• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Trailer leak.

Theorry

*sigh* I wish Destiny was better then what it was. They say new story and I can't take them seriously not after the story we've had so far. The lack of content in Destiny is amazing and it seriously bothers me that they have the gall to have micro transactions and you know this expansion isn't going to be free (despite what they said last year) and despite that only 1 new strike and raid?

I loved the original Destiny, it played great but the story was shit and I wanted so much more content then the game had, it really felt like they purposefully held content back as much as possible in order to nickle and dime everyone on 'expansions' and then TTK, then micro transactions. Now we already know all the real resources are being put into a sequel for next year so I cannot find any way to get hyped up about this trailer or this expansions.

And it legit bothers me because I have friends who will play it and I want to play with them but I refuse to support the game anymore, to much bad blood imo.

Don't mean to bring anyone who is excited for it down but Destiny really gets under my skin.

Edit: Also fuck off with that Preorder bonus, they have no fucking shame.

Bungie hasnt said anything.

Liamc723

*sigh* I wish Destiny was better then what it was. They say new story and I can't take them seriously not after the story we've had so far. The lack of content in Destiny is amazing and it seriously bothers me that they have the gall to have micro transactions and you know this expansion isn't going to be free (despite what they said last year) and despite that only 1 new strike and raid?

I loved the original Destiny, it played great but the story was shit and I wanted so much more content then the game had, it really felt like they purposefully held content back as much as possible in order to nickle and dime everyone on 'expansions' and then TTK, then micro transactions. Now we already know all the real resources are being put into a sequel for next year so I cannot find any way to get hyped up about this trailer or this expansions.

And it legit bothers me because I have friends who will play it and I want to play with them but I refuse to support the game anymore, to much bad blood imo.

Don't mean to bring anyone who is excited for it down but Destiny really gets under my skin.

Edit: Also fuck off with that Preorder bonus, they have no fucking shame.

They have never said that expansions would be free.

Your loss, Destiny is an amazing game and this add-on will only make it better.

GlamFM

Banned
They just GIVE you the iron gjjarhorn from pre ordering?

Yes.

LNyuOOj.png

I don't know what people what anymore. The lack of content complaint is lazy. The game has had two expansions, one HUGE expansion with a ton of new content, three live events and a free update that improved the quality of life.

Do people want new content everyday? Every week? Every month?

There isn't a monthly subscription so and other monthly subscription games don't get content every month. So I don't understand the complaint. There is so much to do that unless your a veteran playing around since the alpha running strikes for better gear I don't know what else they want.

More content drops, like per month, would probably cost more money. And the team would be so busy on that there would be no Destiny 2.

If you feel new content means you need something new to do 24/7, then Destiny ain't the place.

Theorry

I don't know what people what anymore. The lack of content complaint is lazy. The game has had two expansions, one HUGE expansion with a ton of new content, three live events and a free update that improved the quality of life.

There isn't a monthly subscription so and other monthly subscription games don't get content every month. So I don't understand the complaint. There is so much to do that unless your a veteran playing around since the alpha running strikes for better gear I don't know what else they want.

More content drops, like per month, would probably cost more money. And the team would be so busy on that there would be no Destiny 2.

If you feel new content means you need something new to do 24/7, then Destiny ain't the place.

I agree. Feel that people sometimes have unrealistic expectations . And that Destiny needs a update every month.

GlamFM

Banned

Don´t you get it?

People want to shit on Destiny - that´s all.

Is it possible to play the Raids with matchmaking?

No.

Bungie hasnt said anything.

They have never said that expansions would be free.

Your loss, Destiny is an amazing game and this add-on will only make it better.

You know what after looking into it... yeah they only said Microtransctions would only fund the next year of free DLC from when TTK came out (which lets be honest has been sparse) by the time this comes out that year will be over so I guess they didn't actually lie.

I don't take back any of what I said, that pre-order bonus alone should show you how little freaking shame they have.

oti

Banned
I think it looks pretty cool. But I'd rather wait for Destiny 2 proper. I skipped everything since vanila, I do't mind the wait.

GlamFM

Banned
Ugh, Pass in that case. Been playing the game since day 1 but stopped playing when The Taken King was released. This is the one thing that is holding me back.

It´s your very own fault.

You are privileged, you have a NeoGAF account.

That gives you the power to find a Raid group within minutes.

LFG also works just fine.

What other MMO's have you played?

This tbh. The GAF community for Destiny is amazing. Everyone is so nice and friendly and the raid groups are great fun. If the Division has thought me anything it's that anything end game that needs coordination, you do not want to matchmake it or you are in for a bad time.

It's cheesy bad. I'll be skipping it for sure. More interested in what they do with Destiny 2.

Same here. I'll probably come back to Destiny when it's in its full, second revision with a bunch of new worlds and races etc. This is just more of the same shit on Earth again. No desire to play... at all.

Fbh

I kinda miss destiny .
I skipped The Fallen king so if there is a $60 pack that includes everything prior + this new expantion I'm in

I thought they'd have Destiny 2 out by the fall. This looks like filler until they catch up in the schedule.

I'd raise my iron, but I don't golf.

RSP

I don't want to let people down who are serious about the games they play (not saying that's always the case, but it's kind of a barrier to add someone you don't know).

I play most of my games online with my cousin, and we just want to hang out and chat while playing a game for an hour or two.

We've played the shit out of the challenges, but always because we could just do matchmaking.

Apdiddy

I thought Bungie said after The Taken King you wouldn't have to buy anymore of their expansions/content until Destiny 2.

I hope it shows up as a free download for TTK/Legendary Edition owners, otherwise Bungie and Activision have some 'splaining to do.

Melchiah

TTK wasnt priced as a full game. Its was 40 bucks.

40€ is a pretty steep price for a DLC, even a meatier one. Considering most of the DLCs are 15-20€, and some retail games like R&C cost 40€. Not to mention, that I'll be paying for the PVP portion as well, which I never play.

it should be priced less for it has less content tan TKK.

But it will be the same price as TTK.

Also it required the entire Destiny content up to that the price of entry is higher too.

If so, I might wait for a price drop.

scoobs

Happy for my friends who love this game, but I quit long ago and this doesn't really do much for me. Wake me when Destiny 2 is announced. The way Destiny functions right now is unappealing to me in just about every way.

Boogdud

Looks like more of the same. I really liked the gameplay of Destiny, bought all of the expansions, but until they start giving me a channel of meaningful content for things that I can do (mainly duo-solo'ish content), I can't sink anymore money into it. The same thing happens in every one, I start the game, get excited, look at all the new gear/content. Do the single player missions the first couple days, wait for my cousin to wrestle the ps4 from his son, we do his story missions in co-op, try some events until we're bored of them and wish we had our old group of friends to raid and give up. If you can't raid and want cool gear you're pretty much stuck grinding "x currency" for several months and hoping to get lucky with xur. No thanks.

Nothing wrong with raiding, but there are a lot of people that never have that group of people to do content with. There needs to be other avenues that aren't grindtastic.

I thought Bungie said after The Taken King you wouldn't have to buy anymore of their expansions/content until Destiny 2.

I hope it shows up as a free download for TTK/Legendary Edition owners, otherwise Bungie and Activision have some 'splaining to do.

bwhahahahaha they never said that and they will never offer this as a free download.

It will be $40.

GlamFM

Banned
I don't want to let people down who are serious about the games they play (not saying that's always the case, but it's kind of a barrier to add someone you don't know).

That´s a non issue with Destiny. For some reason this game has a huge sherpa community.

Give it a shot, I´ll run with you and your cousin once this thing hits.

Liamc723

I play most of my games online with my cousin, and we just want to hang out and chat while playing a game for an hour or two.

We've played the shit out of the challenges, but always because we could just do matchmaking.

There's a noobie raid set up every week, it's your fault.

Liamc723

They don't have any explaining to do, they never said it would be free.

bet money that gjally is a legendary. or the exotic equivalent to a year one gjally at 170 light. great for pvp and patrol, but wont be the wrecking machine gjally once was.

I'm excited. I think the pre order bonus is just a skin that requires you to get Ghorn normally.

Also a lot of complaints about Desriny that don't seem reasonable. Bungie can't keep pushing out big expansions every other month while working on Destiny 2. Also The Division really showed how matchmaking for end game is often terrible. When people leave or don't know what they are doing it ruins the entire thing, and I don't want to spend 1 hour struggling through a raid to have someone just casually drop. I like to know that people that I'm raising with understands the time commitment and are seeking people out that are likeminded.

This will be a great expansion to hold me over for 1-2 months and then it will be time for Battlefield 1, CoD, Titanfall, Watch Dogs 2 and other great game. Bungie doesn't want Destiny to be the sole game you play.

Top Bottom