• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Trailer leak.

Foxxsoxx

I can't get over the fact that there is a new strike (singular).

To be fair, there will probably be an exclusive one to Playstation, which they always do. That being said, yeah that's not any better considering how often you replay them.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Preorder for year 2 Gjallarhorn is the most shameless offer ever :lol

...obviously I'm preordering.

Milennia

iron gjallarhorn are you fucking being serious with this...

They are just going to shit on it this time if its just a pre order bonus

eloxx

This actually looks fun. But I said that about the last expansion aswell, and never bought it.

What does it take to get back into Destiny? That would be the question.

It looks good but I really wish they would figure out how to offer more strikes.
It's not even hard.

TTK had some absolute awesome story missions that could have been easily retooled as strikes. I really can't figure out why they wouldn't do that. It just makes no sense to me.
That story mission where you fight a Oryx Wraith or whatever they are called on top of that citadel level? That would make a great Strike! But nope, it's just stuck as a story mission with crappy rewards so no reason to play it more than once!

I assume it can still drop if you don´t pre-order. Pre-ordering just gives it to you right away.

My guess is that normal Year 2 Ballerhorns will be introduced and drop normally, but the Iron Ballerhorn will always be an exclusive skin.

Trup1aya

Looks cool, but I feel like I've spent so much $ on this game and got very little in return. I'll probably never preorder anything from Bungie again... It was a nice 15 year run though!

Will revisit my feelings when Destiny 2 get shown.

GlamFM

Banned
It looks good but I really wish they would figure out how to offer more strikes.
It's not even hard.

TTK had some absolute awesome story missions that could have been easily retooled as strikes. I really can't figure out why they wouldn't do that. It just makes no sense to me.
That story mission where you fight a Oryx Wraith or whatever they are called on top of that citadel level? That would make a great Strike! But nope, it's just stuck as a story mission with crappy rewards so no reason to play it more than once!

My guess is that normal Year 2 Ballerhorns will be introduced and drop normally, but the Iron Ballerhorn will always be an exclusive skin.

Makes sense.

emrober5

This trailer just confirms for me that I am done with Destiny. It looked cool and all but I had no interest in it.

MrS

Banned
Gjallerhorn as a pre-order item LOL

Bungie are shameless. 1 strike is bullshit too.

Will prolly jump back in though if I can convince my old raid team to let me back in

E-flux

I hope that this is about the same size as the Taken king was, I originally bought my ps4 to be able to play Bloodborne but Destiny has become my most played thing on that machine. If there's not going to be new classes i hope they add a few new skills to existing ones.

Love all the Iron Banner style armor. The current Titan one is the best set in the game. Hope this expansion has similar themed pieces. Loving the snowy terrain and wolf aesthetics. Just want a cape for my Titan.

Looks promising. Hopefully it won't be priced as a full game, like TTK was.

it should be priced less for it has less content tan TKK.

But it will be the same price as TTK.

Also it required the entire Destiny content up to that the price of entry is higher too.

I thought when they said mutants they would try a little harder like the flood in Halo or something. They're just milking it now. Doubt I'll get this, try again with Destiny 2 Bunga because this looks like more of your same sub par MMO content.

The game has always shown so much promise, but never quite delivered for me as a life long MMO player. (Played for a few weeks in each expansion).

I've written about my criticism extensively in Destiny threads throughout though. So I won't go into depth here.

Top Bottom