• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta for everyone who pre-ordered the game with PlayStation+

Matush

Update:

BoAUivz.png

https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/481858839722336256

Original post:

So a lot of people missed this info in today's PS+ update, so I made thread just so you guys know. Also I asked community manager about it, he confirmed, that Beta is for everyone with PS+

destinyxmkic.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...on/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Official PS Blog update:
Hi everyone. I hope you’ve recovered from the excitement of E3 and are ready for an epic July. Not only are we bringing you a great mix of games but there’s also the Destiny beta, which kicks off on 17th July exclusively on PlayStation. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member you will be able to fully experience Destiny and its incredible multiplayer. And if you’re not? Well, what are you waiting for, sign up now!

Those pre order numbers gonna go down, I pre ordered only for the beta since I'll just buy it at best buy and they will have infinite copies

Spineker

Banned
I think this is being misconstrued. Maybe he just means you need PS Plus to play it because it's multiplayer.

So for example if you got a Beta code but you don't have PS Plus, you can't play it.

-Digits-

Haha, that's fantastic. Glad I didn't preorder to get beta access. Can't imagine people who did are happy about this.

Matush

I think this is being misconstrued. Maybe he just means you need PS Plus to play it because it's multiplayer.

So for example if you got a Beta code but you don't have PS Plus, you can't play it.
No, I specificly asked Sony's community manager about it, he confirmed that Destiny is part of July's PS+ update. See OP.

Dynedom

That second part of the OP seems to disagree with you.

Mikey Jr.

Ohh shit, nice!

Preordering was easy enough, not a huge deal. But this will let the casuals a chance to jump in as well.

hawk2025

I imagine they noticed how overwhelmingly positive the response to the Alpha was, and felt it was a good idea to get as many people as possible to try the Beta.

Excellent!

has it been confirmed you have to have PS+ to even play the game, even on release? if I pre order and get a beta code do I have to have PS+ to even play it that way? Destiny is going to kill me and i havnt even played it yet.

I pre-ordered on Amazon and got the code, I didn't have to pay anything and I can still cancel the pre-order.

I am trying to work out how more people getting into the beta for stress testing is a bad thing. Don't pre-orders all work that way or, at least, the money can be transferred to something else?

Cool. This saves me from having to get it at not Target. I still have money from that target trade in deal that I haven't used.

Off topic rant: I have the worst luck with betas and alphas. For Destiny Alpha I was out of town and now for Destiny Beta, I'll be out of town too. Also Titanfall Beta I was out of town and yeah. I should stop going places.

Top Bottom