• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macka

What do you mean they ignored Emerald? The put in the Episode Delta part in ORAS. They aren't going to make a third version.
Obviously they aren't going to make a third version of ORAS - the person you quoted is hoping that if they remake Diamond & Pearl, they don't ignore all of the improvements Platinum had over the original D/P.

Unlike HeartGold and SoulSilver (which added all of the improvements Crystal brought to the table), Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire all but ignored the tweaks Emerald made to Gen III. Considering Emerald was a vast step up over the original Ruby & Sapphire, it was really disappointing imo. Platinum is even more of an improvement to Gen IV than Emerald was to Gen III, so it would be downright criminal to ignore it again.

aadiboy

You guys think D/P remakes are going to be in gen 7? I think it would make more sense to move to a new system and release them in gen 8. It would follow the release schedule of ORAS as well, which skipped gen 5 and instead released in gen 6 on the 3DS.

Obviously they aren't going to make a third version of ORAS - the person you quoted is hoping that if they remake Diamond & Pearl, they don't ignore all of the improvements Platinum had over the original D/P.

Unlike HeartGold and SoulSilver (which added all of the improvements Crystal brought to the table), Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire all but ignored the tweaks Emerald made to Gen III. Considering Emerald was a vast step up over the original Ruby & Sapphire, it was really disappointing imo. Platinum is even more of an improvement to Gen IV than Emerald was to Gen III, so it would be downright criminal to ignore it again.

Yeah, as somebody who L O V E D Platinum and thought Diamond/Pearl were just okay, I would be very upset of the D/P remakes weren't effectively dual remakes of Platinum.

Splatoon 2 will be the subject of the direct. It'll be this Friday.

It's an educated guess with some info to back it up.
Yes, YES!

There will likely be only one ranked mode at launch, so we need detials on which one it is or if its a new one.

Splatoon makes no sense at all. It should be ARMS getting a direct.
i agree with this tho. But if its Splatoon 2 direct I will gladly take it since it'll probably be my GOTY since its Splatoon on a portable.

DMONKUMA

hqdefault.jpg

At this point I don't really care about the Direct being real or not. I just want the E3 plans so my hype can kick into the next gear. 📈

The week isn't even up...

I was never one to believe unquestionably that we would hear something this week, but at least give it until closer to the end before throwing in the towel and making your definitive statements...

Y'all are being fickle.

We feel great, it's other people who seem to get really upset at this.
Yeah we're good. I find it funny the people who keep bringing up "it's NX all over again". They seem more worried about bringing that up over and over when this is nothing like that because we know E3 is 5 weeks away.

BaasRed

Banned
pokéfan;236327535 said:
Excited, we know something is coming, whether it's Nintendo's E3 plans or a direct, and Pokemon stars announcement can happen at any time, before E3 or at E3.

Even after E3!

JoeM86

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

pokéfan

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

They still have the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

This certainly is getting interesting. Slowing it's unfolding, one by one. Something's cooking indeed, and it's about to be revealed soon.

Soph

Its happening.gif

Hermii

Nice detective gaffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom