• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Spoiler Thread

Strakt

destiny-2-4.jpg

Things are leaking

UNMARKED SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

Names of Exotics, Story Missions, Strikes, Sectors, Etc LEAKED

My only hope for low strike count - that new engine / dev tools they built for this game better come to fruition and start dropping free game updates with more quests / adventures / strikes throughout the year.

Even if we just got 2-3 extra "free" strikes a year, that would be awesome. It wouldn't be the first time they did something like that, but I sure hope that number goes up because anyone who has played the game and grinded will know how stale it can get when you keep getting the same strike over and over again.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
Here we go! Destiny has this flow to its news cycle. It's been super positive for awhile.. time for people to flip out about duplicate exotics, number of missions etc.

Ahh destiny never change

jtar86

If that's everything that's really sad. A lot of old exotics on that list. They really couldn't make all new ones for the sequel. 4 planets and 5 strikes. Fucking lame.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Saw an EDZ exploration preview video (or actually read the translation, since it was in German), where they said there were lots and lots of strikes. What gives?

JackHerer

I'm guessing this is from the PC datamine... maybe it's not everything, but it probably is :(

This isn't really consistent with what they've said about the amount of content but what else is new.

Edit: where are Ace of Spades and Razelighter? We know those returning exotics are in the game from seeing NPCs use them in the beta... Are they really gonna tease players like that?

enkaisu

Banned
Yiiikes. Only 5 strikes? I was hoping for double that at the very least. I think this just unsold me on the game.

Edit: And on top of that there's so many reused/returning exotics from the first game. I dunno about this...

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
I'm guessing this is from the PC datamine... maybe it's not everything, but it probably is :(

This isn't really consistent with what they've said about the amount of content but what else is new.

Edit: where are Ace of Spades and Razelighter? We know those returning exotics are in the game from seeing NPCs use them in the beta... Are they really gonna tease players like that?

It's from the guide. Someone has it and is posting on Reddit.

Hmm, Lake of Shadows from the PS4 stuff isn't listed under strikes. Wonder if it got a name change or this list came from the PC or something.\

Edit: Or the guide.

My only hope for low strike count - that new engine / dev tools they built for this game better come to fruition and start dropping free game updates with more quests / adventures / strikes throughout the year.

Even if we just got 2-3 extra "free" strikes a year, that would be awesome. It wouldn't be the first time they did something like that, but I sure hope that number goes up because anyone who has played the game and grinded will know how stale it can get when you keep getting the same strike over and over again.

Especially with Schreier's leak of them adapting Destiny 1 content into Destiny 2.... I want some free raids as well. Vault of Glass 2.0 should be top of their priority list.

Also the new tower looks neat

SgtCobra

No words. Really disappointing te hear that it seems to have the same amount of content as the first Destiny. But hey, never judge a book on its cover, I'll have to judge for myself how things stack up.

So many recycled shit exotics, jeeez.

Well shit. This just significantly deflated my hype.

The low number of exotic weapons overall is a bummer. I'd rather they include more old ones than have so few.

Yea I doubt transfering them over takes much time but what do I know. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I do wish they had most of the old exotics...

Im expecting with each expansion we'll get a few old exotics and maybe an old location like venus or the moon along with new content to pad it out.

No words. Really disappointing te hear that it seems to have the same amount of content as the first Destiny. But hey, never judge a book on its cover, I'll have to judge for myself how things stack up.

Lets hope the open world stuff is as substantial as they're making it sound because a new patrol zone by December with some new strikes and a raid would be enough to keep me engaged.

D i Z

Yeah I'm good until they put out the nickle and diming content. I'll get it when all of the shouting has died down.

renzolama

Boy, that exotic list looks extremely thin. It immediately brings to mind Y2/Y3 Destiny where they released minimal, rehashed exotics piecemeal every half year with boring patches and expected everyone to jump in and grind for the same weapon again at a new light level. I really hope they didn't finish Destiny 1 feeling like that had been a successful content release strategy and doubled down on it here.

Edit: And yeah, this is the ultimate extension of that same bullshit, because now they're going to get you to buy an entirely new game to grind for the same exotics after not allowing you to bring over your gear from Destiny 1.

BashNasty

I am so, so fucking pissed that the PC version is coming out so long after the console versions.

A month and a half is a long damn time.

Blueblur1

I'm sure the 17 missions count is of solely main campaign/story missions. I expect quests made up of smaller missions to litter the Director after the campaign is completed just like they did with The Taken King.

ryseing

5 strikes at launch? Fucking what?!

Especially if that playlist ends up being basically required for PvE players to get marks for raid gear again...

I despise Destiny's PvP, so I hope there's a better, non-repetitive way for PvE players to gear up.

I figured they'd recycle tons of weapons.
The overall content is what I was always concerned about.
I think a lot of people expected something close to the base game plus the first two expansions as far as content, but we're getting a lot less. We don't even have all the subclasses we used to have. I'm surprised no one complained about that. I imagine a lot of old content is going to be trickling out over time. And people will be excited for it.

And there's no excuse this time like last time where the game had a lot of development trouble.
Fucking bummer.

JackHerer

Welp, at least patrol looks to be a massive improvement. Looks like it will be activity worth doing even endgame so might soften the blow.

Still, I honestly expected the game to have nearly twice the amount of strikes and exotic weapons as D1 at launch. Not mad about rehashes, just the overall low variety.

Subclasses returning has been known for a bit but seeing Nightstalker tree solidifies my Hunter main (or at least starting character) again.

Van Bur3n

Of all of the helmets to bring back, they brought back Skull of Dire Akhamkara? Not Obsidian Mind? Not the Ram?

And Hardlight? Really? Reeeeeeeally?

renzolama

Some of these exotic perks are hilarious:

"Hunter - Lucky Pants - Increases hand cannon ready speed and initial accuracy"

So, basically, the exotic perks in Destiny 2 are about lined up with default weapon perks from Destiny 1. Hey, at least this way nobody will claim they're imbalanced for PVP.

These story missions are pretty much guaranteed to be meatier than D1's though with the story focus.

There's also the adventures, lost sectors, etc. There's plenty of content here.

Oh I'm not worried. The beta story mission and strike were much better in quality and quantity, and I actually enjoyed the amount of original content just fine.

I do think it's funny, for the purpose of check lists and numbers, that on paper the content appears the same as Destiny 1. Almost exactly the same. Even after the delay and the complaints and all this time.

Im hyped though! Lets go 5 more days!!! (And 30 min)

hydruxo

I think a lot of people expected something close to the base game plus the first two expansions as far as content, but we're getting a lot less. We don't even have all the subclasses we used to have. I'm surprised no one complained about that. I imagine a lot of old content is going to be trickling out over time. And people will be excited for it.

Fucking bummer.

What do you mean we don't have the subclasses we used to have? All three subclasses are in the game for each class. The third subclasses were confirmed a week ago.

As for the bolded, you get used to having all that content because it stacks up over D1's lifespan, but realistically we were never getting that much content on day 1 of D2. It will gradually be added on over time with expansions, just like D1. That's how these types of games work.

And people are glossing over how much they've added to patrols with the adventures which are 10-15 min long, the lost sectors, pvp, etc.

Chille

And there's no excuse this time like last time where the game had a lot of development trouble.
Fucking bummer.

Err we have all 3 subclasses in the game so, also being a ps4 owner that means 6 strikes for us!

People complaining for 5 strikes, 6 if we count the one exclusive to PS clearly did not played D1 at launch. Also, every other aspect of the game has been improved, no need to farm strikes like a maniac when you have patrol activities that can earn you the same kind of loot.

One of them is called "Savathün's Song", that's your "Outbound signal" kind of tease, Savathün's is one of Oryx sisters.

molnizzle

People complaining for 5 strikes, 6 if we count the one exclusive to PS clearly did not played D1 at launch.

Also, every other aspect of the game has been improved, no need to farm strikes like a maniac when you have patrol activities that can earn you the same kind of loot.

...or we played D1 and expected them to learn.

Seriously WTF is this?

What do you mean we don't have the subclasses we used to have? All three subclasses are in the game for each class. The third subclasses were confirmed a week ago.

As for the bolded, you get used to having all that content because it stacks up over D1's lifespan, but realistically we were never getting that much content on day 1 of D2. It will gradually be added on over time with expansions, just like D1. That's how these types of games work.

And people are glossing over how much they've added to patrols with the adventures which are 10-15 min long, the lost sectors, pvp, etc.

All 3 of the old subclasses for each class plus the new ones?
I thought they had taken one out for each and gotten "replaced" with the new ones.

And as far as content, I expected more considering it got made under normal circumstances. Unlike Destiny 1 which they had a lot of trouble with.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Eh I'm fine with the amount of content. 17 missions and 5 strikes is fine with me. I'll be there day 1 ...24th october though :( lol

JackHerer

All 3 of the old subclasses for each class plus the new ones?
I thought they had taken one out for each and gotten "replaced" with the new ones.

And as far as content, I expected more considering it got made under normal circumstances. Unlike Destiny 1 which they had a lot of trouble with.

Only one that isn't really returning in some fashion is Sunsinger for warlocks.

Top Bottom