• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny PS4 pre-load available now

th4tguy

Looks like the pre-load for Destiny on PS4 is out two days early.

Q3Z0PxM.jpg

a0rEg94.jpg

Did a quick search and didn't see anyone commenting on it in any other threads. Lock if old.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeah once the small < 200 MB installer file DL and Installs
Leave your PS4 on

Click Information on the Destiny Portal (Press Triangle), you'll see it will start to DL the 18GB file

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I'm going to wait for the reviews, and if I buy it, it'll be on physical media.

I strongly suggest everybody do the same
unless your optical drive is broken.

th4tguy

Leave your PS4 on

Click Information on the Destiny Portal (Press Triangle), you'll see it will start to DL the 18GB file

Looks like it downloads that in the background without having to open the info page as I just opened mine and it was already over 2GB downloaded.

Peterthumpa

Those pre-loads with an added installer are shitty. I believe remote download won't work in those cases.

Why on earth don't they use the standard way of downloading things? Isn't it just a copy of files anyway?

Given the kind of game it is, I'd rather have it on hard drive all the time, readily available without swapping disks. And my mind was made up at the end of alpha, the reviews have to be outright bad, like sub-5.0, for me to regret the pre-order.

Those pre-loads with an added installer are shitty. I believe remote download won't work in those cases.

Why on earth don't they use the standard way of downloading things? Isn't it just a copy of files anyway?

They rely on Bungie/Acti servers instead of usual shitty performance of PSN during heavy traffic, so they always work.

njean777

I already ordered the digital, there is not going back on this one.

Kureizu

Does every edition get the Vanguard Armory?

I'm pre-loading the regular edition and it's not downloading the Vanguard DLC like in those screens.

It's the european version btw.

th4tguy

Was anyone able to actually download the Vanguard armor? It gave me an error code when trying to finish the download for it.

bombshell

It does work remotely. It automatically continues to download the rest of the game in the background.

Ok. It's downloading in the background. I canceled my Amazon preorder, bought $70 psn gift card from them, redeemed the code on PSN, and finally preordered Destiny through PSN. Wish Amazon offered a preload option so I wouldn't have to go through this workaround.

Leave your PS4 on

Kind of odd that the PS4 version appears to have a small installer that then downloads the rest of the game and the XBO version does not. Maybe the XBO one just doesn't show that to the user...

riotous

Banned
Kind of odd that the PS4 version appears to have a small installer that then downloads the rest of the game and the XBO version does not. Maybe the XBO one just doesn't show that to the user...

Sony makes their download system confusing.. it's the same on Vita.

I don't understand why they don't hide the intricacies going on behind the scenes. All games should be one item on the list.

XxCGSxX

Wait why didn't I get the vanguard armory download? Just got the update and game install, preordered yesterday. Game is still downloading but Vanguard Armory doesn't show up on downloads or Library wtf?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is convenient. Ones 296 MB and the other 184 MB. Probably the installers just like the beta and alpha were.

Already shown above.

It seems like this generation is moving at a snails pace.

jwk94

Remote download does work

ethomaz

Banned
Sony makes their download system confusing.. it's the same on Vita.

I don't understand why they don't hide the intricacies going on behind the scenes. All games should be one item on the list.
I think it does that because with the 200MB you can already play the game... so after that it downloads in background the rest of it.

riotous

Banned
I think it does that because with the 200MB you can already play the game... so after that it downloads in background the rest of it.

Which can be done without exposing the actual files.

And since Vita doesn't even have that feature, not sure it even explains why.

Not a big deal.. I just wonder how many "average joes" have been confused by it.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys the 200MB file is an update.

The install have these steps.

- Shows (in Downloads) a 19GB file to download but after some MB it get hidden.
- The Game shows on homescrren and if you see the info it downloads what left for these 19GB in background (it is like the first data is what you can already play the game and after that it will download in backforund... PlayGo)
- It downloads a 200MB update file too.

Nice, but I'm sticking with the physical copy.

I heavily debated this all day. Since the retail value of this game will be at sub $30 by the time I am done with the final DLC expansion, I thought it wasn't worth being the physical copy. I will be taking this approach henceforth. It will be on a game by game case.

It does work remotely. It automatically continues to download the rest of the game in the background.

I haven't been able to start the download remotely from my office. :(

Now I have to wait 2 more hours to be able to preload it...
Just to wait 3more days anyways. :(

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven't been able to start the download remotely from my office. :(

Now I have to wait 2 more hours to be able to preload it...
Just to wait 3more days anyways. :(

You can go into your library and check off the game to "download" on release day, which is very nice. I've had a few auto-download once I turned on the console, some were mid way, but I don't know which approach I took. I always set games to download in the app or browser. I believe StandBy works. Like it's already been mentioned.

I checked Destiny off a long time ago and one of the updates was at 47% already and I had the console turned off.

I have Bloodborne set to Auto-download in 206 days 10 hours 34 minutes.

Oppo

The preload tile icon shouldn't be the actual icon.

It should look like a wrapped present.

V_Ben

Banned
I preordered a digital code through Amazon US, so let's see how this goes. That's the weird part about pre-ordering a PSN code at the moment, no preloading. Hmm.

Top Bottom