i missed out on the hard light party during shadowkeep for instance or whenever it was. Same with mountaintop. I had it... just didn’t feel like using it.

With that said, I had NO IDEA that to use breachloaded Grenade launchers you got to press and hold and time the release. for fucks sake ...

Truthteller is pretty fun In everything

VertigoOA

Banned
New discoveries in meta...

Ikelos SMG is the undisputed king of SMGs in PVP.

You’re looking for Dynamic Sway Reduction and Tap the Trigger. For magazine you want Seraph rounds (who’s bonus stats are hidden) or anything that increases range and/or stability.

I saw some videos last night on it and I have that roll with accurized rounds instead of seraph or ricochet and my masterwork is a shitty reload masterwork (I want range or stability).

I decided to slap a counterbalance mod on it too. It has good range. Melts in crucible. I might just start using this moving forward. I’m beyond impressed and it’s fun as hell to use.

Farm the shit out of it right now.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Holly shit at the twab and all the stuff going away. Losing 7 strikes and get 1 new one 1 old one and 2 other old ones later in the year.

Man I knew it was going to feel bad but just ripping away a chunk of a game you bought just fucking sucks.

Dthomp

Holly shit at the twab and all the stuff going away. Losing 7 strikes and get 1 new one 1 old one and 2 other old ones later in the year.

Man I knew it was going to feel bad but just ripping away a chunk of a game you bought just fucking sucks.

I'm looking forward to be honest, I can't say I'll miss any of those strikes outside of maybe Pyramidion. Fallen Saber is a nice quick one, and the other Cosmodrome one was also very good. They need to work on better paced strikes and strike loot (Hope this is addressed in BL).

Most of the maps going away in PVP won't be missed either. Just need to find out about the PS4>PS5 transfer stuff.

It doesn't matter if we lose old content like strikes if they have no actual plans to make strikes feel useful, rewarding or fun. As someone who's played those maps too many times over the course of the last 3 years I do NOT care... I mean... to be honest I'm starting to just not care in general, like I'm getting the DLC, there's no getting around that, but I suspect an end-date on when I stop being wowed by it. With Shadowkeep I had snoozed on Season of the Drifter and most of Season of Opulence despite purchasing both, I had check-ins during those seasons but never went nuts for them, I made every Menagerie gun at least once, though. Usually for a new Destiny DLC to truly hook me it needs to have content I skipped as well, like The Taken King was huge but it was also after I skipped House of Wolves and all that content was like a neat extra when actually getting to TTK, especially since PoE still gave good loot. It's weird because it's obvious how to make their activities matter again, just look to the past... we liked Raid loot systems better before, we liked Iron Banner better before, we liked Skeleton Keys on strikes... there's so many obvious answers IN THE FRANCHISE'S PAST for making stuff meaningful again so it makes it hard to excuse them not doing it. This also doesn't sound like it's Forsaken level, somewhere between Forsaken and Shadowkeep is my guess.

I'm taken back to when I bought Anthem and the Division II because D2 was getting slightly stale for me, I think there's another Destiny clone coming out this fall... Outriders? Probably buy it, hopefully it's more Division II than Anthem.

Dthomp

It doesn't matter if we lose old content like strikes if they have no actual plans to make strikes feel useful, rewarding or fun. As someone who's played those maps too many times over the course of the last 3 years I do NOT care... I mean... to be honest I'm starting to just not care in general, like I'm getting the DLC, there's no getting around that, but I suspect an end-date on when I stop being wowed by it. With Shadowkeep I had snoozed on Season of the Drifter and most of Season of Opulence despite purchasing both, I had check-ins during those seasons but never went nuts for them, I made every Menagerie gun at least once, though. Usually for a new Destiny DLC to truly hook me it needs to have content I skipped as well, like The Taken King was huge but it was also after I skipped House of Wolves and all that content was like a neat extra when actually getting to TTK, especially since PoE still gave good loot. It's weird because it's obvious how to make their activities matter again, just look to the past... we liked Raid loot systems better before, we liked Iron Banner better before, we liked Skeleton Keys on strikes... there's so many obvious answers IN THE FRANCHISE'S PAST for making stuff meaningful again so it makes it hard to excuse them not doing it. This also doesn't sound like it's Forsaken level, somewhere between Forsaken and Shadowkeep is my guess.

I'm taken back to when I bought Anthem and the Division II because D2 was getting slightly stale for me, I think there's another Destiny clone coming out this fall... Outriders? Probably buy it, hopefully it's more Division II than Anthem.

I've had this discussion with friends, and it ties into this current event being shit. I think we are in store for some major changes to the game (Hopefully towards what you said with things we had before). We are in such a bad current state of why bother for them because major changes are afoot, and why bother for us....because same reason. The reason to run strikes/crucible/gambit needs to not be for a bigger number, it needs to be for chasable loot, bottom line. If crucible had an Eyasluna/Party Crasher/Longbow we'd be chasing it. Get rid of tokens and go back to XP systems for those and make end of activity drops matter again, that fixes boredom across 3 different modes right there

VertigoOA

Banned
I’m actually excited about destinations being nuked.

They’re basing most of this on supporting player data I’d imagine. Current players don’t really engage in older content.

I can say that’s true about myself. I don’t think I even visit patrol zones unless some mundane quest points me towards some particular farming spot I know.

And from a quality control perspective... Leviathan is the worst major raid in the series. I’m only going to miss scourge out of the bunch because that boss fight is great but I think they’re trying to appease us with featuring two similar mech enemies in the first beyond light trailer.

Garden of Salvation and Last Wish are probably my two favorite raids not called Vault of Glass. So the “best of” feeling I’m sure the game is going to feel like when that relaunches is kinda .. welcomed??

I’m excited to be honest. Incremental yearly improvements, like random rolls, movement speed and special weapons Is nice. Build crafting direction with armor 2.0 is finally starting to show its teeth now too. But they need a major shakeup like this.

I imagine it’ll give us the feeling of a pseudo-sequel if all goes off well enough.

Beyond Light just has to be the biggest expansion to date for them to pull this off, and introduce enough new things unless somehow ice subclasses reaches that quota as minimally as possible.

Cosmodrome is going to be really nice to revisit in 4K HDR but if it’s mostly just their replacement for the axed f2p content ... I hope the rumor about the pyramid ship on Europa being an unlockable post-campaign patrol zone like dreaming city is true. Seems so at this point, it’s front and center of all promotional material. I doubt it will be a pointless skybox like in shadowkeep this time.

I doubt we will see the darkness for at least three years now tho. Seems like we are still very much in the dark with what’s featured in Beyond Light ... Bungie is still trying to mitigate the predictable fan outrage that we see every ... few weeks.

And to end my rant... Nessus was originally said to feature siva in vanilla destiny 2. I imagine that once cut content will result in such a world state change at some point, would be cool if that unraveled as the next seasonal narrative... I mean, Nessus was most closely related to Leviathan and it’s raids but out of all the vanilla content only edz and Nessus are staying ... like what’s the point of Nessus without leviathan?

Keep in mind that the exodus black carried siva.... I’d place a bet on that happening ... then again they kind of telegraph everything in lore.

When they redid the cosmodrome in destiny 1 for rise of iron I thought it was one of the best patrol zones in the entire game in fact to this day I would say if it's second to anything it would only be the dreadnought. So I would welcome them doing that to nessus.

I definitely need the expansion to at least be forsaken size to believe that it's going to bring me back. I was going to disagree with you about Leviathan being the worst raid but it sounds like you're not including stuff like spire of stars?

I think last wish is great in one of the best but I think it's hard to deny that it's really weird the intended way the kill the final boss is not the way anyone does it

Top Bottom