• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Destroy All Humans! (2020) |OT| The Year of World Domination

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
Really looking forward to this. I was in love with Destroy All Humans back in the day, my child self even found enjoyment from PotF. Hoping to see 2 get this treatment afterwards.
Definitely agree with you! I didn't play the sequels but excited to see how Black Forest/THQ Nordic handles them if this sells well enough.

Which platform are you getting it for?

Reactions: Cult of FartNoise

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
Just to add to my previous post, official confirmation:

The game will be playable. Not sure if that also means we will get a new trailer with or without an attached release date, but keep an eye out!

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
It looks like they brought the same gameplay demo of the first mission in the game from last year to PAX East but I did see one of the fan pages on Twitter make another visual comparison:

You can also register to playtest the demo on March 6th for the PC PC here:

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
One thing I don't really understand is why the OT was made so far before the actual release. I'm excited nontheless.
Yeah, I figured it didn't really matter at the time, but it's my first OT and I wanted to see if others were as excited to play it. Then it just so happened to be weekly updates of new screenshots.

• Thoughtful

DonJorginho

Jan 22, 2020
I am looking forward to this game so much, my only gripe is how bad the contrast is between the OG audio and new audio.

Hopefully that is somewhat sorted out by launch!

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
I am looking forward to this game so much, my only gripe is how bad the contrast is between the OG audio and new audio.

Hopefully that is somewhat sorted out by launch!
Did they re-record the audio? I thought it was just going to be the original. They did update the graphics too. But the person playing the new build kind of sucks.

DonJorginho

Jan 22, 2020
Did they re-record the audio? I thought it was just going to be the original. They did update the graphics too. But the person playing the new build kind of sucks.
It seems like some things are remastered and re-recorded, where as other things like dialogue are just the old audio with no adjustments or mixing so they just sound kinda suspect with the buzzy audio and how it isn't clear.

Maybe it is just my ears due to me always mixing music lol!

And yeah they really suck lol.

PPIMystaceus

Jul 22, 2019
It seems like some things are remastered and re-recorded, where as other things like dialogue are just the old audio with no adjustments or mixing so they just sound kinda suspect with the buzzy audio and how it isn't clear.

Maybe it is just my ears due to me always mixing music lol!

And yeah they really suck lol.
Hopefully they're remastering all of the audio and this build just has some clips they've yet to get around to.

Pansy

Neo Member
Mar 5, 2020
This game made me laugh my ass off when I was younger--even if I didn't understand some of the wonderfully brilliant satire until I was older. I'm hyped!!

VysePSU

Gold Member
May 9, 2019
Hmm. So they increased the contrast, added bloom lighting and more detail. It looks better in some ways, mostly the extra detail to the environment, worse in others such as the lights from the saucer being too bright, in my opinion. I noticed some screen-tearing in the beginning but that will probably be fixed when they further optimize the game in time for its launch.

Last edited: