• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Details of Forza 6 Porsche expansion leak via Amazon

danowat

Banned
20 is a bit disappointing considering the porsche pack for FM4 had 30 in it, but there is also a track in this pack, so....

Gestault

Is there a chance the new track is actually just debuting alongside the Porche pack? Meaning free addition. The new tracks being free add-ons (partly to not split online) was a thing through all the Forza 5 content.

Unless there's some connection between the track and the Porche brand itself. Which I don't know either way.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Is there a chance the new track is actually just debuting alongside the Porche pack? Meaning free addition. The new tracks being free add-ons (partly to not split online) was a thing through all the Forza 5 content.

The free tracks for F5 were just part of their goodwill tour after the microtransaction woes and little content in terms of tracks in the game. Originally there was a plan to sell tracks as part of a second season pass in addition to the car pass. But that changed when they were forced to change the economy of the game.

Is there a chance the new track is actually just debuting alongside the Porche pack? Meaning free addition. The new tracks being free add-ons (partly to not split online) was a thing through all the Forza 5 content

I think it's likely to be the case, makes no sense to divide the online playerbase.

A new campaign? Nice

I don't know if I will ever get to this, or buy it, though, because I haven't even finished the core game and don't know if I will. I like it, but I only play racing sims from time to time and I'm sure it'll get quite challenging near the end.

I beat both Forza Horizon games thoroughly, but have never finished a mainline one.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It was always coming, but I wonder why Porsche is always held back in Fora games?

Because EA owns the exclusive rights to the Porsche license.

If anyone else wants to use them in a game, they have to get permission/pay EA.

LoveCake

Oh I see, looks like a bad decision on Porsche's part then, I bet they would make more money if they licensed individually so they could keep all the money for themselves, I wonder when the license runs out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh I see, looks like a bad decision on Porsche's part then, I bet they would make more money if they licensed individually so they could keep all the money for themselves, I wonder when the license runs out.

Supposedly some time this year, but who knows.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...tting-dark-and-wet-in-a-world-first-hands-on/

and Porsche will be back, too, although not until 2016—Electronic Arts still has an exclusive license for the German sports car maker until then. Negotiations between Turn 10 and EA are going well, we're told, evinced a couple of weeks ago by the arrival of a Porsche DLC pack for Forza Horizon 2.

Mascot

20 would be quite disappointing as it's not nearly enough to cover a manufacturer with such heritage and history. It's also strange because BADNED had mentioned in the past that there would be more Porsche than in the Expansion Pack from FM4.

Also, "only" 9 brand new to Xbox One from the 20. this means, we'd either be loosing one of Horizon's Porsche or one is getting updated to a newer spec (my bet would be on the later with the Cayman being upgraded to the GT4 spec)

The 919 and 356 would be two of those 9 brand new. I suppose we'd see the return of the 962, 911 GT1, 550 Spyder, at least one 911 (991) RSR. That would already leave only two spots for new-to-Xbox One models. Surely, they have to be the 917 and 935 with the focus on Can-Am and Group 5 we've seen in the game...
I think Magnus Walker's #277 will be one of them, according to the EVO scan I posted last year.

Anion

Please have the 2015/2016 (idk which year) Spider and the GT4 as well as the classic 550 and throw in a cayman R while your at it. Pls

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I was hoping for more cars in the pack, but Virgina International Raceway, home to Car and Driver's annual Lightning Lap competition, is a pretty good addition.

$20 sounds reasonable, I'll get it.

LoveCake

Season pass ends in February.

February!?

That has come around quick, getting the cars in the garage are a boon, but I have nothing to spend my £34m on I wonder if they will accept £20m for the Porsche pack?

The issue I have with the late releases of the Porsche pack is that I have usually done most if not all the races that the top end of the Porsche range will be able to compete in, it is the same with Forza Horizion 2, I had completed the first around the country race months before the Porsche pack was released, with Forza Motorsport 6 though I have held off some of the race & hypercar events so I can use the Porsche's when they come out.

MouldyK

February!?

That has come around quick, getting the cars in the garage are a boon, but I have nothing to spend my £34m on I wonder if they will accept £20m for the Porsche pack?

The issue I have with the late releases of the Porsche pack is that I have usually done most if not all the races that the top end of the Porsche range will be able to compete in, it is the same with Forza Horizion 2, I had completed the first around the country race months before the Porsche pack was released, with Forza Motorsport 6 though I have held off some of the race & hypercar events so I can use the Porsche's when they come out.

They'll be an extra 48 Porsche Events (I assume they mean Races, but if each event is 1-4 Races long, I won't complain) though. So you will be able to use them there.

Fox Mulder

Which is dumb, as EA only releases forgettable need for speed games now. It at least made some sense when they were making the Shift games.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Which is dumb, as EA only releases forgettable need for speed games now. It at least made some sense when they were making the Shift games.

Microsoft owns the exclusive Ferrari license, only difference is they outsell it to everyone who wants it, EA does not.

Nice, I don't know VIR although it was featured in a Top Gear repeat last night, still no Japanese tracks :/ and I'm liking the way the majority of Forza drives these days so I'm looking forward to Porsche.

Top Bottom