• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What thee... where is dis button

Go to the Library menu. You'll find the Destiny Beta. Click on it, then under the Destiny Beta logo (on the left of the screen) you'll find a Download button EDIT: here, in Korben's picture, where the progress bar is:

zmff0Nh.jpg

Vlodril

is this only for the expensive digital edition perhaps? the only option i have where you say its the 58d etc destiny countdown. you can set auto download and thats it.

Hm i see in your picture yours say destiny beta. I have no such icon only the DestinyTM

Hi guys two questions....

Is the Digital Guardian Edition up for pre-order on UK psn store yet?
Whats the cost on PSN for it?

I may go digital for this and TLOU.

Nothing in the French store. It seems Bungie, Activision and Sony don't really care about Europe. The Limited and Ghost Editions aren't even available in French stores (yet?)

bigDave

Soo, here's the thing. Preordering it from PSN, download the Beta and then cancel your preorder sounds great, however this is in the ToS:

So technically they can still make you pay for playing the Beta.

on EU server you will be charged few days before dayone

ScRYeD

i pre ordered and i have nothing on the notification/download section.

As soon as i pre ordered i got the the Beta ready for download in my notifications list, try go into the Store -> Downloads -> Destiny Beta and start the the download from there.

Vlodril

As soon as i pre ordered i got the the Beta ready for download in my notifications list, try go into the Store -> Downloads -> Destiny Beta and start the the download from there.

yea there is no destiny beta for me on the store or in the library. there is the destiny pre-ordered with the 2 month countdown.

Edited to add that i have no code on the bungie site either since i never got a code from psn

Raxious

on EU server you will be charged few days before dayone

Yea, I know that just cancelling it is fine. However it still states that by using the promotional materials you are given. ( In this case the Beta ), you'll still be charged for the game. Also, this is taken from the EU ToS.

i hate your connections... mine is too slow

Don't hate! Here's my connection (I've never even had a better one):

3620169587.png

I can't stream games even if I wanted to.

is this only for the expensive digital edition perhaps? the only option i have where you say its the 58d etc destiny countdown. you can set auto download and thats it.

Hm i see in your picture yours say destiny beta. I have no such icon only the DestinyTM
It's for the Standard edition. The Digital Guardian Edition isn't avaialble in Europe.

Yoday

yea there is no destiny beta for me on the store or in the library. there is the destiny pre-ordered with the 2 month countdown.

Edited to add that i have no code on the bungie site either since i never got a code from psn
Yeah, I don't have the Beta in my library either.

Vlodril

Don't hate! Here's my connection (I've never even had a better one):

3620169587.png

I can't stream games even if I wanted to.

It's for the Standard edition. The Digital Guardian Edition isn't avaialble in Europe.

Ah alright i have the us version. I misunderstood then no worries :)

I really should do this as well. I still don't understand anything about this game but the GAF hype is interesting.

It's an always-online, story-based FPS with loot and MMORPG-levels of customization. You can play it solo or in co-op. Like MMORPGs, it also has raids. If you're into competitive shooters there is a PvP mode called the Crucible (with Team Deathmatch, Domination, etc.)

panda-zebra

Has anyone worked out what day/time of day the beta should be open for Europeans? Does it open at midnight in a certain US time zone or is it later in the day? Trying to work out if I need to be thinking of ways to waste away the final hours.

off topic: has anyone in the UK receive their alpha moon wizard t-shirt yet?

MMaRsu

Banned
Go to the Library menu. You'll find the Destiny Beta. Click on it, then under the Destiny Beta logo (on the left of the screen) you'll find a Download button EDIT: here, in Korben's picture, where the progress bar is:

Ah I found it through the pre-order page awesome :).

OK, I just preordered the EU PSN Digital Version, so that I could get the Beta downloaded but after a minute or two the download changes from 13GB to 175MB. So, it isn't downloading the whole Beta.

Plus, I can't see anywhere to cancel! Looks like I might end up with a digital version AND the Ghost Edition! Woops!

ScRYeD

It has an X on the download button for me...
Delete that and go to the store and re download the beta.

OK, I just preordered the EU PSN Digital Version, so that I could get the Beta downloaded but after a minute or two the download changes from 13GB to 175MB. So, it isn't downloading the whole Beta.

Plus, I can't see anywhere to cancel! Looks like I might end up with a digital version AND the Ghost Edition! Woops!

it still downloads after the 175 is done.

To cancel your pre-order, log in your PSN account from a web browser, then go to your Purchase History menu. You'll find your Destiny pre-order and there will be a Cancel button.

It downloading in the background.

Go to the destiny beta tile, press options, then go to information.

Cancelling a PS4 Preorder, got to settings, then 'PSN', then wallet information, then click on the transaction itself and finally cancel preorder.

Winter John

beaten by helpful gaf

J 0 E

I pre-ordered the game (amazon) > got the code > redeemed it > waiting for the EU download codes

I'll get 3 download codes I can share them with my friends right?

Krayzie

If anyone manages to preload the beta on their US account, I would greatly appreciate a heads up via PM. Thanks.

Oh and is it possible for a non europe resident to add funds to an EU account by purchasing the top up cards through Amazon?

Loomba

Cancelling a PS4 Preorder, got to settings, then 'PSN', then wallet information, then click on the transaction itself and finally cancel preorder.

I don't think this applies to Destiny, I have it preordered too and there is no cancel button for it. I've cancelled preorders before so I know that it should be possible...

I'm just praying that when the digital edition becomes available in the UK we can upgrade like the US...

I don't think this applies to Destiny, I have it preordered too and there is no cancel button for it. I've cancelled preorders before so I know that it should be possible...

I'm just praying that when the digital edition becomes available in the UK we can upgrade like the US...

I have the ability to cancel it (I'm in the UK too).

That's weird.

Nipo

Should I be able to get download codes already? I selected PS4 Americas and it is telling me to come back on the 17ths.

derfybzh

Got a question I'm from Euro but have an US account can I redeem an US code on my US account ? Or is there something like IP lock if you re not from America ?

Thx and sorry if the answer has already been given

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom