• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction AllStars Delayed to Feb; Now Launching on PS+

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like another last minute Sony Driveclub.

Game is supposed to be on store shelves in two weeks, yet it turns out they never pressed discs or shipped them to stores so the retailers could get ready for launch.

They knew this delay would happen months ago, yet told gamers now.

Wonder if they are moving the format over to a Fortnite type model or if they will release the whole game. Game looks like it could be a lot of fun with an established community.

Gloomnivore

I still know so little about this game. A new IP, not much shown of it and a $70 asking price? Take away Miles Morales, Demon’s Souls and Sack Boy from the PS5 launch and I still wouldn’t have taken a chance on preordering it.

the_master

A game that maybe would not have had many players and fame now has a chance to be played by many and prove its worth.

I was doubting about this game and now I will play it for sure! (Not to sure about the multiplayer focus, would love a single player Destruction Derby)

INC

Sweet if free on ps+ means I'll actually get to play it

Lol that its delayed tho, so that mean sony and ms have the same amount of launch titles now then?

Esca

This is the best outcome imo. This game needs players and this makes sure it happens. I hope the actual game is good.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Super Funny indeed

For being such a warrior you apparently don’t know dick about your beloved Xbox.

you need a live gold subscription to play games with gold. You only never needed it for 360 games..
Get the fuck out of here

Hmm, well you learn something new every day, never had a reason to find this out, have been a subscriber now for years.
Regardless, the game still isn't free, it's like saying watching the Mandalorian on Disney plus is free, pretty sure I pay for that every month.
The game looks fun though, doubt I will play it until you can buy it for $20, no interest in PS+ whatsoever.

only game I pre-ordered cuz I spent all my money on PS5 :messenger_sad_relieved:
(and I love car combat games)
I don't get the hate for this game. graphically looks good, has car destruction and it's a car combat game.
what, a game can't have colorful characters because Fortnite has them ?
this studio made a free-to-play game on ps4 called Switchblade which I like. has a platinum trophy.
also a car combat game with like 20 cars and each car has 4 perks.
but it sucks that it has only one map

well, guess I'll buy Godfall or Sackboy now

Vawn

Banned
Smart move. Rocket League went from a game hardly anyone knew about with the first game on PS3, to one of the biggest games in the industry because it originally launched as a PS+ game.

Nymphae

Banned
I wonder if they will increase the monthly games then for PS5? Like is it going to be 2 PS4 games and a PS5 game each month?

Ah, this could explain why they haven't shown shit from the game. Hopefully the final game is a microtransaction hellhole to make up for development + upkeep costs.

ItsPhil

Neo Member
I was just thinking about just this thing the other day, that this game would fit really nice as a PS+ game at the beginning of Ps5s life, sad about the delay but this reminds me alot about what happened to DriveClub and i really enjoyed that game when it was released!
This game was on my list but not day one so being apart of PS+ i belive will only benefit this game :D See you on the tracks in Feb!

Aion002

Sweet if free on ps+ means I'll actually get to play it

Lol that its delayed tho, so that mean sony and ms have the same amount of launch titles now then?

Excluding already released on last gen titles:

PS5 has 16 launch games.

6 Sony studios games.

Xbox Series has 9 games.

1 Xbox studios.

Reactions: INC

N30RYU

"will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus" what does it actually mean?
Will the game be yours forever if you redeem it in that two months and keep the PS+ subscription?? or the game is only free this two months?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
"will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus" what does it actually mean?
Will the game be yours forever if you redeem it in that two months and keep the PS+ subscription?? or the game is only free this two months?

Unless they are changing how PS+ works you should own the game for the lifetime of your PS+ sub.

McCheese

Smart move on behalf of Sony, 2-month trial for plus members is a little strange - they must be confident the game will have enough legs that folks won't try it then ditch it by the end of that period.

N30RYU

Unless they are changing how PS+ works you should own the game for the lifetime of your PS+ sub.
is the wording of that sentence that is odd... "We’ve decided to move the game’s release from November 2020 to February 2021, where it will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus at no additional cost." they could have said that you have two months to add the game to your library... the way they said it looks like the game after this two months won't free anymore... like if they give us a two month free trial for the game to PS+ users, and after it you have to buy it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
is the wording of that sentence that is odd... "We’ve decided to move the game’s release from November 2020 to February 2021, where it will be included for two months in PlayStation Plus at no additional cost." they could have said that you have two months to add the game to your library... the way they said it looks like the game after this two months won't free anymore... like if they give us a two month free trial for the game to PS+ users, and after it you have to buy it.
We'll see I guess.

I get why people are thinking it's only a 2 month window but wouldn't that be a first for PS+ games?

Top Bottom