• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny and Microsoft = Destinyfragrance .. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

I have no idea if this is an offiial site (it has the logo´s)...

http://www.destinyfragrance.com/

454aaQL.jpg

and if you click discover more..

lol... this is brilliant..

spray me if old..

Destiny is actually an epic new first-person shooter, available on Xbox. Thing is, we didn’t have permission to run adverts for the game.

So we didn’t.

Thanks for smelling that something was up.

I chuckled.

SgtCobra

Edit: it's really from MS. Wow

I don't know if I should laugh because of the sort of cleverness or because the smell of desperation. It's a new low.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pretty funny, but thats a well polished glasshouse to be throwing such stones in with the Tomb Raider bullshit.

Finaj

Lol.

"OKAY, SO HERE'S THE LOWDOWN

Destiny is actually an epic new first-person shooter, available on Xbox. Thing is, we didn’t have permission to run adverts for the game.

So we didn’t.

Thanks for smelling that something was up.

Now get the game and become a legend."

kadotsu

Banned
I like the metaphor. Fragrances are fleeting, just like Microsoft's relationship with their former top developer.

Quite clever, but representative of Microsofts willingness to play dirty.

That said, as a former Sega baby, I dont mind the low blows from time to time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Funny but also sad. Microsoft already have exclusive advertising rights for madden, call of duty and battlefield I think.

Guerrilla

Great idea, but I also would've thought this would already count as advertising, but nice to see such creativity. MS needs more of this...

and lol @ the people already trying to spin this as a negative...

This is pretty funny.

Also kind of extra funny because MS really pioneered the "exclusive marketing" stuff.

Fun fact. The old COD deal had a part where Activision couldnt sell COD avatars or custom themes on PSN.

Alx

It's funny. Although I would have thought they wouldn't be allowed to mention that Destiny is a game available on Xbox, since that's advertising it. But I'm probably wrong.

def sim

I didn't realize it was this easy to work around co-marketing contracts. It's not even subtle!

edit: then again it's just a website i suppose

the real money is probably in tv or site ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom