• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I used to run raids, I'd only run hardmode because the game would give you both the Normal mode drops and Hard mode drops simultaneously. I'm assuming this is exactly the same.

zewone

I'm not positive since I only wound up doing VoG Normal once and CE Normal a couple of times (I was LTTP on raids) but weren't chests a oneshot deal per reset regardless of difficulty? Like if you got it on normal nothing would drop out of it on Hard and vice versa? Again only talking specifically about static chests, not bosses/checkpoints etc.

That's correct. Most of the chests were a one shot deal.

The exotic chest was an exception. The exotic chest in KF might also be the exception.

E92 M3

Really? I think it won't be long before most folks can beat hard, at least those that can beat normal. The differences appear to be pretty minor and the old strats seem to apply 97% of the time.

We are very jaded here. For once Bungie didn't make a cheap encounter and just because the best of the best are doing it doesn't mean it's easy ;)

And there's still challenge mode

Yeah, they still have time to add cheap stuff lol.

lt519

I'm not positive since I only wound up doing VoG Normal once and CE Normal a couple of times (I was LTTP on raids) but weren't chests a oneshot deal per reset regardless of difficulty? Like if you got it on normal nothing would drop out of it on Hard and vice versa? Again only talking specifically about static chests, not bosses/checkpoints etc.

Uhhhh isn't that how the last two raids worked?

My bad I thought you were talking about checkpoint drops in general.

zewone

Technically there's no definitive precedent, since VoG worked one way and CE another.

CE worked the exact same way as VoG. 2xHM drops.

The difference was that VoG HM included all the NM loot table plus the HM exclusives.

CE HM and NM had two completely different loot tables for weapons. So if you were looking for a specific NM drop, you would have to run NM before doing HM since HM gave you 2x drops.

MrDaravon

That's correct. Most of the chests were a one shot deal.

The exotic chest was an exception. The exotic chest in KF might also be the exception.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone mention the exotic chest in KF yet, I think everyone was all about the race to first so those groups probably didn't wast the time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
We are very jaded here. For once Bungie didn't make a cheap encounter and just because the best of the best are doing it doesn't mean it's easy ;)

True true, you only need one person to do stupid stuff and die repeatedly to make an encounter last forever :)

GhaleonEB

What's this now? First I've heard of it.

There are going to be a few other modes for HM King's Fall. Luke has mentioned in interviews that they are doing more than just HM for the raid, and IIRC the names of the other modes leaked on B.net at one point.

OkayRene

There are going to be a few other modes for HM King's Fall. Luke has mentioned in interviews that they are doing more than just HM for the raid, and IIRC the names of the other modes leaked on B.net at one point.

I also haven't heard of this. Sounds interesting.

commish

I guess this will constitute "new content" :\

Eric WK

Man, Gothalian has some classy viewers, spamming racial slurs at the guy who streamed world first.

So has anyone answered whether or not the 1 bubble method on golgoroth is still viable?

jinx

Pretty sure that's how he was defeated, per the Reddit megathread.

jaaz

I'm a bit disappointed environmental damage and defense doesn't appear to play any significant role in KF HM. I was sure with every character each having an arc, solar and void subclass, and armor with specific resistances to the same, that we would have encounters where speccing a specific subclass and using specific damage resist armor would factor heavily. I think I was shooting too high, which I've done consistently with Destiny.

OkayRene

No. Because now we're after the 320 gear for infusion. No one is going to mind duplicate gear.

2xFB didn't bother me either. Better than 0xFB.

That doesn't mean it makes more sense, you just prefer it.

Getting 2 of the same drop just always looked so stupid. Like a glitch.

Mupod

A lot of boss clears I've had outside of my 'usual' group would not have been clears if we couldn't revive dead people. I think that'll have a pretty major effect on your average group of random people. Or at least keep me awake during Oryx when I'm not playing a Warlock.

Anyways, one question - is Touch of Malice still going to be good in HM or did I waste my time busting my ass to get it this week?

zewone

So does that confirm no elemental primary weapons for HM?

Really going to lose interest in the raid fast then.

Was the only difference for Oryx the knights added with the ogres? Zzzz

commish

HR Oryx drop anything interesting?

Yeah, my interest in Destiny going forward.

*rimshot*

Seriously though, I haven't seen any unique weapons yet. But that could just be RNG. We'll see. I'm sure there has to be something, at least an exotic.

Ryuuga

Banned
So does that confirm no elemental primary weapons for HM?

Really going to lose interest in the raid fast then.

Was the only difference for Oryx the knights added with the ogres? Zzzz

They added an additional drop of water in each pool by the tower. It makes each guardian that dares enter slighty wetter.

MrDaravon

That doesn't mean it makes more sense, you just prefer it.

Getting 2 of the same drop just always looked so stupid. Like a glitch.

Sure, but in CE there were different completely different loot tables at Crota (and maybe other parts? Don't remember). With King's Fall the NM drops are literally inferior versions of HM drops; outside of maybe OCD collecting there is zero practical reason why you would ever want a normal mode drop over a hard mode drop unless I'm totally spacing on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom