• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny : New info on game modes, abilities, player count, and more

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Player count is 6? I assume that's outside of the PvP arena?
We have no clue what the player count will be like in PvP, but we do know a bit about PvE. Strikes are for three players (I'm not sure if less are allowed) and Raids are for six players, though I seem to recall Raids might end up supporting more players. Public Events temporarily combine a few fire teams for a total of nine players, I think. That number, too, seemed like it wasn't final yet. And then most of the game can be played solo (with the exception of some co-op exclusive activities).

My memory is fuzzy, but I think that's close to accurate.

Bungie, all that's left is to show off the PS4 Collector's Edition, and then take my monies.

I'm already preordered, but for this bad boy, I want the works!

So by "being online", I'm guessing it'll require an XBL Gold subscription on the Bone and the 360? I might be interested to pick it up on the 360, but don't really feel like shelling out for Gold.

Trouble

Banned
Bungie, all that's left is to show off the PS4 Collector's Edition, and then take my monies.

I'm patiently waiting for the PS4 digital pre-order. I'm anticipating playing this game frequently enough and for a long enough time period to not want to need to swap discs.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So by "being online", I'm guessing it'll require an XBL Gold subscription on the Bone and the 360? I might be interested to pick it up on the 360, but don't really feel like shelling out for Gold.
It's almost guaranteed to require Gold. I think there's a slim chance it won't require PS+ on PS4, but only very slim.

Edit : Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever considered getting digitally. I know I'll want to keep it, so I don't need to worry about having a disc to resell.

Trouble

Banned
It's almost guaranteed to require Gold. I think there's a slim chance it won't require PS+ on PS4, but only very slim.

Edit : Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever considered getting digitally. I know I'll want to keep it, so I don't need to worry about having a disc to resell.

And here comes the flood of 'y u no PS+' for PS4.

Get PS+

Flipyap

I hope the collector's edition is going to include something stupid like a plastic rock, so I won't be tempted to get it. I already have enough Bungie-branded plastic rocks.
But mostly I just don't want a physical edition of a game that's meant to be played every single day till the end of time or the console's online support (or just until the sequel).

Wizman23

Banned

I hope they have a collectors edition with a download code since my days of buying disk based games are over. I have a feeling I'm going to be out of luck come September 9th.

I'm patiently waiting for the PS4 digital pre-order. I'm anticipating playing this game frequently enough and for a long enough time period to not want to need to swap discs.

I hope the collector's edition is going to include something stupid like a plastic rock, so I won't be tempted to get it. I already have enough Bungie-branded plastic rocks.
But mostly I just don't want a physical edition of a game that's meant to be played every single day till the end of time or the console's online support (or just until the sequel).

I hope they have a collectors edition with a download code since my days of buying disk based games are over. I have a feeling I'm going to be out of luck come September 9th.

Yeah it's a long shot but I really agree and hope that they offer a CE with a Digital Day 1 code instead of a disc.

Hear us, Bungie! :)

todd360

I'm still pissed off about them telling us they would reveal it in a week. Then it ended up being an april fools joke. Not cool. Thats not even funny its just a haha our fans thought we would actually show them things.

Having to play a few hours of single player to open up multiplayer is ridiculous. Let me jump straight into the bungie multiplayer that I have been waiting for.

I hope the fact that this game is focused on mutliplayer gameplay doesn't take away from a strong effort on narrative and story. I want a meaty, meaningful campaign. I want to feel like things are changing, and the world is progressing. I want to find out about mysteries, secret plots, and I want to talk/communicate with the Traveler by the end of the game.

I hope the fact that this game is focused on mutliplayer gameplay doesn't take away from a strong effort on narrative and story. I want a meaty, meaningful campaign. I want to feel like things are changing, and the world is progressing. I want to find out about mysteries, secret plots, and I want to talk/communicate with the Traveler by the end of the game.

Bungie has said that they've stuck with their strong narrative and stories in this game. I haven't played a ton of their previous games Campaigns, but most people who I've talked to have said that Bungie delivers on story and lore, so it shouldn't disappoint in that regard.

Pop

Having to play a few hours of single player to open up multiplayer is ridiculous. Let me jump straight into the bungie multiplayer that I have been waiting for.

I see no harm in it. Didn't Bungie say, the mp would be a physical place you would need to travel to? If that's the case then sounds like you will have to play the game to a certain point.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

But it makes sense: imagine how many people will buy the game, jump in MP, get slaughtered, and then think "this game sucks everyone else has better stuff than me, no-life losers this isn't fun or fair at all" e.t.c. Then that person is going to throw the game aside, never to play it again, and whenever someone tries to explain what they did wrong they won't listen. Forcing people to play the game a bit is the fastest way to show people who haven't been following the game at all and maybe just picked it up on a whim what the whole deal is.

But enemies do occasionally drop loot, and loot can also be found hidden around locations or in chests. Loot's colour-coded as well; green's common, blue rare and gold for exotics. Not all will be specific to your Class, nor be available to use until you've XPed to a certain level. Some will come as encrypted data that needs unlocking back at The Tower.

I can already feel the excitement of finding some gold exotic loot. Like the feeling I had finding rare green loot in Diablo 2!

Very promising.

todd360

But it makes sense: imagine how many people will buy the game, jump in MP, get slaughtered, and then think "this game sucks everyone else has better stuff than me, no-life losers this isn't fun or fair at all" e.t.c. Then that person is going to throw the game aside, never to play it again, and whenever someone tries to explain what they did wrong they won't listen. Forcing people to play the game a bit is the fastest way to show people who haven't been following the game at all and maybe just picked it up on a whim what the whole deal is.

I agree with you. Bungie made the right move there.

I'm also tired of maquettes and plastic helmets, but damn if Halsey's Journal isn't still by far my favorite Collector Edition item. I would kill for something half as cool and enjoyable for Destiny

Flipyap

I'm also tired of maquettes and plastic helmets, but damn if Halsey's Journal isn't still by far my favorite Collector Edition item. I would kill for something half as cool and enjoyable for Destiny
I totally agree, though I probably wouldn't say no to a few more plastic helmets just because I have a slight fetish for prop replicas.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be cool if the progress we make or the XP we gain in the beta could be carried over to the retail version.

Has there been any news of a firefight like mode, like in Halo: Reach?
Nope.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be cool if the progress we make or the XP we gain in the beta could be carried over to the retail version.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Even if it's not that, if you were in the Reach Beta you got an avatar shirt item, so maybe a small in-game vanity item for Beta players? Who knows.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Datto released a new video (16:40) this morning and it's really good. This one is focused on summarizing all the info released this week rather than analysis and speculation, which was what his last video was devoted to.

Again, if you only want to watch two videos on this week's news, make it Datto's. His coverage is really solid.

iluvgames

Banned
w28zrJH.jpg

SWEEEEET!!!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
w28zrJH.jpg

SWEEEEET!!!
Before people go nuts: there's no indication that this is official or real. It very well might be a fan made mock-up. But holy shit is it awesome. I wouldn't want to buy another PS4, but I'd totally buy a special edition of the game with that case.

BraXzy

I really hope they do three-tiered editions like they have done previously. I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount to get a statue (unless maybe some super epic replica but that'd be a stretch)

Just give me a middle ground with a steel box and some goodies both digital and not and I'll be happy <3

Also, #BetaHYPE

broony

Datto released a new video (16:40) this morning and it's really good. This one is focused on summarizing all the info released this week rather than analysis and speculation, which was what

Thanks for posting. There's a few of urk's answers to my posts from the other thread in there. Nice summary of all the little bits and pieces from this week.

Top Bottom