• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korben

Banned
I cant see the beta in the library menu. Wtf?

Same. Doesnt appear to be an option on the US store for me.

If you pre-order it (EU account), it should be here:

qACvYAG.jpg

EDIT:

Ah... US account. Sorry dude.

Raxious

I send a tweet to a Community Manager, hopefully he can give some answers as to what happens when you cancel your preorder.

SDCowboy

So does anyone know the reasoning behind giving us the beta codes and having us DL the client on the same day the beta begins? Seems like a horrible idea. Hopefully the Bungie site and PSN can hold. lol

I send a tweet to a Community Manager, hopefully he can give some answers as to what happens when you cancel your preorder.
What happens when you cancel your preorder is...you don't get charged for the game later.

What happens when tweet DeeJ...

And he's on GAF now, you could just PM him.

Download's slowing down now, dammit, it was going like 5-6MB a second earlier.

Korben

Banned

Many GAFers already confirmed that we can cancel it.

Uh, no we haven't...

Yeah, i know, already answered that.

can someone sacrifice their 360 beta key for me .
p.m. me

Or you know, sacrifice 5min of your time and do the "amazon trick" or "EU PS trick".

I did both and i'm not dead. Also beta code begging thread is here.

We're all dead

wait whut?

I'm just curious considering of the stuff that's written in the ToS.

If you considered half the stuff in games ToS, a lot of us would be well and truly done for. The ToS is more of a guideline for what they would prefer you to be doing anyways.

Also, in this case, the only time this could really come into play is if you preordered on the PS4 and then canceled. Amazon sure as hell isn't going to tell Sony/Bungie every person's name who cancels a pre-order. :p

Or you know, sacrifice 5min of your time and do the "amazon trick" or "EU PS trick".

Or you know, since Bungie gave people 3 codes just for this scenario you could not be a jerk? :p
He could also try the Destiny Beta code begging thread, though.

Is there any difference between the European Beta and the NA beta? Mine is downloading now. I'm hoping I can still get the beta rewards transferred over even though I will be playing the NA version of Destiny.

wait whut?

I'm just curious considering of the stuff that's written in the ToS.

If you're that concerned about the ToS ramifications you can wait to download the beta on the 17th like everyone else. There's no reason to tweet or PM urk or Deej simply because you're impatient.

SDCowboy

Is there any difference between the European Beta and the NA beta? Mine is downloading now. I'm hoping I can still get the beta rewards transferred over even though I will be playing the NA version of Destiny.

How are you downloading the beta already?

Korben

Banned
Or you know, since Bungie gave people 3 codes just for this scenario you could not be a jerk? :p
He could also try the Destiny Beta code begging thread, though.

It's more informing people that we're not in the same case than Destiny alpha and they don't need to ask anything since they can have it for free (by themselve) and without any obligations.

There's also the fact that we keep saying this in each page of this thread. Not to mention we're not in the "Destiny Beta Code Giveaway/Begging Thread", which exist for a reason (a very secret reason, i cannot tell you, shhh, don't ask).

Marvel

could never
Over 50 members approved, welcome to DestinyGAF!

(Sorry for not listing the usernames here but I don't have the time lol)

On your PS4, go to Settings -> System Storage Management -> Applications -> Destiny Beta

It will show your download status.

I'm at 5600 MB/12GB and counting

It does not download all the beta at first. Only 173MB (or something). But it seems there is a "quiet download" after that.

I see now. Yea it wasn't updating in my download list but when I went to storage management I can see it downloading. This will be great. Not having to wait for the beta.

Korben

Banned
retrying... maybe bugged. (horray)

For a second, i thought Bungie kicked us from their servers. Don't do this to me again dude.

Destiny beta "pkg file" is on SONY server, right ?

You can also check the dld progress by pressing options under BETA, then select the last option.

Yep, i confirm this.

PS4 still downloads in standby mode right guys?

If you activate this option, yes.

I see now. Yea it wasn't updating in my download list but when I went to storage management I can see it downloading. This will be great. Not having to wait for the beta.
And it will probably be turned on before July 17th...

Beta Tile on dashboard > press options > Information.

Just a faster way of doing it. Unless you meant PS3?
Nope, just the way I personally found it.

Dude, we are slamming these servers, it's slowing to a crawl. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom