• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I want to play it on PC because I can imagine playing on kb+m must feel so satisfying on destiny
I played ps4 but I do remember thinking all the times I just wished I could've been on a keyboard and mouse setup

Looking forward to that.

Lmao.
There's a destiny streamer who uses k+m on ps4.

But make no mistake. Destiny is a console game and plays like one. Not just a shooter also a platformer, puzzler, and sometimes a racing game lol

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Yea ok 2 not even 100 so maybe you played about 30h ? 2 aimbots ?

So i play Ps4 shooters and in 100 games you have 30 lagswitcher or host booster so boters are not a real argument about a game.

And if the Developer is good like Blizzard this will not get out of hand.

Modoru

There's a destiny streamer who uses k+m on ps4.

But make no mistake. Destiny is a console game and plays like one. Not just a shooter also a platformer, puzzler, and sometimes a racing game lol
Is there? I don't really watch destiny streams. I suppose that's true, but I always wondered, you know?

Yea ok 2 not even 100 so maybe you played about 30h ? 2 aimbots ?

So i play Ps4 shooters and in 100 games you have 30 lagswitcher or host booster so boters are not a real argument about a game.

And if the Developer is good like Blizzard this will not get out of hand.
Yeah, I'm just giving you what little I know dude, I don't play a lot of overwatch, chill 😩

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is there? I don't really watch destiny streams. I suppose that's true, but I always wondered, you know?

PS4 allows kb+m
Hell some top tier OverWatch players use it to get into the top tiers of competitive
If it's an advantage and legal per say abuse it

Paragon MOBA Third Person Shooter also allows this
Lots of games give acess

GodVegeta

Neo Member
I am chill ;) But you present your view and i only can present mine so both platforms have problems with cheaters/abusers/hackers but i would not let this be the determing factor for what platform i game on.

nOoblet16

PC version makes me a bit sad inasmuch as I assume the PS4 community is going to jump ship for the PC version.

This is not happening. As much as I want to buy on PC I am getting it on PS4 because well half the people in the community don't have a PC and a large portion of the other half (including myself) will play on PS4 because of the first half.

pantsmith

I'm aware, just saying it's been pretty thoroughly debunked by folks that care way too much about the grimoire lore.

Example.

For what its worth, I am super invested in Destiny lore and think its entirely plausible Rasputin shot the Traveler, based on what we know.

I read the post you linked when it was originally posted, and while I respect the author we are all still interpreting and extrapolating on vague evidence. Basically we don't know until we know, but you could make a strong argument either way.

Gator86

Djees the thurst is real for looter shooters, still makes me wonder why there aren't any more of them

They're hard as shit to make and the ones that do make it out the door are juggernauts. Just look at the mess that was launch D1 to see how hard it is to make one of these. It took a huge, experienced dev with damn near unlimited resources a full year AFTER release to get the game to what should have been launch quality.

nOoblet16

PS4 allows kb+m
Hell some top tier OverWatch players use it to get into the top tiers of competitive
If it's an advantage and legal per say abuse it

Paragon MOBA Third Person Shooter also allows this
Lots of games give acess

KB/m on PS4 is still not 1:1 since it is emulating controller basically. It feels weird because it doesn't work like KB/m then there is the factor of aim assist making it feel even worse with KB/m, in a game like Destiny which has astonishing amount of aim assist I would find it infuriating to play with a KB/m on PS4.

Reddit post and Universo Destiny got scrubbed clean. Apparently someone was going to get fired. Someone grabbed a screen of the confession before that got wiped too.

C8Klad3UAAIIcXl.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/higgyC/status/847421672399421443

GraveRobberX

KB/m on PS4 is still not 1:1 since it is emulating controller basically. It feels weird because it doesn't work like KB/m then there is the factor of aim assist making it feel even worse with KB/m, in a game like Destiny which has astonishing amount of aim assist I would find it infuriating to play with a KB/m on PS4.

It may not be, I'm just letting the poster know that PS4 at least gives you the option in whatever state

Was just responding to poster requesting if/possible to Destiny on PS4 could've been played with kb+m

Lee

For what its worth, I am super invested in Destiny lore and think its entirely plausible Rasputin shot the Traveler, based on what we know.

I read the post you linked when it was originally posted, and while I respect the author we are all still interpreting and extrapolating on vague evidence. Basically we don't know until we know, but you could make a strong argument either way.

I've read it all as well. Can't get enough.

Based on what we have today, I think Ra-Ra-Rasputin shrugged and the Traveler chose to fight. That could change with the next girmoire card release though, of course.

GraveRobberX

One hour.......Until this place gets crushed by hyperbole from all angles

Drive-By shit posting will be on such an epic scale
We might have to create 2 threads

1 for conversation and a red herring for those drive-bys
Put Pookie the Red Herring thread on the corner, take one for the team

Less than one hour! I'll definitely pre-order the collector's edition just because, but I'll have to decided on whether or not I really want to keep it. I plan on getting Scorpio this fall while also keeping my One S to use in the bedroom. Not sure I'd want to swap discs back and forth just to play wherever I want.

I'm aware, just saying it's been pretty thoroughly debunked by folks that care way too much about the grimoire lore.

Example, which references a grimoire writer weighing in.

That's a strong counter argument against the theory, for sure. I'm still leaning towards Rasputin pulling the trigger, though.

Wow so the dude posted all of this without even getting consent from his source?

That is a pretty scummy thing to do honestly

It is, but at the same time it's pretty dumb to leak the info if you aren't prepared for it to get out. Why did the "source" even show it to this guy he clearly wasn't supposed to.

Based on what we have today, I think Ra-Ra-Rasputin shrugged and the Traveler chose to fight. That could change with the next girmoire card release though, of course.

That's a strong counter argument against the theory, for sure. I'm still leaning towards Rasputin pulling the trigger, though.

Yeah it really could go either way. There's evidence of both happening it's really up for interpretation.

I lean towards Rasputin attacked as we know the Traveler has abandoned races in their time of need before (The Fallen) So I don't see what would have changed here. But maybe Traveler had a change of heart and decided to fight

Lee

It would definitely make Rasputin the savior if true. And ambiguity is good to have at this point in the story (no more than 1/3 of the way through).

I lean towards Rasputin attacked as we know the Traveler has abandoned races in their time of need before (The Fallen) So I don't see what would have changed here. But maybe Traveler had a change of heart and decided to fight

I mean, he/she/it basically says as much in the card I linked to. Who knows though. The Traveler could just be resolved to fight for us because its disabled and has no choice, but I feel like the grimoire author chiming in has a lot of significance for the theory against that. I'm sure it will all be novelized someday.

pantsmith

Word. My interpretation always rested on the "knives" representing humanity (and Rasputin by proxy) betraying the Traveler to keep it from leaving - symbolically the word knife has the connotation of underhandedness and backstabbing, to say nothing of the obvious allusion to Ceasar and saving the Republic with "knives".

The largest wound being on the bottom of the Traveler always struck me as suspicious - did it just turn its wound toward us to heal, or is it evidence that it was struck heaviest from below?

Stuff like this is why I adore Destiny's lore.

Some people want to show off that they are in the know and have info others don't.

It's risky enough talking about it. Taking and sharing photos of the game over the internet though? That's like taking a photo of your magic wand, sending it to your gf's best friend, and thinking "nothing bad can come from this".

IHaveIce

Banned
PC version makes me a bit sad inasmuch as I assume the PS4 community is going to jump ship for the PC version.

Sadly that won't happen. :( I wish it would.
But ps4 palyers that always tell everyone "just want to play the best version of my multiplats" will stay on PS :(

Game would be really great on PC with a huge community

It's risky enough talking about it. Taking and sharing photos of the game over the internet though? That's like taking a photo of your magic wand, sending it to your gf's best friend, and thinking "nothing bad can come from this".

What if she really REALLY likes magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom