• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoUltima

Wait I always thought this was an MMO? Description in OP sounds very Borderlands-like. Color me very interested in that case. And those dudes on poster look badass.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm wondering why Activision will even release these cards then before PS4/720 are announced then. From the pictures it seems these are pretty final and already sent out to retailers.

Making another set to include PS4/720 seems...impractical and counterproductive to me.
How much can you compromise your announcement though? What if MS didn't announce until mid-June but Activision feel they need nine months to market it effectively?

Saty

So they are going to do a mmo-like game, always connected and online and just charge a one-time 60$ price? Seems too generous by Activision for such a project and i can't see them be too flexible with microtransactions\dlc on the 360\ps3.

Xbudz

Now I'm thinking next-gen Destiny is farther off than expected and Activision pushed Bungie to release on current gen now, next gen later.

Bah.

Beckx

I'm wondering why Activision will even release these cards then before PS4/720 are announced then. From the pictures it seems these are pretty final and already sent out to retailers.

Making another set to include PS4/720 seems...impractical and counterproductive to me.

They would like to get pre-orders now from the millions of people who own the existing consoles.

Pooya

It says in no event will Bungie be required to ship on PS3 and 360 this year. And they are.

The year later port to PS3 is a question of feasibility within the contract, the idea of a simulation launch isn't included at all.

required by whom? Acitivison.

Unless they wanted to do it themselves of course, which they did by hiring aggressively since 2010. it's just a safety measure because when they signed that contract they didn't have any experience for PS3. It's their own IP after all and if it fails commercially Activision can nullify the deal as you see there.

Nothing here contradicts this document.

Do you guys still think the next gen systems are hitting this year?

I'm seeing so many games coming out this fall for the current gen consoles... It's a little worrying.

Hey You

People will want to start preordering the minute the trailer goes up. The 360/PS3 cards have been sent retailers, but we may not even get a Xbox Next announcement until June. They can't send out pre-order cards for a Platform that hasn't been announced.

Edit: Beaten badly.

Stark

Banned
Shouldn't read too much into the platforms when I think its clear they will be separate releases. Either that or well, yeah, unannounced.

StuBurns

Banned
required by whom? Acitivison.

Unless they wanted to do it themselves of course, which they did by hiring aggressively since 2010. it's just a safety measure because when they signed that contract they didn't have any experience for PS3. It's their own IP after all and if it fails commercially Activision can nullify the deal as you see there.

Nothing here contradicts this document.
I guess we'll see, if it's announced for Orbis, then it's pretty blatantly wrong.
They are.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm, I'm intrigued, even though the Halo franchise never did anything for me.

Arnie

Well, the Ratchet and Clank franchise is just as good as Halo, when it comes to quality. Imo

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but the vast majority don't hold it, and thus that's why the two developers aren't held in more comparable regard.

I'm seeing so many games coming out this fall for the current gen consoles... It's a little worrying.

No way Microsoft and Sony are going to allow any developer announce games for their consoles before they do. Patience is a virtue.

LiK

the Grunts are so cute when they're all grown up.

destinyback.jpg

How much can you compromise your announcement though? What if MS didn't announce until mid-June but Activision feel they need nine months to market it effectively?

I understand, I just think it's strange.

"Preorder it now for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3!"

*PS4/720 revealed*

"Oh, and now you can preorder it for the PS4/720 too."

Wat? Just feels weird.

Corto

Absolutely. That only means that this gen will go out with a bang.

Beckx

Buck up, you're going to see more. The install bases on these machines are way too big to leave money on the table. All of the annual sports titles, for example, will be on PS3/360 (and if history repeats, they'll have more features on those, as well).

StuBurns

Banned

*PS4/720 revealed*

Wat? Just feels weird.
Yeah, certainly true.

I wonder if anyone can confirm it, but I take it you can change your SKU pretty easily anyway right? I know you can in the UK with Game.

EDIT: Last-gen there were very few 'real' cross generational releases, there was like Gun or whatever, but a lot of them were slightly different, they had different content or whatever, like FarCry Predator.

Beckx

*PS4/720 revealed*

Wat? Just feels weird.

Weird but unavoidable. MS and Sony aren't going to clear them to send cards like that to retailers. And from their point of view, waiting for MS/Sony before they start to get pre-orders on 360/PS3 is leaving money on the table.

Let's pause for a moment: anyone actually still putting money down on the table for a pre-order, probably isn't plugged in to the next cycle desperately waiting for news. This isn't aimed at them.

RoKKeR

I don't think we can make any calls on the cross-gen release strategies, simply because we don't know about next gen to begin with. Lets just wait and see what Sunday brings, but this game certainly isn't skipping next gen consoles this fall.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

*PS4/720 revealed*

Wat? Just feels weird.
We still have to keep in mind that their big reveal is on Sunday. For all we know, they could end their debut trailer with a teaser for Durango or Orbis.

Sounds like an open world FPS adventure /RPG with Demon's Souls "Massively single player" online system. Complete with customizable weapons, armor, and vehicles....
Vehicles that may include spaceships.

Cannot fucking wait.

Stark

Banned

*PS4/720 revealed*

Wat? Just feels weird.

Indeed, but I think retailers would be the last people to be aware its coming on other consoles, no? or well, Sony/MS won't allow it.

Xbudz

That would be weird if Sony was about to announce PS4 a full year ahead like Nintendo and Wii U.

ElfArmy177

I really hope its next Gen or even PC. If not, no thanks... Game sounded great but not in sub HD. The thought of borderlands style game play or mmo style on current consoles sounds terrible.

I get that borderlands 2 looked good on current consoles, but lets be honest... The art style allowed it.. It wasn't all that intensive looking.

looking at the concept art on this game alone makes it impossible. But I'm spoiled now by a good PC I guess... After planetaide 2 or battlefield on PC (after putting 100hrs on Xbox version)

I'm ranting.. I'm sorry.. I'm just so excited for next Gen I'm being a.. Ya know... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom