• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw I'm not gonna pick any super salty titles. Salty and funny is okay.

I find it rather ironic that Bungie have made a PvP mode for hardcore players in Trials of Osiris, and GAFs hardcore players are now considering putting Destiny on the shelf because of it.

This isn't a dig at anyone at all, but interesting that it's just now that people are starting to reevaluate the time they put into the game :)

Huh? Nobody is putting Destiny on the shelf because of Trials. People that don't enjoy the current meta haven't enjoyed it for the entirety of TTK. Also plenty of people have been posting about feeling a little burned out/taking time away before today.

I mean Taken King has been great. I've had a blast with it. But I don't currently feel any big pull to play it tons right now. Plus it's weird they haven't said anything about the next significant content update. All part of the Destiny cycle, no big deal.

zewone

Also got the machine gun.

Thanks Ze and Thi for the runs.
No problem. I had a lot of fun.

Got the scout and two pulse rifles.

Also I got a 310 Last Word. I'm not sure if I had bad luck or because I was running with less than 311 light, but I'd open bounties and such at 311 at least to try and get 320 exotics.

MrS

Banned
SUMMONR HYPE!

MZrOxWw.png

Persistence, braced frame and counterbalance.
That impact is shit tier though

Also I got a 310 Last Word. I'm not sure if I had bad luck or because I was running with less than 311 light, but I'd open bounties and such at 311 at least to try and get 320 exotics.

I was 307 when I turned in a silver reward bounty and got 315 exotic gauntlets.

What would a good OT thread name be that kind of pays homage to Halo 5 coming out as a slight nod to them?

I'm definitely interested in something like that but I don't know Halo well enough to think up something good.

I was 307 when I turned in a silver reward bounty and got 315 exotic gauntlets.

I'm definitely interested in something like that but I don't know Halo well enough to think up something good.

>>>Destiny |OT♦36l Turn in bounties to Osiris for your Requisitions

See, one of the characters you play as in Halo 5 is in a fireteam called 'The Osiris Fireteam'. Requisitions are basically burner cards you use during the warzone mode.

It's multilayered. Halo 5's title for example is
Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

deadduck

I've enjoyed watching the streams tonight and really liked not seeing the green Thorn burn most of the time and having to hide constantly for 15 each time you peek at someone.

Will get on some games tomorrow.

Carbonox

Didn't make it to the lighthouse but got:

317 Celestial Nighthawk from Silver Package
305 Trials Legs
302 Trials Cloak
308 Trials Helmet from Gold Package
2 Legendary Engrams (worthless nonsense)

Not a bad haul at all just on my Hunter.

ocean

Banned
Would pay $60 to have the PvP from November 2014 with the end-game and ecomy from House of Wolves (minus reforging) and the PvE from TTK
I'd throw money at my screen so hard. Bungie pls add Crucible playlist with 1.1 weapon balance :p it was also broken but way, way more fun than this.

I'd throw money at my screen so hard. Bungie pls add Crucible playlist with 1.1 weapon balance :p it was also broken but way, way more fun than this.

The game was almost balanced right then. https://www.bungie.net/7_hotfix---10142014/en/news/news?aid=12283

Auto Rifles
Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons
In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles
Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. alien combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns
Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons
Vex Mythoclast
Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

get

from that list, a slight buff to pulse rifles and back to autos and the game would have been perfect.

Thorn buff happened the following month and, well the rest is as they say.

deafmedal

Disclaimer: please include explanations for Halo reference titles otherwise I won't get it at all.

I don't like the Halo OT name :mad:

Just had a good NF, 300 Darkblade helm, 310 TL and 2 coins!

Raid anybody? Any raid, any difficulty (although I've only run HM KF up to daughters, once)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom