Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

Jan 7, 2012
NC
The controller bits are all legit. Including the speaker that will be used for some neat things. Most importantly is that it feels great in your hands and the triggers and d-pad are perfect. Analog has no dead zones which kills the DS3 automatically for shooters alone with that fact. Every game should control better with this pad.

Can't say anything on the dev kit though.
So we have triggers and tighter sticks. OK Sony, make this beast BC and I'm jumping ship.

Jun 8, 2011
The features on this controller look amazing. Voice chat coming through the controller instead of the speakers when you don't have a mic plugged in, the simple and small touchscreen and that doesn't take up too much space, 3.5 headphone jack. Improved triggers. Sony is ready to knock this out of the park. Take me with you, Sony.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oct 29, 2006
The weird stick ridge looks a lot more useable with the new angle. You can definitely tell it's a lot more ergonomic easier than in the first shot.

Is it just me or do the face buttons look significantly more raised than on the DS3?

Jan 7, 2012
NC
So I'm looking at this thing and thinking of cross-play with the Vita. Then I think about that Tear-away game that requires a mic. Holy shit I think that might be a mic, not a speaker in the middle.

Jan 22, 2010
So I'm looking at this thing and thinking of cross-play with the Vita. Then I think about that Tear-away game that requires a mic. Holy shit I think that might be a mic, not a speaker in the middle.
I was just considering that after seeing the PSEYE photo...

If that is it's purpose, then I hope the system comes bundled with a headset. Otherwise I can't wait for other devs to add tacky noises to it. :p

Feb 26, 2007
I hope they rubberise the analogue sticks mind, unless they already are but just not visible in the pic. All it needs now is proper triggers for L2/R2 and it's a home run!

EDIT: If the grill is a Mic, that would be amazing! Cut out the need for a separate headset altogether. Just hope the controller isn't too expensive. Traditionally I buy multiple controllers for every console I own.