• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destroy All Humans! (2020) - The Invasion Is On July 28!

3DBox_DAH_SE.png

Destroy All Humans! is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by THQ Nordic's internal studio Black Forest Games in Germany. It is a remake of Destroy All Humans! (2005) and the first entry in the series since Path of the Furon (2008). The video game will be available on the PlayStation 4 PlayStation 4 , Xbox One Xbox One , and PC PC on July 28, 2020!

Story and Gameplay Details:

Humankind is under attack by an alien lifeform that is secretly trying to undermine US democracy, bring down its government and harvest the DNA of its citizens.

And that alien… is you.

In 1959 Cryptosporidium-137 arrives on Earth in search for his predecessor clone, Cryptosporidium-136. Crypto-136 disappeared after Orthopox-13 sent him to Earth to prepare the large scale extraction of human DNA.

Pox sends Crypto on a mission to harvest human brain stems (which contain alien DNA due to an encounter between Furon warriors and humans in ancient times) to prevent the Furons from going extinct. Furon genitalia have withered away generations ago due to prolonged exposure to their own nuclear weaponry.

To accomplish his mission, he must battle US forces, infiltrate and sabotage secret government facilities and defeat Majestic, a shadowy government organization led by a black-clad figure named Silhouette.

The invasion is on!
  • Experience the evil side of a 50s alien invasion story
  • (Re)Discover why this game is considered one of the funniest ever created
  • Faithfully rebuilt from scratch in new galactic glory
  • Enjoy Crypto's unique weaponry like the Anal Probe Gun
  • Pose as pathetic humans to infiltrate their fragile democracy
  • Use psychokinesis to send enemies flying or bombard them with random objects
  • Freely traverse explorable cities from 50s America using your jetpack
  • Obliterate humanity's primitive architecture with your flying saucer
  • Includes the restored, much-rumored, never before seen: Lost Mission of Area 42!
Official website: https://destroyallhumansgame.com/

Stay updated on the latest screenshots via Crypto-137:

Concept Art:
Concept-Art-Crypto.jpg

Concept-Art-Weapons-Crypto.jpg

Concept-Art-Weapons-Majestic.jpg

Before-After-Radar-Building.jpg

Before-After-Lous-Diner.jpg

Before-After-Funfair-Shooting-Gallery.jpg

Before-After-Farm-House.jpg
Screenshots:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-Remake-Preview-04-Tasty-Pete.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-Remake-Preview-03-Sandy-Shores.jpg

ss_b3097dd9268902c297d761638a96c7058e20089e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_11fa776dd2954650b5644f5ee31931d000aa62da.1920x1080.jpg

ss_20df107809e6439fa19e676ec6a4a6f4ea5b4bad.1920x1080.jpg

Destroy-All-Humans-02.jpg
Original vs Remake Screenshots:
EJRSv3NWoAAwSo6.jpg:large

EJ08SpOWsAA85RJ.jpg:large

ELCuNY6XsAE7YtB.jpg:large

EMLEjClU8AAxjtY.jpg:large

EN3AqxsWkAUMzQb.jpg:large

EOf3Is7WsAELeBt

EPEH81cXkAAqNmc

EPok9yFXsAAidNc

EQMukc8W4AAiFIR

Bonus GIF animation:

Cinematic Videos:

Announcement Trailer - "Ich Will"

Pre-Release Gameplay Videos:

Mission #1 Gameplay Preview - "Destination Earth"

Release Date Trailer

Special Edition Pre-Order Videos:

"DNA Collector's Edition"

Holy cow! The DNA Collector's Edition will be available at selected retailers for an SRP of € 149.99 | $ 149.99 | £ 139.99 and contain the following items:
  • Game Destroy All Humans!
  • Crypto'N'Cow Figurine 23cm / 9" high Approx.
  • Keychain
  • 6 Lithographs
  • Eye-popping anti-stress toy
  • Premium Box 35cm * 30cm * 30cm/ 14" * 12" *12" Approx
  • Including All In-Game Crypto Skins
"Crypto-137 Edition"

This unique example of human craftsmanship is brought to you by your benevolent Furon overlords! The Crypto-137 Edition will be available at selected retailers for an SRP of € 399.99 | $ 399.99 | £ 349.99 and contain the following items:
  • Game Destroy All Humans!
  • Crypto-137 Figurine* 60cm / 23" high | 30cm / 12" diagonal Approx.
  • Crypto Backpack
  • Keychain
  • 6 Lithographs
  • Eye-popping anti-stress toy
  • Premium Box 90cm * 38cm * 37* / 35" * 15" *15 Approx.
  • Including All In-Game Crypto Skins
*North hemisphere not transparent. No Brain Juice included - sorry.

Developer Interview/Behind the Scenes Videos:

"What the Remake Changes and Improves - Gamescom 2019"

New Gameplay & Developer Interview - Summer of Gaming 2020

------

As someone who replayed the original PlayStation 2 PlayStation 2 version a lot back in the day, the upcoming remake is actually my most anticipated game to play when it releases next year. I will be playing it on Steam and from what we've seen so far I think it looks amazing. Hopefully we will get a sequel or two as well.

Last edited:
Yes! I'm personally excited to disintegrate people and upgrade the UFO with different weapons.

Union Town and Capitol City will also be interesting to see again.

Stuart360

Love THQ/Nordic. Games like this didnt exist anymore a few years ago, it was pretty much AAA and Indie, with no middle ground, but THQ have really reignited the AA industry.
So many good IP's they own now as well.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Love THQ/Nordic. Games like this didnt exist anymore a few years ago, it was pretty much AAA and Indie, with no middle ground, but THQ have really reignited the AA industry. So many good IP's they own now as well.

I love THQ Nordic as well. Thus far, they have given me Battle Chasers Nightwar (8.0/10), Darksiders III (8.5/10) and Metro Exodus (8.5/10) with Darksiders Genesis, Biomutant, Desperados III and via Deep Silver, are publishing Wasteland 3.

Must also add Focus Home Interactive as well because they have given me three games - Vampyr, A Plague Tale: Innocence and GreedFall - all of which were an 8.5/10 for me. Only negative is that there's nothing future wise thus far for me from them but I am hoping for Vampyr 2 next gen.

Both combined and individually are great for AA gaming.

EDIT: I'm hoping THQ Nordic acquires 4A Games and Airship Syndicate at some point. Dream acquisition would be Techland.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first game was so mechanically unique and creative, and the sequel was even better. An early ps2 open world game that had with telekinesis, ragdoll physics, jetpacks, time stopping, bodysnatching and flying saucers set in the 50's and the 60's. Could there possibly be a better combination than that?

The remake looks a bit off though, I hope it doesn't make the same mistakes as the third game. That one basically killed the franchise, even before the studio itself went bellyup.

New tweet from Crypto teases a brief look at Union Town (0:24) and Area 42 (0:27).

That just leaves Capitol City which I'm sure they'll show off closer to release.

Otherwise, some older tweets compare the remake with the original.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
Awesome. I worship the previous games. Let me have some more please. Day 1 (and onto my gigantic backlog you go. but I will play you, eventually)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So much more detail. I like it.

EN3AqxsWkAUMzQb.jpg:large

Also thought I would clean up the OP a little by putting the art, screenshots etc. into spoiler tags.

Looks like a remarkable improvement - but it still feels like it is a bit last gen. Regardless, I am so hyped to buy the game and replay it for the first time since it released!

Yeah, I know it could look a little better graphically but seeing the gameplay has me super excited to play Destroy All Humans again. However, it does look really good in certain scenes like the sunset when the cop confuses Crypto's UFO for a new silo.

It should also be interesting to see the new mission in Area 42. I can already see myself free-roaming all six large maps like I used to back in the day after completing the story.

One thing I've noticed is the comparison GIF during the mission "Citizen Crypto" is set during the day in this remake instead of at night (when you disguise yourself as the mayor of Rockwell and hold a speech in front of the crowd). I remember in the original that the levels always had a set time of day.

Last edited:
I don't remember where I first read it but I had it in my head that the remake would be out early 2020 when all we've really seen about the release date was just the year 2020. I'm hoping it'll be Spring or Summer 2020.

This is a screengrab of Santa Modesta taken from the short clip we saw a couple weeks ago. Definitely a noticeable difference in the graphics in this comparison.

EOuRIvRWoAA7e0m

EOuRIvkX0AAG5qh

Should be interesting to see what the power suit soldiers look like in the remake too.

EMaOgPRWoAgrhCj

Last edited:
New screenshot comparison on the official Crypto Twitter page.

EPEH81cXkAAqNmc

I like how you can better see your character model when disguised as a human this time around.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this. I hope this and Spongebob Rehydrated are successful for THQNordic so we will get more remakes on down the line.

My vote goes for the original Red Faction next.
It's interesting because like this remake, Rehydrated will also feature cut content from the original.

As for Red Faction, I actually played the original last year. It was a fun shooter and kind of mind-blowing to me that it had such detailed destructibility.

How was the first game? I might buy it for my bro
Pretty good, in my opinion. It plays like an open world GTA but separated into six large levels or "invasion sites" with varied environments and you use different alien weapons that you unlock to better destroy humans on-foot or while piloting your saucer. You can also pick up and throw people and objects and read the minds of NPCs (townspeople, police, military, scientists etc) or use your own mind, if not the anal probe gun, to extract their brains.

The story is about 10 to 15 hours but much longer if you enjoy freeroaming the different levels after completing missions and disguising yourself as a human, causing destruction, and then doing your best to escape (without immediately returning to the mothership). I think it's a fun gameplay loop and there's a good sense of progression as you upgrade your abilities and weapons and become stronger.

The 1950s America setting and humorous dialogue from the NPCs when you read their minds are also entertaining. I would say if you're into aliens and UFOs and find the older alien invasion movies amusing that you'll really enjoy Destroy All Humans!

Yep. I would love to see a new trailer and a release date. It shouldn't be too long now assuming they plan to release the remake within the first half of the year.

The levels must have more than one time of day depending on the mission this time around since that's another comparison of Santa Modesta with different lighting. I wonder if this means we can choose whether to invade mid-day, evening or night for any of the six levels during free-roam?

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I’m so looking forward to this, but nowhere is telling me a concrete release date other than December? They can’t be right can it...? 😭

I’m so looking forward to this, but nowhere is telling me a concrete release date other than December? They can’t be right can it...? 😭
We don't know the exact release date yet, only that it's coming out this year. If we take "just in time for its 15th anniversary" literally then possibly June 2020 but we won't know for sure probably until they release the second trailer.

Top Bottom