• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Alpha Gameplay Leaks [Update: Luke from Bungie comments, read post 1557]

Caode

I just got my email with my registration code for the Destiny beta, even though the beta isn't supposed to begin for a month, apparently, anyone else? Just seems a bit early... and with bungie set to be on stage at Sony's conference tonight.. who knows...

broony

I just got my email with my registration code for the Destiny beta, even though the beta isn't supposed to begin for a month, apparently, anyone else? Just seems a bit early... and with bungie set to be on stage at Sony's conference tonight.. who knows...
Who from? Bungie or whoever you pre ordered with?

Caode

Who from? Bungie or whoever you pre ordered with?

It's from Amazon to register via my Bungie account, just thought it was a bit early with them being sent out, plenty of other people getting them out now too, probably just getting them out early for a smoother process.

gcubed

It's from Amazon to register via my Bungie account, just thought it was a bit early with them being sent out, plenty of other people getting them out now too, probably just getting them out early for a smoother process.

i got mine the day i preordered quite a long time ago

FeD.nL

I think that is normal, I got my code immediately as I pre-ordered some 3 months ago and registered the same day.

edit: same as gcubed

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered in a physical retailer a few months ago and got the code then. Probably just a coincidence.

FeD.nL

Are they going to show competitive mp tonight at Sony? I'm really anxious to see it but I got a test tomorrow... decisions decisions...

They've been going out from retailers for like a year now.

Caode

They've been going out from retailers for like a year now.

No one around here got them until today, everyone I know who pre-ordered (both in UK and Ireland) are only getting them today. Sorry for the slight drama just with these things here I never usually get anything until about a week before hand, or a few days.

No one around here got them until today, everyone I know who pre-ordered (both in UK and Ireland) are only getting them today. Sorry for the slight drama just with these things here I never usually get anything until about a week before hand, or a few days.

Huh, maybe it's a euro thing? I've definitely had my code for a few months now.

Achronos

The token you submit to bungie.net is sent out from your retailer, each retailer is different. Some send it out right when you order, some wait. Your retailer is in the latter category.

At some point, bungie.net will be updated with UI to select your desired platform and give you an appropriate platform-specific marketplace download code to get the beta client. You'll likely get an email about it, and see it plastered all over bnet and social media that it is time to go redeem your beta code on bnet.

Caode

The token you submit to bungie.net is sent out from your retailer, each retailer is different. Some send it out right when you order, some wait. Your retailer is in the latter category.

At some point, bungie.net will be updated with UI to select your desired platform and give you an appropriate platform-specific marketplace download code to get the beta client. You'll likely get an email about it, and see it plastered all over bnet and social media that it is time to go redeem your beta code on bnet.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

desertdroog

I'm hoping to find out more on Bungie's Destiny director integration with mobile devices.

AND....

If there will be any more trading cards handed out for redeemable codes.

I am glad Luke took the time to post that info. I have not kept in the loop for this game but from what I have seen I like it. I cannot wait to play it and I hope to god it does well as Bungie deserves all the success in the world.

Shadders

Ok. So from Luke's post, I and two friends can be doing a story mission and intersect with some guys doing some loot quest. We can help them with that loot quest and then... ??

We go back on our story mission? Can our new friends come with us? It was previously a three player thing, but you've introduced us to new people, do we just leave them behind or are we now one big party?

I'm not saying I necessarily want them to join, I'm just curious how it handles bringing us together and then forcing us to split up again.

Why would you make or want an adult Borderlands? Especially one that still has just a hint of that stupid cell shading in it if this gameplay is to be believed.

Why is one of the greatest games of the generation bashed so hard on here? This is a really silly place to discuss videogames sometimes. I understand you guys are so worked but Jesus. It's like walking past a playground and hearing kids talk shit about great things because THEY ARENT MY FAVORITE

Without a dev post this would have been a questionable thread for GAF IMO. If we don't know if a game is good or bad yet lets keep an open mind, eh? I for one am happy that these genres are clashing together further. Something Borderlands started and pulled off well.

Top Bottom