• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid "Call of Duty Ghosts performs smoothly on Xbox One"

nynt9

image.php

LycanXIII

Isnt destructoid basically rev 3 games, where Sessler was doing an interview today with Phil spenser? I dunno...its been reported lagged across all platforms.

Nope. Rev3 hosted the Destructoid Show, but that's the only connection they have.

antitrop

TotalBiscuit actually has 2 Titans, but he had to disable one because enabling SLI causes texture flickering, lol. IW has no idea what they're doing.

Mrbob

While I enjoyed having a laugh at 720p XB1 jokes, I will always take fps over resolution. I assumed PS4 would run at 1080p60 locked, but I guess not.

PC version with dual titans can't hold a steady frame rate at 1080P on ultra settings. Good luck with that locked frame rate on any platform.

Mononoke

Banned
What does it say about the game if it runs worse on a system that is easier to develop for and has better specs? Honestly, I could care less about the companies behind each system. I just know physically, the PS4 is a better built system. Had Xbox One had the same exact build, I would have gotten an Xbox One (the same way I got an OG Xbox and 360).

I go where the better value for my money is. So I don't care about the company, but the system itself. If the PS4 really runs the game worse, then what does that say about Infinity Ward? That literally makes no sense.

"Given the rumored specs for both systems, can anyone conceive of a circumstance or decision one platform holder could make, where despite the theoretical performance benchmarks of the components, the box that appears “weaker” could actually be more powerful?"

Albert Penello I'm sorry =(

Nerokis

But the thread itself is pointless.

Xbox One version sure does look smooth.

Except it's BS. Every version of this game doesn't run smoothly at all.

Okay, so are people not allowed to post game impressions that run contrary to loosely established "facts"? What relevance does the OP's personal bias have to the actual article?The X1 and PS4 versions of the game aren't even out yet, and a GIF posted with no context hardly proves the Destructoid writer wrong.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1) The premise of the article is weak. He played one multiplayer match.
2) I do not take technical advice from people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.
3) Anyone who says "solid 60 fps" and Call of Duty is, usually, a momo.
4) I FUCKIN' LOVE PUGS

That, thread derailers, is how you trash a crap article.

Next person to troll the OP with garbage will be banned until Xbox Two comes out.

I think we should wait until the DF comparison comes out before making any judgement calls. That being said, the performance of this game on a bleeding edge PC being what it is doesn't give much hope for the XB1 version.

KHarvey16

If it's generally agreed that the game runs like shit everywhere, doesn't that suggest that using it as a proxy for determining any particular system's capabilities is flawed?

2) I do not take technical advice from people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.
4) I FUCKIN' LOVE PUGS

Next person to troll the OP with garbage will be banned until Xbox Two comes out.

Laughed really hard at Xbox Two.

FordGTGuy

Banned

I agree that the premise is kinda weak based on a single match but it's the most we have as far as impressions on Xbox One COD: Ghosts multiplayer. Also I don't think he said he couldn't see the difference as much as the difference didn't really matter to him because he was happy to see it was running smoothly after hearing about framerate issues.

I think all we've really learned in the past two weeks is that IW made a game strung together with duct tape more than any actual info about any of the systems.

surprised no one got ban. Y2Kev is really nice

anyways meh the video that was posted earlier say over wise and he only play one match
and even if the game run better on the xbox one, so what. IW really did dropped the ball on this game.

4) I FUCKIN' LOVE PUGS

Well said.

BigDug13

I agree that the premise is kinda weak based on a single match but it's the most we have as far as impressions on Xbox One COD: Ghosts multiplayer. Also I don't think he said he couldn't see the difference as much as the difference didn't really matter to him because he was happy to see it was running smoothly after hearing about framerate issues.

Well here's what we know. This is one article after limited time with a multiplayer match. On the PS4 we know about framerate issues because of actual game reviews of hours worth of game experience in both single player and multiplayer.

I need to see some XBO receipts before I can emphatically say one way or the other on this.

The strict embargo still in effect doesn't give me the warmest of fuzzies though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I'm looking at a video of it dropping frames. Like, with my eyes. I am not confident in this player's ability to assess the framerate in 1 match.

I'll just wait for the DF comparison.

legacyzero

Banned
4) I FUCKIN' LOVE PUGS

I love how Kev locks and reopens threads. He did that once for me when a thread I created got derailed. Thanks Kev!

Also, that would suck to catch a "comfortably 10 year" ban.

Sophia

I think the fact that there exists YouTube footage where the framerate drops can be seen is pretty good indication that Mr. Sheehy either doesn't have an idea of what qualifies as "smoothly", or is being deliberately obtuse.

Safe to say the game is just an unoptimized piece of junk no matter what platform you play it on, and probably shouldn't be used as a barometer for console performance.

FordGTGuy

Banned
surprised no one got ban. Y2Kev is really nice

anyways meh the video that was posted earlier say over wise and he only play one match
and even if the game run better on the xbox one, so what. IW really did dropped the ball on this game.

I don't trust that video or GIF as that is trying to prove that it lags whenever he looks left or right which the article writers should have clearly seen without a problem even in a single match.

Atlas157

Okay, so are people not allowed to post game impressions that run contrary to loosely established "facts"? What relevance does the OP's personal bias have to the actual article?The X1 and PS4 versions of the game aren't even out yet, and a GIF posted with no context hardly proves the Destructoid writer wrong.

It's not like the Youtube video of Ghosts on XB1 shows dips below 30fps or anything like that.

I don't trust that video or GIF as that is trying to prove that it lags whenever he looks left or right which the article writers should have clearly seen without a problem even in a single match.

So in your face footage of the game dropping frames isn't proof enough? It's not like some journalists do damage control for their favorite system or anything like that, noooo.

Careful, you're heading in the same direction as MisterXMedia.

Alchemy

When you push half the pixels the PS4 version does, I would hope you could run "smoothly", not that it appears to be true.

We're using gifs now to judge framerates? Seriously?

Gifs of a site with a 30 FPS cap known to introduce stuttering to videos no less! Certainly wouldn't doubt it having issues though given the performance on the PC and PS4.

If you want to play Ghosts at 60 FPS Microsoft has a console for that!

Top Bottom