• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta for everyone who pre-ordered the game with PlayStation+

I pre-ordered and I'm PS+, so I was a little miffed that I didnt get into the Alpha. Might just cancel the pre-order and check it out via the beta to start with.

I pre-ordered and I'm PS+, so I was a little miffed that I didnt get into the Alpha. Might just cancel the pre-order and check it out via the beta to start with.

You had to sign up to get into the alpha. As far as I'm aware, everyone who signed up got in.

As for the beta, I have no earthly idea why anyone would get upset at everyone getting access.

Nibel

This is great; Alpha changed my opinion of the game completely and right now it's the only announced FPS I look forward to.

kiguel182

This is the best news of the day. I was ready to skip the beta after having really enjoyed the alpha but it seems I'll still be able to play it. Awesome.

I think you need PS+ to play all multiplayer games. Since Destiny can't even be played offline, I'd assume you need PS+.

For the alpha, you could play some zones without PS+, while others were marked as PS+ only.
IIRC, the PvP and the 'raid' mission were PS+ only. There was a single player mission ("That wizard came from the MOON!") that I think anyone could play.
I think the open world part didn't need PS+, but maybe PS+ would be required to play with a group.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to pre-order. I really liked the alpha. This could be a major success, since I think people are getting bored of the modern-military FPS genre and looking for something different.
I'm still not sure how much to play the beta. I don't want to ruin it for release. I'll probably play a class I don't like the look of to avoid having to re-do the exact same things on release.

majik13

hmmm, after rereading it Im still not completelyconviniced. Why does the blog say to "sign up today" for the beta? if it is automatically avaliable to every PS+ owner? Or does he mean sign up for PS+?

Still I am asuming that it is indeed avaliable to all PS+ subcribers.

edit: nevermind, missed the line, where it says "and if you are not?" in regards to being a memeber.

Haha, that's fantastic. Glad I didn't preorder to get beta access. Can't imagine people who did are happy about this.

why. Is not like they got screwed or anything. Pre ordering is ussually free(online), and can be canceled at no cost regardless.

hmmm, after rereading it Im still not completelyconviniced. Why does the blog say to "sign up today" for the beta? if it is automatically avaliable to every PS+ owner? Or does he mean sign up for PS+?

It says "sign up now" for PS+ if you're not already a subscriber.

Castcoder

Banned

Personaly I pre ordered beacuse I want the game. Which by amazing chance will have more content then the beta.

Beta will be fun though, sweet that more people will get to try it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Lol at people saying they are going to cancel their pre-order because of this.

If you really pre-ordered just for the Beta you could have canceled right after you received your beta code (like many have done with their Amazon pre-orders).

So Yeah, you make no sense at all.

That way of thinking baffles me. They are pissed because more people will be playing the game and most likely enjoying it?? These same people know that if the beta players like what they experience, they'll most likely buy it and in turn, give Bungie more money for more Destiny stuff, right?

I get that you feel you deserve something for pre-ordering the game, but being pissed that people will be able to experience it WITH you? Nah...I'm fine with this. The more the better.

fedexpeon

Banned
Smart move for Destiny/PS to influence potential PS+ owners to buy the game afterward.
People who didn't preorder can experience the hype by just logging on.

bebop242

You had to sign up to get into the alpha. As far as I'm aware, everyone who signed up got in.

As for the beta, I have no earthly idea why anyone would get upset at everyone getting access.

Nope not everyone, me and a friend of mine both got denied by Bungie. However we still got in (thanks neogaf begging thread!).

majik13

Nope not everyone, me and a friend of mine both got denied by Bungie. However we still got in (thanks neogaf begging thread!).

never heard of this. Pretty sure Bungie said everyone who signed up would get access. Why were you denied?

Or did you just never recieve a code?

Will this be the same content as the alpha?

pretty sure I heard it would be a bigger chunk of the game, Some of it will likely cross over with what was in the alpha though, not sure.

Winter John

Gold Member
That way of thinking baffles me. They are pissed because more people will be playing the game and most likely enjoying it?? These same people know that if the beta players like what they experience, they'll most likely buy it and in turn, give Bungie more money for more Destiny stuff, right?

I get that you feel you deserve something for pre-ordering the game, but being pissed that people will be able to experience it WITH you? Nah...I'm fine with this. The more the better.

I agree. It's a very spoilt, churlish attitude. I haven't pre-ordered because I haven't had the time and was undecided on whether to go digital or physical, so this is good news

Is this confirmed by another source?

Confirmed on the Sony blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...uly-strider-dead-space-3-towerfall-ascension/

Not only are we bringing you a great mix of games but there’s also the Destiny beta, which kicks off on 17th July exclusively on PlayStation. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member you will be able to fully experience Destiny and its incredible multiplayer. And if you’re not? Well, what are you waiting for, sign up now!

Confirmed on the Sony blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...uly-strider-dead-space-3-towerfall-ascension/

Not only are we bringing you a great mix of games but there’s also the Destiny beta, which kicks off on 17th July exclusively on PlayStation. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member you will be able to fully experience Destiny and its incredible multiplayer. And if you’re not? Well, what are you waiting for, sign up now!

to me that reads as PS+ required for full access to all game modes but if it isn't that then awesome more people get to play

to me that reads as PS+ required for full access to all game modes but if it isn't that then awesome more people get to play
Exactly what I'm reading. I think we need to step back and get this really clarified because I really don't see how that could possibly mean "all people with PS+ are in the beta."

Already had a code from somewhere, but this is nice.
The alpha didn't convince me at all, especially the MP shooter part.
I don't like MMO's and co-op games like borderlands, so I guess the "SP" (with very small teams online from what I've seen) probably isn't for me anyway.
Horrible spawning, generic setting etc.
Nice panorama's and skybox though!
Shooting feels good too.

The beta might convince me to jump in, but I doubt it will happen.

edit: beta is PS4 exclusive or what? that would suck for other platforms

Laconic

Banned
I cannot even begin to imagine the sheer clusterfuck that Day One of the beta shall be. It will make Diablo 3's look like a baby's bottom gliding down a greased sheet of gorilla glass.

majik13

Already had a code from somewhere, but this is nice.
The alpha didn't convince me at all, especially the MP shooter part.
I don't like MMO's and co-op games like borderlands, so I guess the "SP" (with very small teams online from what I've seen) probably isn't for me anyway.
Horrible spawning, generic setting etc.
Nice panorama's and skybox though!
Shooting feels good too.

The beta might convince me to jump in, but I doubt it will happen.

edit: beta is PS4 exclusive or what? that would suck for other platforms

beta is something like 4 days early on PS. after that all platforms

Only PS4 or is it also on PS3?

I'd like to know this as well.

Do you mean the beta in general? early access? or PS+ access? I was under the impression it was for both. They only say "on Playstation." So we can assume it is so. But regardless the beta is coming to every platform.

ColEx

I think this could be misleading, as there was a mission in the Alpha which was the dungeon type thing, and it required PS+ to play it.

From what I have understood, the Beta will be available for all platforms, correct? It's just that it will be exclusive on PS on July 17th, and then start at a later date for all other platforms?

EDIT: Answered above lol. Good to know.

bebop242

never heard of this. Pretty sure Bungie said everyone who signed up would get access. Why were you denied?

Or did you just never recieve a code?

pretty sure I heard it would be a bigger chunk of the game, Some of it will likely cross over with what was in the alpha though, not sure.

Signed up for code, got this email a few days later:

Hi Bebop242,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately you did not meet the requirements to participate in the Destiny™ First Look Alpha.

But, don't worry! The Beta begins on July 17th, 2014, and you can reserve a spot by pre-ordering a copy of Destiny from PlayStation®Store and participating retailers.

We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Bungie, PlayStation and Activision

Top Bottom