• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny (Bungie MMOFPS, 360/PS3) Story Details, Concept Art Leaked [Up2: More Info]

xbhaskarx

thirdtimesthecharm.jpg
Yes... YES

Boss Man

The art looks really interesting. If anyone is going to strike oil with the MMO + FPS combo, then Bungie might as well be the ones to do it. Could end up being huge.

Akai__

"I've long awaited this day, Reclaimer Bungie"!

Seriously, that looks awesome!!!

Let's see, if Bungie can bring my hope back, after Halo Reach, which was a completely mess.

Darkkn

Interested what they are going to bring to the table with this. Planetside 2 is already kind of like what i imagined Destiny being like. I hope Destiny is even crazier in scale and persistence since PS2 did the MMO large scale shooter very well, before this game came out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To be clear, this isn't a traditional MMOFPS, but rather one where you're going around doing your missions and can end up in instances with other people already there and stuff like that.

There's also some kind of economy.

2San

To be clear, this isn't a traditional MMOFPS, but rather one where you're going around doing your missions and can end up in instances with other people already there and stuff like that.

No large scale pvp?

Please god let this be a box release with no monthly fee. The art is amazing!

Kinda reminds me of Killzone except it will probably play well and have a decent story.

Karl2177

Every year I say to myself, "I'm not going to watch the VGAs because it's gonna be a sack of crap like it always is." Then every year(well, not last year), there is one trailer that is awesome and this year I have a feeling it will be Destiny.

crazybydefault

Neo Member
I am such a sucker for concept art. I could stare at it for hours on end.

Looks incredible! I'm very curious to see where Bungie goes with this!

Based on the leaked info image/blog from that old thread http://www.abload.de/img/originalejud8.png this sounds like a pseudo-MMO. It says there's no dedicated servers so I'm wondering how this all comes together... how the connections work when encountering a group of other players. He says "we did enter a zone where other players were taking on bad guys"... who becomes the host there? Interesting concept.

DocSeuss

Based on the leaked info image/blog from that old thread http://www.abload.de/img/originalejud8.png this sounds like a pseudo-MMO. It says there's no dedicated servers so I'm wondering how this all comes together... how the connections work when encountering a group of other players. He says "we did enter a zone where other players were taking on bad guys"... who becomes the host there? Interesting concept.

What if it's Dark Souls?

Apparently, the PC will not get the first game in 2013 (when it hits on 720), or 2014 (when it hits on the PS3), but it will get the SECOND game in 2015.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fuck that art's amazing. This is going to be multiplatform, right?

EDIT: Just saw the contract info above. PS3 version only if it can be on par with the 360? Am I reading that right?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
holy shit,looks ambitious. how is this an mmo and its not on PC?

Well, the next three are at least.

It's not entirely impossible this one is coming as well given leaving a PC logo off a trailer isn't nonstandard practice since there's no vendor requiring you to have it.

That said the original contract implied it wasn't.

Fuck that art's amazing. This is going to be multiplatform, right?

Well that screen at the top has a PlayStation 3 logo on it, so I'd say yes.

Top Bottom