• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Ghost Editions selling for crazy amounts on eBay

Mentok

Banned
Honestly, I don't see the person paying but I hope I'm wrong for your friend's sake. Either way, even if you can flip it for $400-$500, that's a damn good profit! Makes me wish I pre-ordered for it when I had the chance.

Well damn. I sold my extra Ghost Edition for $290 about a week after they went on sale. I still have another Ghost Edition and a Limited Edition pre-ordered from Amazon so I might just sell my second Ghost Edition as well if prices are getting this ridiculous.

LAA

They were selling the Ghost edition in the UK for an insane price before, would have liked it, but I just feel insulted at that price.

Not so surprised about how much they're selling on ebay, seems they're OOS now, people who really wanted one will be desperate.

As a fairly big fan of Destiny, I wanted a Ghost edition but missed out both times. I'm satisfied with settling for CE but I'm still hoping a 3rd chance will happen.

XAL

So what is the difference between the Digital Guardians Edition and the Ghost Edition?

Ghost toy, folio, weapon booklet, pictures, stickers, patch?

All digital/game content same, right?

doomquake

images

They are marketing the fuck outta this game and it shows. I don't think the reviews even matter between this and COD Activision is going to swim in cash this fall.

Reallink

Just look at the DK2 for Oculus Rift. People are buying that for $1000+ from people that bought theirs. Insanity.

DK2's were $375 USD shipped and are limited to like 5k - 10k units total in the wild atm.

Ghost Edition was $150 and there were probably 50k - 100k+ units per console. The Ghost prices are much crazier.

SerTapTap

Bungie really does a great job with their special editions.

I'm a big fan of my Halo Reach Limited Edition, that book is amazingly detailed.

I got the reach limited edition 360 console, (from japan oddly enough), looks great, controllers too. If only they were the transforming d pad version of the controller though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The buzz on the price being high will just add to the hype of it being a "must have" game. Madness!

Sirim

One, what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Two, do some people misspell Destiny or ''Density'' is some kind of insult against the game?
Density is Bungienet's derogatory term for the Destiny community and game apparently. Guy is a troll. Not sure how he's gotten this far...

ElRenoRaven

Bungie really does a great job with their special editions.

I'm a big fan of my Halo Reach Limited Edition, that book is amazingly detailed.

They really do. Even though MS was awful at doing additional batches hence ruining the value of them, they were awesome. I don't regret any of the one's I've bought through the years for Bungie's games. This won't be any difference.

zychi

Banned
Sold my Ps4 version for $500 the day it "sold out". Paid for my Xbone version and a few other games I'll be buying later this year.

Supply and Demand.

zychi

Banned
DK2's were $375 USD shipped and are limited to like 5k - 10k units total in the wild atm.

Ghost Edition was $150 and there were probably 50k - 100k+ units per console. The Ghost prices are much crazier.

Ghost is $250, not $150.

shows sold out for both when I click it.

Prologue

Strange that ACT/Bungie didn't allow pre orders again once the beta ended.

Plus the ghost edition is going for a little over 300. I guess that $1000 auction was a gem.

This is going to be like TLoU Post Pandemic Edition if they don't make any more. Ebay prices for that one are similar. Even just the Ellie/Joel statue goes for about as much.

Strider

Someone paid over $1000 for someone else's preorder...

ok then.

Dat feel when they announce more are available from retailers.

Yeesh.. I'm kinda glad I had to haggle for half an hour over the phone with my EBGames rep to get mine on lock. (Not to mention I had to plonk down the TWO HUNDRED BUCKS right then and there.)

ESPECIALLY considering that the Australian version is even MORE limited.

I heard from the rep they were getting only 300 per platform in Oz.. he could have been talking out his butt as some Game store employees do, but I'm tending to believe it in this case.

Oh man, there is no force on earth that could keep me from selling that for $1000 if I had a preorder locked in. Enjoy your plastic cube while I bathe in piles and piles of money.

baphomet

That's a stupid amount of money for some useless junk and a game.

It will never be rare or valuable so I guess I don't get it.

Top Bottom