• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbox

Banned
Yep staying well, well away from that mess. However i still find it hilarious that bungie would have even had the X1 servers up already because i thought that was what the two day maintenance was for in the middle of the beta...

Well, in their defense the gameclips were upped on the 10th. Technically the servers could be down right now. Maybe they were testing shit. All the 'players' have 'Destiny Tiger[number]' names. Bungie employees/testers, no doubt.

gameclip_by_gavinuk86-d7q9zgp.gif

Indeed.

I'll wait for the DF analysis or until I can see it for myself.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to judge based off of Xbox DVR.

Karl Hawk

Banned
The second clip looks kinda interesting considering that the player is fighting Fallen with a modern rifle (An M4 rifle, I guess?) and being at level 1.

If I have to guess, I'm gonna say it's where the game begins in storyline mode.

Okay something else I'm a bit confused about...

If (when) I select my code (ps4 Europe) and I get three other codes, can I use one of them on my ps3?

Okay something else I'm a bit confused about...

If (when) I select my code (ps4 Europe) and I get three other codes, can I use one of them on my ps3?

I'm pretty sure it's tied to platform, because you had to choose both platform and region. You can try next week and find out. And you get a total of 3 codes. One you would use for yourself, 2 to give away.

Framerate is framerate DVR won't effect that.
Either way I think X1ers have nothing to worry about.

Exactly. I doubt that Destiny will be anything less than 1080p/30FPS locked. This is probably just a bug or something similar.

The Xbox One is for all intents and purposes worse than the PS4, but Destiny isn't the most graphically intensive game ever made. Bungie seems to have lived by the "do more with less" mantra in that the game looks amazing, but without being overtly flashy.

Feel like there is no Weekly Update this week. Either way, I'm going to sleep. Work in 6 hours. :c

I hope the Beta isnt just the Alpha again.

Have they confirmed its more wide ranging?

Yes, in that we know we have the first bit of story going in the Beta and the PvP has 4(?) maps instead of 2. Not sure if there will be more to explore mode or not.

Personally, I don't want to go anywhere but Old Russia. Save the other planets for release.

I hope the Beta isnt just the Alpha again.

Have they confirmed its more wide ranging?

Well we know that there are two new Crucible maps in addition to the two we had in the Alpha. Control is the only gametype that will appear though. They mentioned that we'd be visiting "new locations" and I remember reading somewhere that we wouldn't be going back to Old Russia; however, those Xbox One clips clearly show that Old Russia is in the Beta. Maybe they'll open up King's Watch or something.

Hoping we'll visit one other location at least. Maybe the Overwatch district or the Hellmouth on the Moon.

Well we know that there are two new Crucible maps in addition to the two we had in the Alpha. Control is the only gametype that will appear though. They mentioned that we'd be visiting "new locations" and I remember reading somewhere that we wouldn't be going back to Old Russia; however, those Xbox One clips clearly show that Old Russia is in the Beta. Maybe they'll open up King's Watch or something.

Hoping we'll visit one other location at least. Maybe the Overwatch district or the Hellmouth on the Moon.

Overwatch is the area of the Tower where we load in that looks out towards The Traveler.

Hellmouth looks to be in the first expansion and it's on the moon.

As far as the Moon in explore.. maybe? It's hard to say. But the size that was shown on the Xbox Live Marketplace is decently large. I don't know if the two extra Crucible maps would be enough to account for that.

The part in the very back, behind the bounty vendor? If there is anything back there, I'm betting the Osiris and Seven Seraphs reps are among them.

Not sure if this is from that blocked-off area of if it's in font of the cryptarch guy.

sit_blog.jpg

nvm I see that goofy droid in the background so it's definitely in front of the cryptarch vendor.

Ah... First thing i am doing at launch if that area is still blocked off is going at launch and checking out what i presume will be end game gear...

Seil

From the map those NPCs can show you in the Tower, there should at least be some "Events" related NPC in the blocked off area, since that was shown as being in the back, but wasn't in the room with the class NPCs.

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition PS4 version from Best Buy just today. On their website it mentioned beta access on the page for the LE so I didn't think anything of it. But using the beta access checker provided by Bungie and linked in the OP, that combination of SKU/retailer/region seems to not be included (though Best Buy is listed if you select just the standard edition). Is this anything worth worrying about or am I likely to still get a code?

ElRenoRaven

Not sure if this is from that blocked-off area of if it's in font of the cryptarch guy.

sit_blog.jpg

nvm I see that goofy droid in the background so it's definitely in front of the cryptarch vendor.

That's from where the ships come in where you spawn into the tower. The area they're talking about I don't see opening up. Not at least until an expansion. The maps from beta really don't make it seem like they are going to.

ekgrey

maxed all three last time. prolly sticking to hunter for the beta. maybe add a warlock if I start to get bored. titan wasn't really for me.

definitely looking forward to hearing changes to Ghost dialogue.

darthbob

I know! I guess they're not release one?

I was really excited for it.

I guess, maybe they thought of Bungie Day as fulfilling that hole.

Oh well, I scanned the last few entries of their recent postings and haven't seen any mention of lack of a 7/11 BWU, but who knows maybe Deej and Urk are out getting free slurpees. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom