• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Pikachu FINALLY announced (3DS), first trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out who that voice actor playing Pikachu is. Initial thought was Hiroaki Hirata but now I'm second-guessing myself.

what the hell is that? what kind of voice is that? Detective pikachu's voice is horrible, LOL.

do we have more information about the game? style? I don't get it

I cracked up at the bit with Detective Pikachu talking all gritty detective to another Pikachu who just reacts as usual.

Could be good, but does look very strange.
EDIT: obligatory
l9d4EzH.gif

MicH

I thought for sure this idea had been abandoned. A talking Pikachu... How odd. And those facial expressions are still creepy

Village

This is suuper interesting. Like the disney humans and the talking pikachu, this in combination with the entire premise of pokken. I'm glad they are stepping farther outside the box

Griss

What on earth is this? Seems like an April Fool's made into a game. After the superbowl ad, and now this, this CGI pokemon in the 'real world' trend needs to end.

And man, watching Pikachu talk is kinda... unsettling.

Got to hand it to them, though... it's original and creative as hell. So there's that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I seriously thought this didn't exist anymore.

Also, is it digital only, looking at the price / release date?

teeny

This was bizarre to watch. I think I'm in based on that alone :p

I need a new mainline game in my blood though, starting to get Pokemon Pangs.

What's with these out of nowhere announcements? Is the new Nintendo president, allergic to Nintendo directs or something? Their communication seems extraordinarily minimal since Iwata passed away, or is that just me?

Sandfox

This looks really interesting and I like how they made Pikachu hardboiled.

What's with these out of nowhere announcements? Is the new Nintendo president, allergic to Nintendo directs or something? Their communication seems extraordinarily minimal since Iwata passed away, or is that just me?

What Nintendo has been doing recently in favor of directs isn't new.

Dambrosi

Banned
That bit when the girl kisses Pikachu...

hqdefault.jpg

I can't be the only one who thought of that.

Otherwise, it looks cool enough. We need more detective games.

Wow, Pikachu got so manly. Now I wish it was Norio Wakamoto.
He's gonna be Dictator in SFV and you're gonna like it!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
what the hell is that? what kind of voice is that? Detective pikachu's voice is horrible, LOL.

do we have more information about the game? style? I don't get it

What?! His voice is amazing!

Oddish1

It was put up on a pokemon youtube channel so it looks like that this announcement was by the TPC and not Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom