• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Ghost Editions coming In damaged from Amazon (Ask for a refund)

FYI, it looks like a lot of the Amazon copies of the Ghost Edition are coming in damaged on the lid portion because the box is made of heavy cardstock which is probably breaking during transit.

I just spoke to Amazon and received a significant refund (in my eyes) due to the damage. Here are some examples:

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars September 10, 2014
By Daniel Lundgren
Platform for Display:Xbox One|Edition:Ghost|Verified Purchase
While everything inside was ok, the outside of my package and the case everything came in was torn apart.

1.0 out of 5 stars The game is good, but the product itself, September 10, 2014
By NGde72 - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Destiny Ghost Edition - PlayStation 4 (Video Game)
The game is good, but the product itself, the Ghost Edition is a complete failure.

The packaging was smashed and so the box is garbage and my GHOST REPLICA has dust under the lens (eye) so it's not looking how it should.

Awesome "collector's edition"
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor packing job on whoever's part, but a great game none the less., September 10, 2014
By Xero - See all my reviews
I also received my copy damaged. It was stuffed in a box that was too small no matter how you put it in, and the top and bottom flaps had about a 4 inch gap between them, covered in clear plastic tape. The box had no Amazon labels on it nor did it use the Amazon Prime tape I'm so use to seeing, but it did have the amazon box code of B0. I get the feeling Amazon had someone else pack these for them, and whoever that was did a very poor job of it The one side of my case was cracked and the entire lid smashed down on top. I'm unsure of what I'm going to do with it, as when I reported it yesterday the rep told me it was out of stock, but here earlier today I could of gotten an exchange because more appeared in stock magically... very disappointed.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

1 of 3 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor packaging, September 10, 2014
By Amazon Customer "Cloud" - See all my reviews
Box came damaged. One side had a huge tear. Very poor packaging job. The stuff inside was probably fine, but I had to return it because I don't feel that I should've paid full-price for an item that came in that condition.
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

I would strongly suggest speaking to Amazon for a partial refund if you're interested.

Omega

Banned
A lot of Ghosts editions are fucked up. Discs are lose inside standard edition cases..

I don't know who is in charge of sending this stuff out to stores, but they should never be allowed to touch anything ever again.

Saw a Ghost Edition that looked like someone paid Hulk to throw one across the country that's how beat up it was

Persona7

Banned
That sucks. When I got the Tales Of Symphonia HD Collectors edition it was damaged and they allowed me to keep it and gave me a complete refund. Luckily my Xillia 2 CE arrived without a scratch.

A lot of Ghosts editions are fucked up. Discs are lose inside standard edition cases..

I don't know who is in charge of sending this stuff out to stores, but they should never be allowed to touch anything ever again.

Saw a Ghost Edition that looked like someone paid Hulk to throw one across the country that's how beat up it was

hulk_color_header__index.jpg

Giolon

Amazon has been doing really shitty jobs packaging LE/CE's of games for well over a year now. They don't package them properly to prevent them from getting damage. I've had LE's show up in a padded envelope, only to open them and find that the contents are just smashed flat.

Persona7

Banned
Amazon has been doing really shitty jobs packaging LE/CE's of games for well over a year now. They don't package them properly to prevent them from getting damage. I've had LE's show up in a padded envelope, only to open them and find that the contents are just smashed flat.

I can't imagine the costs they have to eat due to poor packaging. One year I had more than a dozen broken games in those shitty bubble mailers from UPS.

FoxDie

I got mine from Gamestop, i didn't check the box when i got it , when i finally took it out from the bubble wrapper i noticed that the box is torn from sides ,when I took it back and they offered 10% refund ! WTF its called "COLLECTORS" edition .
I refused and asked for another one . will be getting a new one on Friday , if its damaged i am asking for a full refund .

Zero315

Banned

It's not just Amazon though. I've seen people getting them from Gamstop and Best Buy saying they were damaged. People who picked them up in store. Seems like the Ghost Edition packaging was just poorly made.

mcmudman

Neo Member
Well Amazon just straight up lost my ghost edition during the shipping process. Ups doesn't have it and neither does amazon. They told me to wait a few more days and if it doesn't turn up they'll offer me a refund. I wonder if they'd give me a discount on the digital guardian edition because of the inconvenience.

tensuke

Damn, that really sucks for everyone affected. I hope they can get replacement boxes or at least the items inside are ok. My brother's launch PS4 shipping box had a large hole in it when it arrived, but the PS4 box itself and the contents were luckily fine. I've never had any bad packaging issues from Amazon personally, but I feel for those who had this happen.

fake ninja edit: though, it's possible since it's the items themselves and not the shipping packaging the problems lie with whoever was involved with packaging the Ghost editions and not a specific retailer.

They gave me $25 for the tiniest dent, I was expecting maybe $5. If your shit is super fucked up, I imagine they'll reward you handsomely.

Has there been any word from Bungie on the defects? Not about the ghost packaging, but stuff like the Ghost replica having flaws - dust under the plastic, poor paint job, etc.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I can't imagine the costs they have to eat due to poor packaging. One year I had more than a dozen broken games in those shitty bubble mailers from UPS.

I get to go cheap, but a box wouldn't kill them.
proper packaging > a bajillion returns.

I stopped preordering LEs from Amazon since my SMTIV was squished. Gamestop's warehouses does a competent job of packing stuff to stores, so I go there.

GavinUK86

I got mine from GAME in the UK and my box was fucked and they only refunded me £15 after over an hour of arguing with them.

They gave me $25 for the tiniest dent, I was expecting maybe $5. If your shit is super fucked up, I imagine they'll reward you handsomely.
No, they won't. I had a very forthcoming Amazon rep last night who told me the system will only let him refund a max of 20%. The only other option was to do an exchange for another Ghost Edition, which could take "1 to 3 weeks." I wasn't about to send in my game and wait that amount of time without playing, so I took the partial refund. I'm not happy, as my box is damaged, but there is literally nothing I can do about it.

The box is shit.
I guess you could take that stance. I buy a lot of polystone statues, which are fragile, and they are packaged extremely well. So, you do have a point.

my ghosts both came like this PS4 and XB1- where/how do I file a complaint- why am I blind on the amazon website... :/

edit nvm:lets see about that refund...

Marven

I got mine from Amazon and it came in perfect condition. Weird. Well I'm glad folks that weren't as lucky as me are getting a refund.

Mine came damaged as well from Amazon...got a $30 refund and also got the shipping refunded so about $38 total

My bigger issue is that my Ghost Edition for PS4 came without the Expansion Pass code. I'm waiting to see if I get a response from Activision or else I'm just going to return it for the rest of the refund.

Cormano

Mine came damaged as well from Amazon...got a $30 refund and also got the shipping refunded so about $38 total

My bigger issue is that my Ghost Edition for PS4 came without the Expansion Pass code. I'm waiting to see if I get a response from Activision
or else I'm just going to return it for the rest of the refund.

That sucks, good luck bud.

Reminds me a little bit of the Halo 3 CE tin, those were made so thin they were coming in damaged and bent with loose discs inside.

I think it's BS that people rate a product based on shipping mishandlings.

"Product came smashed to pieces, 1/5."
It always happens, a few people use product reviews to review retailer they bought it from and use marketplace feedbackt to review products they bought from sellers.

At the same time maybe if Amazon packaged these better...

SerTapTap

Mine shipped "naked", I guess this was pretty standard? The PS4 logo cartboard thing was a bit beat up and the grey box thing seems discolored (or it just has weird coloring patterns due to the type of plastic?) but the internals are fine.

glad i did my business at gamestop then.

Plenty of people's GameStop orders are fucked up too. Just be glad yours wasn't.

Mine shipped "naked", I guess this was pretty standard? The PS4 logo cartboard thing was a bit beat up and the grey box thing seems discolored (or it just has weird coloring patterns due to the type of plastic?) but the internals are fine.

So they were shipping the Ghost Editions without any additional packaging? Someone had mentioned they were going to be doing this from their fulfillment center, but I thought they were joking.

Wow, mine came packed really well but a bummer for everyone who didn't. It's actually a pretty nice CE, all considering. Hope you all can get refunds and/or replacements appropriately.

I remember that time when the Halo 3 CE had damaged discs because they did not click in the box, so eventually they just shoveled across the entire box with transport.

Thousands of destroyed DVD's. Looks like they did not learn from that.

LowSignal

I reserved instore @ Bestbuy but they "lost" my PS4 copy of Destiny Ghost. They had a perfect XB1 Ghost for me. But almost all of the ghost editions for everyone at the Bestbuy I went to were in bad shape. They called me the next day when a drop came with a PS4 ghost but it was still banged up bad.

BlindRage

I reserved instore @ Bestbuy but they "lost" my PS4 copy of Destiny Ghost. They had a perfect XB1 Ghost for me. But almost all of the ghost editions for everyone at the Bestbuy I went to were in bad shape. They called me the next day when a drop came with a PS4 ghost but it was still banged up bad.
I reserved there too but they told me they haven't even recieved any ghost edition. Then it was that I'm the only person in the area to pre order it and they don't know when they will get the shipment. But I'm "guaranteed" mine, just no where in the area recieved any.

Baliis

Geez, the one I picked up at gamestop was wrapped in a shit ton of bubble wrap still so I could take it home like that if I'd wanted to keep it protected.

Top Bottom