• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Reveal Thread

ElRenoRaven

And what excites me about next gen is how the gap between their art and the games keeps closing. Next gen Destiny is going to be great. Especially since they're not aiming for launch.

Yup. I've always believed that it's worth it to release when it's ready. Well most of the time. In the case of a few notable games like say Duke Nukem Forever that wasn't the case but still. There are always exceptions to the rule. lol

I replaced my Reach concept art with these for my desktop rotation. Bungie concept art is so good.
Yeah the art book will be a must have!

We’ll water all the little seeds we hope are tumbling around in your brain now that we’ve begun to pull back the curtain, ever so gently. We’ll tell you about Earth and the City and the Tower and the Guardians sworn to protect it. We’ll tell you about our new frontier and the enemies scouring the bones of our long-forgotten worlds. We’ll show you how incredible it feels to see a Fallen Captain’s ethereal soul rip from its body after you’ve dusted his crew with your Gravesend Mk. 28 Heavy Machinegun, shattered his absorption shield with a perfectly-placed pulse grenade, and delivered a final, thundering shot with your beloved hand cannon. We’ll show you how satisfying it is to tactically carve through the suppressing fire of a fortified Cabal war base with your fireteam, gouts of oil, geysers of steam, and shimmering loot punctuating your victory as you go.

This part of this weeks mail sack has me especially excited! Can't wait to see this stuff

but he doesn't have 4 hands.... And the pose is a lot more stoic, and less static... It's really the difference between good concept art and poor concept art imo, great little learning tool.
I don't see the whole stoic and static thing. So the different between good concept art and poor concept art are two extra hands?

Don't worry dude, it's ok for some of the art to be similar to another game.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Destiny sounds like it could be one of the most exciting gaming universes to explore since Mass Effect. For me, at least. But I'm only going on Bungie's plans, the amazing concept artwork and some mere seconds of gameplay. I guess my biggest fear is that - as has happened so many times - story and universe will get watered down to make it accessible and suitable for online multiplayer. I was really excited about the initial plans the devs of Brink and Borderlands had with their (original) games, only to be massively dissapointed when the actual games had almost zero to offer in the story department.

I guess what I'm saying is I really hope Bungie delivers something with a beginning and an ending with Destiny and some kick-ass story developments (and story presentation) in between. Preferably with branching storylines and/or dialogue options. I haven't played/seen any MMO(RPG's) where I didn't witness some sort of suspension of disbelief (for lack of a better definition) due to some extremely unique monster/item/weapon with legendary status getting endlessly defeated/destroyed by a never-ending stream of fellow players.

Top Bottom