• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Launches September 20th (PS4/XB1), lots of details leak

Moa

From DestinyTheGame.com:

1YzJLDW.jpg

https://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en/home

No mention of Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

UPDATE: Xbox.com listing was posted online before quickly being pulled. Images here and here. For those at work who have imgur blocked:

Destiny: Rise of Iron is the next highly anticipated expansion to the Destiny universe. The wall which stood for centuries along the southern border of Old Russia has collapsed. Fallen mutants now scavenge the tombs of the Golden Age, and the plague they have unearthed is more dangerous than even they understand. Join Lord Saladin. Journey into the Plaguelands. Learn the fate of the Iron Lords and stop the growing threat before it is too late.

Includes:

* New Story Campaign & Quests
* New Armour and Gear
* New Weapons
* New Raid
* Maximum Light Increase
* New Strike
* New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space
* New Crucible Mode & Maps
* New Enemy Faction and Bosses

Nabbis

Why the fuck is there a dude with scifi armor wielding a magic flaming axe with wolves around him...

Jito

Banned
I'm ready to explore the same Old Russia again, fighting the same enemies, all for the low price of £40 thanks to those micro transactions.

Ridley327

I figured that Destiny 2 would have dropped last gen, but starting that with an expansion for the first game is a pretty interesting move.

Midas

I'm ready to explore the same Old Russia again, fighting the same enemies, all for the low price of £40 thanks to those micro transactions.

Me too. Can't wait. A new raid will be fantastic, best thing about Destiny.

_woLf

Thank god they're ditching last gen consoles. That opens up a ton of possibilities for the expansion.

Gator86

No last gen support ?

Good. I'm all for consumer products receiving support and sympathize with those who can't afford to upgrade, but fuck PS3/360 at this point. It's been a decade. No other tech is supported that long. No reason to hold back the current gen.

Jito

Banned
You know for a fact there is no new area (s)?

Wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing new but re purposed existing areas.

Me too. Can't wait. A new raid will be fantastic, best thing about Destiny.

Best thing about Destiny was the premise of the game. Shame they didn't nail the delivery. Maybe Destiny 2 will be an actual planet hopping sci fi adventure.

Nowise10

I really wish Destiny looked as epic as the trailers do. Game doesn't have any weather at all but the trailers are always in these nighttime blizzards, along with concept art having snow and rain.

Good. I'm all for consumer products receiving support and sympathize with those who can't afford to upgrade, but fuck PS3/360 at this point. It's been a decade. No other tech is supported that long. No reason to hold back the current gen.
This is DLC for a game that was already held back by last gen. Not seeing advantage in cutting support now.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing new but re purposed existing areas.

Best thing about Destiny was the premise of the game. Shame they didn't nail the delivery. Maybe Destiny 2 will be an actual planet hopping sci fi adventure.

Taken King had one, this well it's a bigger expansion in the same vein.

It's 2016......no one should be developing games that have to be held back by 12 year old specs. It's called progress. They struggled with last gen with vault space and what they could do with the launch game.

So no actual new info though beside the release date and platforms... I just don't know.

Destiny definitely brought me back with The Taken King, but I don't know that I want to keep playing with the same spit-and-glue frankestein that they've created anymore. They made a lot of improvements, and the gameplay is still fun, but I want a new game where the fundamental systems are fixed. I don't know if I want to do another expansion.

We'll be carrying over our characters to Destiny 2 at the very least. We don't know what else.

Do we know that? Source?

Top Bottom