• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Launches September 20th (PS4/XB1), lots of details leak

WhiteWolf

Destiny always interested me, but I never got a chance to play it. Would now, or around the time this DLC releases, be a good time to give it a go or should I just wait until the inevitable sequel?

Orayn

Destiny always interested me, but I never got a chance to play it. Would now, or around the time this DLC releases, be a good time to give it a go or should I just wait until the inevitable sequel?

The "Legendary Edition" includes the base game and The Taken King and is well worth it, but there will probably be another complete edition launching alongside this.

cakely

Since I'm still playing Destiny pretty regularly (kill me, I actually like crucible), yeah, I'm there day one.

Moa

5YkHO1q.png

k7qaOoc.jpg

From Xbox.com.

duhmetree

To be fair, Destiny is the best 30fps game I've played. I think it has to do with the FOV. Hopefully with 60fps they could give us a larger FOV

Arrrammis

If this is TTK scale, I'd gladly pay another $40 for it.

Bungie said at one point that the Rise of Iron in roughly the same size as The Dark Below + House of Wolves. I take that to mean it's not quite as large as TTK with its new subclasses and weapons, but still has a new patrol area ( possibly
European Deadzone
), new raid, other endgame stuff, 10+ missions.

On a side note, some people are taking the whole "only supporting PS4 and Xbone" thing to a bit of an extreme, with some people saying that "one of the big reasons that custom PvP games aren't in the game is because of the past-gen limitations, so since Bungie is dropping past gen, Custom games might be included in the update." One can only hope!

Edit: Well nevermind, no need for speculation i suppose. Rain on my parade :(

hydruxo

So no actual new info though beside the release date and platforms... I just don't know.

Destiny definitely brought me back with The Taken King, but I don't know that I want to keep playing with the same spit-and-glue frankestein that they've created anymore. They made a lot of improvements, and the gameplay is still fun, but I want a new game where the fundamental systems are fixed. I don't know if I want to do another expansion.

Do we know that? Source?

Well the reveal is tomorrow so all the news will be out then.

geordiemp

To be fair, Destiny is the best 30fps game I've played. I think it has to do with the FOV. Hopefully with 60fps they could give us a larger FOV

It is very responsive on controls yes, it just suffers from having no servers and net code which goes lalalala when a players internet stops (lag switchers).

Unfortunately Crucible is a nightmare against red bar warriors using McDonalds wifi.

This game needs PVP servers, proper ones and it will rise again.

60 FPS would be nice, but pointless if players are teleporting around and seconds behind the action.

New social space, enemy and location / raid. I am in.

I don't get the reasoning behind a third social zone? Isn't that a waste of resources? Heck i'd rather just one big social zonr.

Recall

I bought the Taken King Destiny, the one that came with all the DLC up to that point and paid £40. I put 103 hours into the game.

I keep reading comments how Destiny has never had enough content? What exactly would it take for everyone to be satisfied from this game?

Pejo

New strike? As in singular? Hmm...

Yea that's a bummer. Also sad that it's more Fallen and more Old Russia. They could have at least opened up another chunk of Earth, maybe a different landscape or something. Wasn't there supposed to be a playable section of Chicago in early Destiny concept days? A ruined cityscape would actually be kinda cool in Destiny.

Dropping last generation support in the middle of a game's life-cycle isn't a new move, especially for Activision who dropped support for patches and weapon DLC on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare only 6 months after launch. Similarly, GTA Online stopped getting updates on last gen eight months ago or so.

Once the last generation consoles can't take it anymore, they can't take it anymore and the updates stop. Good news for current generation Destiny players, though.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'd be over the moon with happiness if they dropped last gen support. For too long the majority of the playerbase has been shackled to their restrictions since they've insisted on parity for some reason.

Expansion.

Destiny 2 is next year (and was rebooted a few months ago).

i thought the exact timing of when the reboot took place is still unknown, as only the word "recently" was used, and was still subject to when the info was given in the first place?

ie: recently could mean last week or last year.

I bought the Taken King Destiny, the one that came with all the DLC up to that point and paid £40. I put 103 hours into the game.

I keep reading comments how Destiny has never had enough content? What exactly would it take for everyone to be satisfied from this game?

It has plenty of content now has for ages, the game has a lot of haters that repeat the same thing over and over.

Yea that's a bummer. Also sad that it's more Fallen and more Old Russia. They could have at least opened up another chunk of Earth, maybe a different landscape or something. Wasn't there supposed to be a playable section of Chicago in early Destiny concept days? A ruined cityscape would actually be kinda cool in Destiny.

umm they did...read it again. New zone called plaguelands, with new enemy type.

I don't get the reasoning behind a third social zone? Isn't that a waste of resources? Heck i'd rather just one big social zonr.

Agreed, but I also don't really see much point to the social zones period either, unless you're aiming to pair up with randoms. It's usually just a bunch of people standing around decrypting engrams, or dancing, or jumping off the world over and over.

I've never really understood the point except to have a hub where you maintain your character, but there's nothing necessarily social about that either. We certainly don't need 3 of basically the same version of that.

Top Bottom