• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny (Bungie MMOFPS, 360/PS3) Story Details, Concept Art Leaked [Up2: More Info]

golem

Well then...

I've been digging at the Destiny IP for a couple of years now. That doesn't make a ton of sense, I know.

I've been theorizing on the plot for this IP, and this leak has the general concept, but not what I was waiting for. Oh, well!

Anyways, this is what I've been working on.

The reader's digest version:
Marathon had Durandal, paralleling Count Roland.
Halo had Cortana, paralleling Ogier the Dane.
Destiny will have Joyeuse. It will parallel the story of Charlemagne.

Needless to say, I just about shit myself.

Snap

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Here were their designs for example, when Sega and Platinum were still considering how the character would look:

bayonetta2a-867x700v7kez.jpg

bayonetta1a-900x620dojm5.jpg

The top middle one seems the closest to what they ended up with.

I added it to the OP as well a little while back.

I like a lot of those designs. Man, I kinda want a bayonetta game where you go to alternate universes and play as each of them.

Why would they release a console-only MMO at the end of a console generation?

Yeah, i wish this was on PC. Considering the next game is on PC, it's a little sad. I'll probably get it on 360, and then constantly shake my fist that I can't experience the amazing art on my rig.

ElRenoRaven

It's hard to imagine someone raiding heroics in WoW, working a full time job, and being a good parent at the same time.

I actually knew people that were. They'd raid 3 nights a week but they'd raid only for 3 hours a time. That was it. The rest of the week they'd just casually play. It's not that uncommon. More so when your kids are young and go to bed by 8 or 9 at night.

golem

Sounds kind of like what Mass Effect 4 should ideally be like.. collapsed human space empire, rediscovering/reclaiming lost colonies and worlds?

Hope this releases day and date on both PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as next-gen systems.

Didn't the rumor suggest that the game could be a timed exclusive? Doesn't make much sense since they're with Activision now.

Anyway, fantastic art. Really excited about this. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the next big thing to take over CoD (which I'm sure is what Activision is banking on)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hope this releases day and date on both PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as next-gen systems.

Didn't the rumor suggest that the game could be a timed exclusive? Doesn't make much sense since they're with Activision now.

Anyway, fantastic art. Really excited about this. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the next big thing to take over CoD (which I'm sure is what Activision is banking on)

It would be really awesome if it launched on all platforms simultaneously and had cross gen play between Xbox 360 and its successor and PS3 and 4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If people theorizing that this will be somewhat like Borderlands are right, I will so so so so so fucking happy. But what would PvP look like (assuming that's included)?

Karl2177

If people theorizing that this will be somewhat like Borderlands are right, I will so so so so so fucking happy. But what would PvP look like (assuming that's included)?

I dunno how it would be like Borderlands, yet remain MMO in style. I've yet to check out Planetside 2(I'm waiting until Christmas break), but that should be what the main competition is.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno how it would be like Borderlands, yet remain MMO in style. I've yet to check out Planetside 2(I'm waiting until Christmas break), but that should be what the main competition is.
I dunno either. I imagine roaming around an open world (or worlds!), killing AI baddies, looting shit, and sometimes coming across other bands of adventurers, who you can either fight or team up with. I have no idea how that would work, but I want it to work (I think).

-PXG-

Some great designs and some just awful 80's/90's nerd mashup nonsense. Yuck.

The description sounds awesome. An intergalactic, giant-ass Borderlands with an epic story. That is something I could be behind. But will Bungie throw in the kitchen sink? Will Activision butt fuck me?

I'm 99% sure Massive Black didn't work on this. But as has been posted above, I'm also 99% sure some of these pieces were by Jaime Jones, who has done awesome work for Bungie before.

volturnus

Banned
Did they really elevate themselves to Star Wars level?

Sure, maybe they could have come up with the prequel trilogy. But please.
They didn't exactly elevate themselves to that point, but it sure was a strange choice of words(and goal).
A universe as deep, tangible and relatable as Star Wars' is quite some ambition; no game has ever come close to that.
Similarities anyone?
Wow, nice find there.

hwalker84

Bungie showing some fantastic artwork. Stepping up their game. Still if this turns out to be a MMO I have absolutely no interest in it.

abadguy

Banned
But...H4 is the best Halo since H2...

Concept art looks great, color me interested.

Agreed. It's funny watching people shit on Bungie when H4 first came out to jump on 343's Jock, to now watch them shit on 343 in favor of Bungie because h4 didn't turn out as they wanted. Halo 4 is a great game. The concept art for this looks amazing, and anything Bungie does will have my interest. The MMO talk kinda worries me but like i said, it's Bungie so i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

DocSeuss

I have been saying that about Joyeuse ever since I knew Bungie was done with Halo. Roland, Cortana, Joyeuse. Always.

The circle will be complete.

Personally, though, I'd like to see a return to Marathon. Infinity is one of the most perfect games ever made.

Top Bottom