• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

On elemental primaries:

I don't think they're a big deal tbh. Definitely not the reason we used raid weapons in Y1. Fatebringer was our favorite CE primary, even at 300 when other stuff was 331. It was great for those Arc shields. Oh wait...

VoG with Vision of Confluence still feels tight. Those solar shields just melt. Oh wait...

Outside of NFs, this game has veeeeery few shielded enemies. And when confronting one, we use secondaries or heavies most of the time. Word of Crota or no, Minotaurs get the Shotgun, guaranteed. Captains fell to our Found Verdicts, not our Fangs most of the time.

Bungie thinks we held on so dearly to them and never swapped out because of the elements but not really. FB was the only HC with Firefly at launch (and stayed that way until TTK). Vision of Confluence was the only Scout with full auto until HoW (and even then, had a bigger mag than the stuff you could roll).

We didn't lust for them because of the element, it was the stat/perk roll. Elements on a primary make a super small difference in how the game plays (again, outside burn NFs).

But the point I'm trying to make is: it makes it all the more petty and strange that they were taken away. They were just a cool thing to have. They didn't alter the game too much. Made 0 difference in PvP, 0 difference in Raids, and some difference at times for a few enemies a few times across strikes and missions.

Current Raid gear with elements would still be, for the most part, low-tier stuff. But at least it would feel special. Would I trade my Hung Jury for the Raid scout if it had Solar damage? Lol no way. But at least I'd keep it in the Vault for a NF or something instead of giving it the insta-infuse.
I like you. I've been saying this for weeks. Luke just don't understand.

deafmedal

reminder to the FT that ran last night:

NM KF - 11pm EDT - we will finish what we started.

1. rasengan1337
2. kinezo
3. gibbshift
4. angerd
5. ghazi/drizzay/MLG?
6. ghazi/drizzay/MLG? :)

drizzay, can you join us at 11? kaikken had to drop, and we'll still need another.

kurt, can you help us newbs clear oryx?
Yo :)

On elemental primaries:

I don't think they're a big deal tbh. Definitely not the reason we used raid weapons in Y1. Fatebringer was our favorite CE primary, even at 300 when other stuff was 331. It was great for those Arc shields. Oh wait...

VoG with Vision of Confluence still feels tight. Those solar shields just melt. Oh wait...

Outside of NFs, this game has veeeeery few shielded enemies. And when confronting one, we use secondaries or heavies most of the time. Word of Crota or no, Minotaurs get the Shotgun, guaranteed. Captains fell to our Found Verdicts, not our Fangs most of the time.

Bungie thinks we held on so dearly to them and never swapped out because of the elements but not really. FB was the only HC with Firefly at launch (and stayed that way until TTK). Vision of Confluence was the only Scout with full auto until HoW (and even then, had a bigger mag than the stuff you could roll).

We didn't lust for them because of the element, it was the stat/perk roll. Elements on a primary make a super small difference in how the game plays (again, outside burn NFs).

But the point I'm trying to make is: it makes it all the more petty and strange that they were taken away. They were just a cool thing to have. They didn't alter the game too much. Made 0 difference in PvP, 0 difference in Raids, and some difference at times for a few enemies a few times across strikes and missions.

Current Raid gear with elements would still be, for the most part, low-tier stuff. But at least it would feel special. Would I trade my Hung Jury for the Raid scout if it had Solar damage? Lol no way. But at least I'd keep it in the Vault for a NF or something instead of giving it the insta-infuse.

Fatebringers element at least for VoG was useless as you said. People liked it because of the perks and occasionally the gigantic numbers you'd see when there was an Arc burn nightfall. It says a lot that the desirable primaries in VoG where Fatebringer and VoC, no one gave a shit about Atheon's Epilogue or the Timepiece (until the PR buff), those 2 weapons had fantastic perk sets. Fatebringer, everyone knows about that, VoC was a very solid scout which offered full auto fire and the option for max stability or a mag of 27! Crazy. Epilogue had void on it and it still stank compared to those 2.

People were bummed as hell about the Crota's End primaries despite offering new elements for each weapon class.

I agree but if we didn't use elemental primaries for the actual elemental properties then it's not a big deal that they're no longer available.

It was a nice to have and very rarely capitalized on. Why would anyone applaud the removal of options?

Kyoufu

It was a nice to have very rarely capitalized on. Why would anyone applaud the removal of options?

I'm not applauding the removal, but if their intent is on enemy shields playing some part in encounters then they probably don't want you to remove them so easily with elemental primaries.

Again, I wish devs would speak to us about stuff like this so we can understand their design decisions better.

Zocano

On elemental primaries:

For the most part, I agree, but I think the general playerbase would still gravitate to them because of that elemental damage.

Also I don't get why they aren't messing around with shields enough in the game. They sort of do in certain spots like the Court of Oryx guys but that's not even nearly enough. Make some raids encompass shields into their mechanics.

zewone

I agree but if we didn't use elemental primaries for the actual elemental properties then it's not a big deal that they're no longer available.
They still need to understand the situation. They thought elements were the deciding factor and removed them. They should understand that elements on primaries are fine. Just make more awesome guns if you want to create diversity. Giving us a sea of mediocre isn't going to make us change our load outs. It will just have us gravitate to the best, obtainable roll there is, aka Hung Jury.

Yup, I'll help y'all out, raid offerings are kinda slim right now (would prefer full runs) :)
What class should I bring?

doesn't really matter too much. we have only oryx left on this run.
if you'd like, maybe we can setup another time on sunday or Monday to run KF NM from totems again?

reminder to the FT that ran last night:

NM KF - 11pm EDT - we will finish what we started.

1. rasengan1337
2. kinezo
3. gibbshift
4. angerd
5. drizzay
6. deafmedal

can the 4 guys from last night PSN message me to confirm that they're coming? :)

zewone

I'm not applauding the removal, but if their intent is on enemy shields playing some part in encounters then they probably don't want you to remove them so easily with elemental primaries.

Again, I wish devs would speak to us about stuff like this so we can understand their design decisions better.
Luke actually came and posted about the removal of elemental primaries. He said it was to encourage divirsity. He doesn't understand people chose those weapons for the perks.

iirc Luke said something about bottlenecking players into choosing very specific load outs.

Maybe still having access to elemental primaries would make Nightfalls easier but as far as the raid, there are barely any shielded enemies in there. Off the top of my head you've got the wizards at totems which people melt with the raid lmg, wizards again at Warpriest. From there it's the centurions at Daughters/Oryx and they get melted with Touch of Malice either way.

On elemental primaries:

Ocean gets it.

I'd run Trials and the Raid for elemental primaries even if they had weak stats. Am not running them for kinetics with weak stats just because their light is higher. I shoot guns, not light. I want to shoot cool guns, and playing challenging content should reward you with unique guns that you don't find anywhere else. Stat wise, there's nothing unique enough about the end game weapons to make them worth chasing.

Kyoufu

Luke actually came and posted about the removal of elemental primaries. He said it was to encourage divisity. He doesn't understand people chose those weapons for the perks.

Oh okay.

Well, I chose to use Vision of Confluence 99% of the time not because of the Solar element but because of the full auto perk and stability. It felt great to shoot with.

In fact, it felt so great that I used it against enemies which didn't possess Solar shields, like I used it in the Skolas encounter which had Fallen Captains with Arc shields.

Luke pls. The reason there was such little diversity in Year 1 was because Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Found Verdict, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn had godly perks.

Giving every raid gun the Cocoon perk just makes them all crap and doesn't promote diversity at all.

Yeah I can run w you folks. Just finishing up new OT then I'll be ready.

Might have to pull an audible with the title since there doesn't seem to be a community favorite.

eh, you've done a great job with the titles, so don't sweat it. it ppl aren't satisfied, well, it's because they aren't aware of how much work gets put in behind the scenes by all the people who work to make this OT the great place that it is.

I don't think we say thanks frequently enough. *fistbump*

NastyBook

eh, you've done a great job with the titles, so don't sweat it. it ppl aren't satisfied, well, it's because they aren't aware of how much work gets put in behind the scenes by all the people who work to make this OT the great place that it is.

I don't think we say thanks frequently enough. *fistbump*
Dude, I totally forgot about our Oryx kill tonight. I'm about to possibly jump into a Nightfall. Is anybody else even around.

DarKshodaN

I had today some of my best time in destiny.

looked for some players for trials on lfg and found an awesome guy, we didn't used mics but we beat the shit out of most of the teams, nearly reached the lighthouse.

Our Goal was only to complete the Bounties, i never ever tought i would win 1 game in Trials and then we won 7 in a row.feels so nice

neoism

SvfErLi.png

gVoBC0SuaHStq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom