• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

Paint it matt black and sell it me as is.

Not sure about the pad though, looks a bit... off. Is that a speaker grille under the touchpad?

There should be a touch screen instead of the touch pad. Touch screen is much more useful for typing and menu navigation. Sony cheapened out on a very important element here imo, even though a touch screen would cost them $5.

Are those Concave sticks? Oh baby.

Sony, you're very very close to getting me to jump off of the Microsoft ship next-gen. (In large part due to Microsoft themselves, though) Blow me away on the 20th and you'll complete my defection.

1ycdanB.jpg

For all the people who says that it looks cheap. Prototypes don't look like final hardware
That was from more than a year before launch, this is around 6 months out, it's likely incredibly close to the final product except for any cosmetic changes such as the finish.

Takuya

Banned
Wonder if there is some sort of display underneath that touchpad. It doesn't seem to be the same as the back Vita pad at all.

khaaan

Not a fan of the speakers but once they clean up the design it should make a fine DS4 or whatever they want to call it.

BadWolf

Interesting, if they have a Move like thing on the controller for tracking then the console really will come with the PS Eye packed in.

looks awesome, beefy and D-pad looks dope, the sticks has a dip in it now so your finger can rest in them w/o slipping ...i like it

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Are the metallic box and the back box on top of it connected? I would assume so due to the appearance of the black box.

The controller looks quite nice but is probably not, as been pointed out several times already, a finalized design. It looks simple enough and all the buttons I want are there.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks small and ugly, which is typical of dev kit controllers. Is that a screen or just a touch pad?

Touchpad for sure I think.

Interesting that it seems to wrap up around the top, but maybe that's just prototype messiness.

Hopefully it is clickable.

Cornbread78

yes, more grip around the rim of the thumbsticks..... perfect for KZ4 and MW4... a D-Pad like my VITA.... very nice...

I'm liking it so far...Lets see it in action.

Top Bottom