• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Only one area per planet

DNAbro

Hey guys, what did I miss, gee thread got big while I was away.

That+s+it+I+m+out.+A+grown+ass+man+just+said_9e746c_4723734.gif

10 year grand plan worth $500m people.

again, this was data mined from the beta and we already know there are more missions.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
And you think you'll finish Destiny I that time too?

Hahahahahahahaha. That's hilarious nothing particularly to do with his silly statement but I just had an argument in this thread about using user expectations as a flawed measuring stick for judging if a developer was misleading their audiences or not and they were implying it was peoples own fault for their expectations because some people had fairly low expectation to begin and so believed everyone should have that expectation so it's their own fault for being hyped.

I countered saying user perception is terrible way of measuring that because it can range from anything even have some silly people saying the total length 1 hour or 5 hours.

Now here's someone proving exactly my point. Man human interpretation it's a wonderful thing.

Will be interesting to see.

I liked the beta but I had it pre ordered on psn. Seeing as I will get this digitally there seems to be no disadvantage to me cancelling my preorder and now just waiting till we actually know. £55 is a lot of money for a game so I will just wait till its out I guess. If it turns out to be kinda short I might just use the credit for dragon age 3 as long as that turns out good.

Think about it guys, we get the awesome oportunity to grind the same areas over and over for sweet loot!

I was already not looking forward to replaying Old Russia (aka. Earth) all over again from the beginning. The thought of having to replay the same areas over and over again for every mission on the other "planets" just sounds so damned repetitive.

doomquake

yeah..we can do it. we can get through this thread.

(btw you better join the online sensation and preorder..maybe even get a next gen console)

Jinaar

I'm actually more interested at the DLC planned for this and then assume what "could" have been in the game and what was moved out for DLC. The bar will be Borderlands. No matter what anyone says, Borderlands 1/2 did DLC/Season Pass just right. Still cannot get over how badass General Knoxx was (ClapTrap Revolution!). If DESTINY comes out with a great base game filled with content then any new stuff I know I will feel good to purchase. But damn them if the base game is lacking and the DLC picks up the pieces. Damn them all to hells!

Grady

Was that necessary?

Did i say something wrong? I have been a 360 owner for 7 years, Is it wrong to assume it will sell another 10 million in a week and that ALL my friends on my 360 will be playing COD. It happens every year. People will play Destiny for a couple of months, than when COD releases they will move over to that. Destiny should have came out a couple months after COD, not before it.

Trickster

Hey guys, what did I miss, gee thread got big while I was away.

That+s+it+I+m+out.+A+grown+ass+man+just+said_9e746c_4723734.gif

10 year grand plan worth $500m people.

I bet money there will be more than 22 missions in the game on release. That list says that the beta missions are the only earth mission in the game, that's simply not gonna be the case.

That's hilarious nothing particularly to do with his silly statement but I just had an argument in this thread about using user expectations as a flawed measuring stick for judging if a developer was misleading their audiences and they were implying it was there own fault because some people had fairly low expectation to begin and so believed everyone should have that expectation so it's their own fault for being hyped.
The punctuation police just put out an APB.

Gaz_RB

I bet money there will be more than 22 missions in the game on release. That list says that the beta missions are the only earth mission in the game, that's simply not gonna be the case.

We know for a fact there are more than 22 missions, so that'd be a good bet.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The punctuation police just put out an APB.

Punctuation police, internet forum shush, just shush. If this was my thesis I'd understand and would actually care but you caring here is something else.

Quite freaky really.

Hello If this was a formal report I'd understand.

TopGun

Banned
Oh boy, more than 22 missions of the same exact thing. If you play the game without any bias to the hype, every mission is basically the same damn thing over and over and over.

Oh hey the Fallen have gone here to take X, stop them! Okay deploy your Ghost. OH no! An ambush, take out 5 waves of enemies and a bullet sponge boss and we can return to base so you can do the same thing over again!

Is there something I'm missing here, GAF?

Lucent

Oh boy, more than 22 missions of the same exact thing. If you play the game without any bias to the hype, every mission is basically the same damn thing over and over and over.

Oh hey the Fallen have gone here to take X, stop them! Okay deploy your Ghost. OH no! An ambush, take out 5 waves of enemies and a bullet sponge boss and we can return to base so you can do the same thing over again!

Nope.

7 story missions actually.

map-of-venus-jpg.36

That 2 mission increase. I am pleased. I shall cease fire immediately.

But lol seriously it's too tiresome to keep arguing about this game. They have all of August to convince me otherwise.

Orayn

No, you cracked the secret code. Destiny is shit and everyone who's said anything non-negative about it is an Activision shill. You've uncovered their insidious plot and now you must now lead a rebel coalition to bring about the downfall of Destiny and all of its false hype.

Be brave.

Thank you for the review.

Gaz_RB

Ah, I forgot the "special" icon story mission

so 7 story missions on venus, not 5 like the leaked list indicates.

And we also know from the moon mission in the beta that more missions appear as you complete them.

I wonder what the Bungie Forums are like.

No one knows, no one has made it out alive.

It's like you are completely ignoring the fact that all anyone has played is a beta with only a few short tutorial missions.

Swarming101

Not that we know of. It's possible that Bungie crafted shitty early missions and chose to show them off to the public during this beta without realising how shitty the missions were though. It's hypothetically possible that missions become better later in the game, but that's an assumption unsupported by any evidence.

1 game every two years. Expansions/DLC inbetween.

Infinite sequels, my ass. It's 10 year franchise with four games every two years with expansion/DLC in between

Could be. It definitely reminds me of Disney Infinity.

I see - thanks!

That makes a lot more sense, though they must really expect a lot of people to get hooked for life on the franchise. But I guess that's what all the marketing is for.

Lucent

More like data mining an incomplete build. :p

-Points at avatar- You are biased. You are not allowed to say anything to me!

I will say if there's anything they've done right so far, it's that the sparrow is the best controlling vehicle I've ever driven in a game and it's the most fun, too.

Top Bottom