• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction AllStars. So we're supposed to pre-order this without any real understanding of the gameplay?

This game is a launch title, and we haven't really seen anything from it other than this trailer, have we?

Are we racing? Is it a demolition derby? Is it about survival? Are there stunts involved? Are there points involved like a sport? Do you need a car to win? Can you carjack other players? Is there a story campaign? Does it only have online modes? Does it have a variety of environments, or do all the arenas pretty much look the same? Do the characters or cars control differently or have different abilities? Are there weapons? Are there weapon pickups? How many players are in each match? Is there just one gameplay mode, or are there lots of different game types?

Exactly what is this game? I can't remember a time when I had so little understanding of a launch title that's only a couple months from release. Is this going to be the next Rocket League, or is it going to be the next Rocket Arena? Does anyone think they understand what this game is, or is it just me who feels lost here?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I liked the trailer, but $70?

3QGU.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

This game is a launch title, and we haven't really seen anything from it other than this trailer, have we?

Are we racing? Is it a demolition derby? Is it about survival? Are there stunts involved? Are there points involved like a sport? Do you need a car to win? Can you carjack other players? Is there a story campaign? Does it only have online modes? Does it have a variety of environments, or do all the arenas pretty much look the same? Do the characters or cars control differently or have different abilities? Are there weapons? Are there weapon pickups? How many players are in each match? Is there just one gameplay mode, or are there lots of different game types?

Exactly what is this game? I can't remember a time when I had so little understanding of a launch title that's only a couple months from release. Is this going to be the next Rocket League, or is it going to be the next Rocket Arena? Does anyone think they understand what this game is, or is it just me who feels lost here?

I don't believe you're "supposed" to pre-order it. You can if you want.

Tranquil

Copy/pasta from wiki.

Destruction AllStars is an upcoming vehicular combat game developed by Lucid Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is set to be released for the PlayStation 5 on November 12, 2020.[1][2]

The game was announced on June 11, 2020 at the PlayStation 5 reveal event.[3] It was revealed to be a launch title on a blog post on September 16, 2020.[4]

Destruction AllStars
Developer(s) Lucid Games
Publisher(s) Sony Interactive Entertainment (as PlayStation Studios)
Platform(s) PlayStation 5
Release

NA: November 12, 2020
AU: November 12, 2020
JP: November 12, 2020
WW: November 19, 2020

Genre(s) Vehicular combat
Mode(s) Single-player

Grinchy

Banned
I had no idea it was a launch game. I was intrigued by the June showing, but the fact that they've gone quiet about a game that releases on launch day isn't inspiring much confidence in me.

Camreezie

Copy/pasta from wiki.

Destruction AllStars is an upcoming vehicular combat game developed by Lucid Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is set to be released for the PlayStation 5 on November 12, 2020.[1][2]

The game was announced on June 11, 2020 at the PlayStation 5 reveal event.[3] It was revealed to be a launch title on a blog post on September 16, 2020.[4]

Destruction AllStars
Developer(s) Lucid Games
Release

Mode(s) Single-player
Just single player? Wat

I don't believe you're "supposed" to pre-order it. You can if you want.

Okay "we're being asked" to pre-order it, then. Sony feels the amount of information they've released is acceptable promotion for a launch title, then. That's what I'm really getting at.

Mode(s) Single-player

It's a SINGLE PLAYER game? There really isn't multiplayer for this title? That has to be wrong.

N30RYU

80€ for this is a joke.

with that game prices ppl will be a lot more selective on what to buy... and this must be an easy pass for everyone.

With Miles and Demon's Souls practically none will buy this game...

Even ppl will probably pass from Cyberpunk and wait till 2021 for the proper nextgen update.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Looks like a mix of twisted metal meets rocket league with unic 3rd person heroes gameplay mixed in.

What was difficult to get from the trailer?

Antwix

Looks like something I would play off ps plus for free. 70 is lol bad
Yeah seriously. The first time I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be a free to play game with cosmetic mtx shit in it. but holy fuck. $70.....

I bet this game would be a success if they released it with a $20-$30 price tag.

Last edited:
Just to piss you OP, i've preordered it. Just because i can and have the money for.

So now what?

Are gonna run crying to your mum?
Aren't you adult enought to decide what you want or not, what choices need to be done or not?
Are you a 3 years old trap in a 50 body?
You don't like, it hurts you, don't spend time posting on the net, do something with your life.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Unknown?

Copy/pasta from wiki.

Destruction AllStars
Developer(s) Lucid Games
Release

Mode(s) Single-player
So it's like Twisted Metal??

Kokoloko85

Looks fun but no.

Sony could of invested in Jak n Daxter 4 instead of lame ass Sackboy and this title... Bigger name, better game and will sell way better than these 2 combined....

Everyone should get use to paying $70 for video games, does it suck? Yea, kind of but shit goes up in price. Somehow videogames have been nearly inflation proof for years and years. I'll wait for more footage of this game, but I've seen people go all in on games that have shown less than what we've seen from this game... sometimes you just get a feeling :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Everyone should get use to paying $70 for video games, does it suck? Yea, kind of but shit goes up in price. Somehow videogames have been nearly inflation proof for years and years. I'll wait for more footage of this game, but I've seen people go all in on games that have shown less than what we've seen from this game... sometimes you just get a feeling :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I don't think anyone's gonna get used to it. I think people will cut back on purchases.

Pejo

Do you guys feel like the 70 dollar thing is just getting a soft pass in the media eye? Granted the 60 dollar game lasted a long time, given inflation, but you'd think you'd see bigger waves about this nearly everywhere. Yet you see everyone hee and haw about the one-time cost of a console being 599 instead of 499 like it's an absolute barrier for the masses.

Especially places like Canada/Europe/Australia/Brazil, they're getting totally fucked on localized prices.

What was difficult to get from the trailer?

Okay then, please answer the questions I listed in the OP.
Just to piss you OP, i've preordered it. Just because i can and have the money for.

So now what?

Are gonna run crying to your mum?
Aren't you adult enought to decide what you want or not, what choices need to be done or not?
Are you a 3 years old trap in a 50 body?
You don't like, it hurts you, don't spend time posting on the net, do something with your life.

I am when I have something to go on. Usually before a game releases, I have have a pretty good understanding of just what the game is, even if I can't tell how good it will be. Here we don't even have that. It feels like Sony either isn't adequately promoting this game, or they have something to hide. Then again, it could be a really good game. I have no idea. Good luck with your purchase, though. I hope it turns out to be fun.

Twinblade

Do you guys feel like the 70 dollar thing is just getting a soft pass in the media eye? Granted the 60 dollar game lasted a long time, given inflation, but you'd think you'd see bigger waves about this nearly everywhere. Yet you see everyone hee and haw about the one-time cost of a console being 599 instead of 499 like it's an absolute barrier for the masses.

Especially places like Canada/Europe/Australia/Brazil, they're getting totally fucked on localized prices.

Haven't we been paying $60 for half finished, DLC day 1 bull crap games anyways?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Haven't we been paying $60 for half finished, DLC day 1 bull crap games anyways?
The closer you get to $100, you'll hit a psychological reference point where lots of people will suddenly realize this is way too much money. $70 games + tax is hitting that point. I think you'll see lots of impulse purchases drop off a cliff. Top selling masterpiece games maybe can command that price, but tons of people are just going to wait for sales on nearly everything now.

And this isn't counting special editions or season passes or MTNs.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

It was included as part of my gamestop order, so I pre-ordered it (only to be returned or resold later).

The closer you get to $100, you'll hit a psychological reference point where lots of people will suddenly realize this is way too much money. $70 games + tax is hitting that point. I think you'll see lots of impulse purchases drop off a cliff. Top selling masterpiece games maybe can command that price, but tons of people are just going to wait for sales on nearly everything now.

And this isn't counting special editions or season passes or MTNs.

Yep. I said right when I heard about the higher prices, this is just going to make me buy way fewer games at launch. Honestly, I have to wonder if publishers will really be making more money with these prices or not.

Last edited:
Okay "we're being asked" to pre-order it, then. Sony feels the amount of information they've released is acceptable promotion for a launch title, then. That's what I'm really getting at.

No one asked you to pre-order anything either. If you feel like the offer Sony is presenting isn't convincing enough, don't buy it, it's that simple.

JFC, how old are you? Your complaint is something I would expect from a child.

I think it looks good, but single player only and 70bucks will be the nail in the coffin. The concept of getting ejected out of your car and trying to still win/survive sounds intriguing

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Have you played the game? So it's a piece of shit because the game is $70? Ok.

No because the graphics and gameplay is not a enough to give this price.

If you ask me... If Sony Give Gravity rush 2 for 70$ dollars... i give 90$ without problem because it deserve it.

Last edited:

John Day

No, to answer your question, you don’t. Wait till more info is available to make your informed decision.

Easy peasy.

spawn

I don't think we are required to pre-order anything. You could just wait for reviews before purchasing

Top Bottom