• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I don't miss running around Mars opening chests to try and get some relic iron to level up my gear.

Don't miss that at all.

No one said that
Crazy how you still remember that from 3 years ago
Painful memory, yet attached with you lol

I was top tier resource farming Guardian in Destiny
Bounties + Resource/Patrol Hunting
Most GAFfers tried to do an intervention on me, they failed!

GlamFM

Banned
I don't miss running around Mars opening chests to try and get some relic iron to level up my gear.

Don't miss that at all.

I do... I really do.

The way they give you stuff just for showing up has made it so that nothing feels special anymore.

15 minutes to go.

Really hope Bungie have an awesome trailer ready to go here.

Also can't wait to see the mountains of people drive by posting how it's "CG? Ugh"

Drewboy64

This trailer is going to have to be really good to make me feel hopeful about Destiny 2. I just keep thinking about how great Destiny 1 looked in its trailers versus the final product.

Gator86

Don't miss that at all.

Goddamn, I forgot how much grind and filler was in early Destiny. I really hope they don't bring all that shit back. Just focus on making fun and rewarding content. Grind is not good.

This trailer is going to have to be really good to make me feel hopeful about Destiny 2. I just keep thinking about how great Destiny 1 looked in its trailers versus the final product.

Millions upon millions of people think the final product was great though.

But I get what you're saying

GlamFM

Banned
Goddamn, I forgot how much grind and filler was in early Destiny. I really hope they don't bring all that shit back. Just focus on making fun and rewarding content. Grind is not good.

Disagree. Chasing thing is more fun than owning thing. At least for me.

DeviantBoi

You should've picked it from rocks. :p

You got more from chests, but I was also looking out for rocks.

There was a nice loop in that one area in Mars to the right of your starting location to open chests. It was always a constant struggle when others were doing the same.

Nerokis

Don't miss that at all.

Honestly, I feel like patrolling is underrated. Destiny has a combination of things that make it worthwhile for me: a fundamentally satisfying combat loop, great environmental design, just enough secrets to make me want to look under every nook and cranny (i.e., finding ghosts is fun), and enough things to stack up on that you can end a patrol feeling like you've been relatively productive with your Destiny time.

It's definitely shallow content, but in a zen kind of way.

The black guy is a warlock

Oh, is he? My bad. Confused that yellow piece of cloth with the thing Titans wear.

C8LlVJbUQAQPmqc.jpg

Collectors:

Limited:
from https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

Trace

Banned

Agreed. Aside from some of the exotic RNG shenanigans, I enjoyed when getting each piece of gear was a big deal, now the game just rains legendaries on you and you don't care about 99% of them.

Hell I got all 4 exotic adept primaries from Crota this week, I basically have no reason to do it again since I dislike the armor.

Van Bur3n

I am of the same sentiment as everyone else in regards to the box art. Looks incredibly dull and doesn't do much to stand out from the previous game's box art, save for the removal of helmets here. And even then, if you're going to do that, at least represent all of the other races in your sci-fi fantasy game. More exciting than just humans.

GraveRobberX

I'm hype for this, but my god that boxart is awful.

Yet everyone will spend $60+ to play it...
I don't get it, most will shelve the box, it's not like your gonna showcase it

I'm OK it with being generic, hell most of the public at large will just go Oh cool they made a Destiny 2 now

Gator86

At what point is fun and rewarding content the same as owning everything? It's possible to make the journey fun and rewarding without it being a grind. There's a big difference between chasing something in an enjoyable way and being forced to scour an area for mats while you listen to podcasts to drown out the boredom.

Drewboy64

At what point is fun and rewarding content the same as owning everything? It's possible to make the journey fun and rewarding without it being a grind. There's a big difference between chasing something in an enjoyable way and being forced to scour an area for mats while you listen to podcasts to drown out the boredom.

This x1000. Having a story and taking cues from games like Zelda (in the sense that exploration is rewarded by finding interesting or useful things) can really help with the grind.

GraveRobberX

Well no way in hell im buying CE is $250!

Holy fuck!
Walmart shows the price
Sold out on amazon

Looks like Digital Deluxe for me!

a harpy

Well no way in hell im buying CE is $250!

Holy fuck!
Walmart shows the price
Sold out on amazon

Looks like Digital Deluxe for me!

I don't think it's sold out. I don't think it ever went up. I've been refreshing (since before it was even a page) and it has yet to show as available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom