• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

This right here is the base form of everything I hate about certain pockets of the Destiny community. It's all about making the players life easier and faster. These are the type of people that find the glitch spot and cheese a nightfall rather than play it out. These are the people that, in LFG, require maxed gjallays, so they can burn a boss immediately. It's not about how much fun or challenging it is, but how easy or quick it is.

I think it's dumb that someone would feel entitled to double drops in hardmode because they did less work in a week, yet that somehow means I think economy nerfs make sense too? Laughable. You can complain about RNG or how drops fall, but feeling like people deserve the ability to get 2x of the exact same drop because they skipped normal is ridiculous.

Ridiculous except for the fact that that's exactly how it worked for a year.

Ridiculous is not the word I would use to describe that expectation.

I can pray you love NM drops in the hard mode for a long time.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Then why even have Hard mode? If the mechanical differences are so slight and there's not interesting loot, then what's the point?
Challenge mode could start at 310-330 speculation of course. If they are real I expect that range and rewards to be elemental.

realcZk

I hope challenge mode is actually real and not something that just made it into the database (like all those other "pay to win" items people were freaking out over)....

jaaz

So what's the point of running hard mode then?

Previous Hard raids had interesting loot. The Vault of Glass had guns so good they broke the sandbox. Crota's End had elemental primaries. Skolas held exotic quests.

The Hardmode loot for King's Fall is just a paint job & higher light? That *only* benefits you for doing the raid, and maybe a bit in Trials?

Hardmode loot before: helped you everywhere across the game.
Hardmode loot now: helps you with Hardmode only

Disappointed that the utility is so narrow.

I can't imagine this would be it. Why would you play and beat KF HM several times to get gear that will only help you in KF HM, which you've already beat? That's what I call "Circular Progression".

flkraven

Ridiculous except for the fact that that's exactly how it worked for a year.

Ridiculous is not the word I would use to describe that expectation.

I can pray you love NM drops in the hard mode for a long time.

Ridiculous is having that expectation in the first place, yes. So much has changed, yet you expected this to remain the exact same as before?

KxoZz

Well, at least it's a better Hardmode than VoG and CE had. Interested about the
Unstable Light Golgoroth debuff
Are we spoiler-tagging HM stuff?

LiK

You unlock a shader at the shader kiosk if you have all the raid armor from NM (helm, chest, gloves, feet).

There's a new shader to unlock if you have all the HM raid armor.

In the shader kiosk there is a shader for KF normal mode called Bone Marrow, but it requires you to get all 4 pieces of armor from NM KF to unlock it.

There's another new shader now for HM that requires the same thing, but for HM KF armor.

oh, so all I need is to have the armor and it's automatically in the kiosk or do I need to get it to drop in the raid first?

If you need another person for hm let me know. Assuming it will be later on tonight if you are running it.

I can join. hopefully everyone is a KF vet.

You unlock a shader at the shader kiosk if you have all the raid armor from NM (helm, chest, gloves, feet).

There's a new shader to unlock if you have all the HM raid armor.

It doesn't have to be for the same class either. Just have to have it in your inventory, not equipped.

JackHerer

I am seriously disappointed wit HM. I thought there were going to be big changes i.e. brand bew mechanics. Plus no unique weapons (paint job skin and tacking on "harrowed" doesn't count). Do they even have enhanced stats?

I'm not even sure how much I care to run it at this point.

Exactly. KF's was already getting old to me once it was on farm status.

The fact that the only difference between the loot from NM and HM is 10 light levels I'm way less interested in running and it's unlikely to keep my interest for long.

Bah don't be like that! You love raid night.

oh, so all I need is to have the armor and it's automatically in the kiosk or do I need to get it to drop in the raid first?

I can join. hopefully everyone is a KF vet.

The Shader doesn't drop in the raid. It's only available at the kiosk after having the 4 pieces of armor.

You can look at the shader before you have the armor in the kiosk. You'll notice is had the listing of requirements for how to obtain it.

lt519

Being 320 vs 290 people in IB and Trials will be a huge difference, so there's that. And the potential for Heroic Raids and Challenges being at 330 light will require 320 light level. I see wanting to get there, but until they come out and put that carrot in front of me I can't see myself going through HM beyond beating it once.

Hey Gaf, so I just came from the movies, how hard is HM so far?

Anyone has a run down for me? please

One new mechanic per boss (minus sisters), some yellow bars here and there, higher level. Not spectacular but actually what a Hard Mode raid should be. Loot seems to be underwhelming making people question the point of actually running it versus Normal Mode.

Challenge mode could start at 310-330 speculation of course. If they are real I expect that range and rewards to be elemental.

So the point of Hard mode is just to get you ready for yet another mode that's only speculated? Ulgh.

Before, every mode had unique & valuable loot to it. Even normal mode got you armor and weapons you'd use for the rest of that expansion. I kept running Normal VoG to get Corrective Measure. People kept running Normal Crota to get Black Hammer.

Asking people to replace all of their Normal mode gear with Hard gear is bad enough. And then to make them do it again for Challenge mode is insane.\

Raiding used to be my favorite thing in Destiny and now I am being actively pushed away.

zewone

Bah don't be like that! You love raid night.

Raid gear is crap in KF. Higher light level that only matters in HM isn't very compelling.

I hope someone finds some sort of new weapon to give me a reason to want to run it.

I'd love an exotic that requires RNG vs. Bungie flipping a switch.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So the point of Hard mode is just to get you ready for yet another mode that's only speculated? Ulgh.

Before, every mode had unique & valuable loot to it. Even normal mode got you armor and weapons you'd use for the rest of that expansion. I kept running Normal VoG to get Corrective Measure. People kept running Normal Crota to get Black Hammer.

Asking people to replace all of their Normal mode gear with Hard gear is bad enough. And then to make them do it again for Challenge mode is insane.

Raiding used to be my favorite thing in Destiny and now I am being actively pushed away.
I mean you don't HAVE to replace regular for harrowed. There's always infusion =P. Really guys I get the concerns but let's wait a while. It's been out for two hours.

Taborcarn

Hey Gaf, so I just came from the movies, how hard is HM so far?

Anyone has a run down for me? please

No revives in most areas.
Warpriest gets that reactive shield Taken Hobgoblins have
The are no checkpoints in the jumping puzzles, fall anywhere and go back to the beginning
Golgoroth now has a debuff where one person standing in the pool has 6 seconds to get out or they explode
Oryx has extra light-eater knights that spawn after the light-eater ogres.

I might be missing some others.

k1t4j

Being 320 vs 290 people in IB and Trials will be a huge difference, so there's that. And the potential for Heroic Raids and Challenges being at 330 light will require 320 light level. I see wanting to get there, but until they come out and put that carrot in front of me I can't see myself going through HM beyond beating it once.

One new mechanic per boss (minus sisters), some yellow bars here and there, higher level. Not spectacular but actually what a Hard Mode raid should be. Loot seems to be underwhelming making people question the point of actually running it versus Normal Mode.

Thanks mate. and light level needed? My lock is 308 how far would that go?

Anyways I'll try and catch up with the thread by reading a few pages back as well :p

EDIT: Thanks Taborcarn :D

Being 320 vs 290 people in IB and Trials will be a huge difference, so there's that. And the potential for Heroic Raids and Challenges being at 330 light will require 320 light level. I see wanting to get there, but until they come out and put that carrot in front of me I can't see myself going through HM beyond beating it once

This is the power curve for Iron Banner. Trials probably won't be too far off since this was posted the week that Trials was going to occur. The red line is Take King.

delta_zoom.jpg

290 vs 320 is 30 or 3 ticks. So a 290 player will take a 6 or 7% penalty? That's not much. And the max light for blues is 300, so it'll really be 300 vs 320, so a 4% penalty. Not worth sweating.

rje

Any advice for a new player on buying stuff from Xur? I'm light level 235 right now so pretty much all my stuff sucks. I have enough coins to buy either 1 engram or the helmet for my hunter. If I buy an engram will it make an exotic at my current light level? Or will it be fixed at 280 or something? Or does this week just suck and I should hold off or next week?

zewone

This is the power curve for Iron Banner. Trials probably won't be too far off since this was posted the week that Trials was going to occur. The red line is Take King.

delta_zoom.jpg

290 vs 320 is 30 or 3 ticks. So a 290 player will take a 6 or 7% penalty? That's not much. And the max light for blues is 300, so it'll really be 300 vs 320, so a 4% penalty. Not worth sweating.

Time to kill for most guns will not be effected by this penalty.

IB/Trials "LEVEL MATTERS" is BS.

lt519

Thanks mate. and light level needed? My lock is 308 how far would that go?

Anyways I'll try and catch up with the thread by reading a few pages back as well :p

EDIT: Thanks Taborcarn :D

Might struggle at Oryx depending if you get some lucky drops, should get there fine. Whole thing is doable but some of GAFs best is struggling around that level at Oryx. Depends on a lot of things, probably some luck too.

LTWood12

Asking people to replace all of their Normal mode gear with Hard gear is bad enough. And then to make them do it again for Challenge mode is insane.\

Would you like to roll w/ us tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom