• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid: PS4 controller prototype & devkit photo, [Up: New Photo/Info In OP]

Perkel

Banned
ibnehIkTQileuV.jpg

3.5 jack confirmed . IMO FUCK YEAH

deadlast

The controller bits are all legit. Including the speaker that will be used for some neat things. Most importantly is that it feels great in your hands and the triggers and d-pad are perfect. Analog has no dead zones which kills the DS3 automatically for shooters alone with that fact. Every game should control better with this pad.

Can't say anything on the dev kit though.

So we have triggers and tighter sticks. OK Sony, make this beast BC and I'm jumping ship.

Nestunt

Is this old?

I still would like to see the real or at least the potencial use of that touch surface

I do not own a Wii U but at least I can see such big touch surface having some potencial for creative designers

in this case, it is so small that you really have to be creative (thats what she said... sorry)

Robot Pants

The features on this controller look amazing. Voice chat coming through the controller instead of the speakers when you don't have a mic plugged in, the simple and small touchscreen and that doesn't take up too much space, 3.5 headphone jack. Improved triggers. Sony is ready to knock this out of the park. Take me with you, Sony.

Interesting to see the headphone jack. I love that on the Wii U, and am glad that the idea didn't die with the first console to do it (Panasonic 3DO).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The weird stick ridge looks a lot more useable with the new angle. You can definitely tell it's a lot more ergonomic easier than in the first shot.

Is it just me or do the face buttons look significantly more raised than on the DS3?

nib95

Banned
Even better from this angle. Far more ergonomic looking! Big improvement over the DS3 imo, what looks to be slightly longer palm handles too.

original.jpg

deadlast

So I'm looking at this thing and thinking of cross-play with the Vita. Then I think about that Tear-away game that requires a mic. Holy shit I think that might be a mic, not a speaker in the middle.

Paertan

That controller looks great. Standard 3.5 mm plug is awesome =) Any mobile phone headset should work if it is a 3 channel plug.

Mad_Ban

So I'm looking at this thing and thinking of cross-play with the Vita. Then I think about that Tear-away game that requires a mic. Holy shit I think that might be a mic, not a speaker in the middle.

I was just considering that after seeing the PSEYE photo...

If that is it's purpose, then I hope the system comes bundled with a headset. Otherwise I can't wait for other devs to add tacky noises to it. :p

nib95

Banned
I hope they rubberise the analogue sticks mind, unless they already are but just not visible in the pic. All it needs now is proper triggers for L2/R2 and it's a home run!

EDIT: If the grill is a Mic, that would be amazing! Cut out the need for a separate headset altogether. Just hope the controller isn't too expensive. Traditionally I buy multiple controllers for every console I own.

Top Bottom