• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Pikachu game revealed

Who should voice Pikachu for the English release?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xenoboy

Holy crap, it's out next week in Japan! Plz come out really soon in the West, I have been waiting for this game forever ;D

So did everyone here just forget about the numbers of Pokemon who've had human speech in the anime, or...?

Admittedly, its a bit more jarring since its an incredibly deep voice, rather than Ikue Ohtani just doing straight up voice acting. I guess the contrast is meant for comedic purposes - especially since its quite clear that other Pikachu still use pokéspeak - but I dunno.

Still, looks to be a neat game, hope it gets localised.

Drop

Pikachu talking was surprising but fine, I guess, but I really didn't want to see those facial expressions.

kulapik

I can't wait to see the blue Pikachu that acts as this game's Moriarty.

Because that's a thing they said when this got first announced. Yup.

Ultimadrago

I keep laughing my ass off at this animation:

wat31u32.gif

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
This looks like it could be neat. Love the voice.

PsionBolt

Oh god, that last bit with the normal-ass "Pikachu!" from the other pikachu. I can't hold the laughs.

Detective Pikachu looks fantastic. The voice is hilariously perfect.
Not sure what to make of this Christopher Robin / Young Nathan Drake kid, though.

RoadDogg

I was really hoping it just yelled his name over and over like a normal pokemon and people just gave him funny looks and wondered why a pokemon was wearing a hat and yelling at them. Would have been funny and made for an interesting adventure game.

I'm guessing it is a case closed type story and some human gets body swapped with a pikachu.

random25

It's hilarious that Pikachu now has a kid sidekick/partner instead of the other way around lol.

More gameplay footage please.

I know this game won't have you doing some dark shit but all I could think about when I saw this was the scene in south park were they send some kids to bust a meth lab. Pikachu solving a double homicide and still being cute would be awesome for me still this game looks great.

Dantis

Why does Pikachu sound like a 35 year old man?

This could have been super cute, but that voice kills it.

Cute mascot voices are the fucking worst. This is miles more interesting than the generic voice you'd find in a Tales game or whatever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's alive after all!

With that said...

...dat really, really weird voice from Pikachu.

xzeldax3

I'm hearing Seth MacFarlane's Ted as the voice for Pikachu (partially because his over exaggerated movements also remind me of the character).

Nazo

All I ever wanted from this game was for them to put Pikachu in a little Sherlock Holmes hat. They delivered.

Dunkley

Graphics do look very nice, although that makes me wonder how linear the gameplay is going to be.

Since going by that model detail and taking the 3DS' limitations into consideration, I don't think they'll be shooting for huge open spaces which makes me curious about the investigation element to this.

Perhaps it's gonna control similiarly to Pokémon Channel.

Yukinari

So its Mystery Dungeon mixed with Professor Layton or something. Does Pikachu talk to other pokemon and understand them like Meowth does in the anime?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to get home and watch the trailer. Detective Pikachu sounds weird as fuck, so of course i'm interested!

Graphics do look very nice, although that makes me wonder how linear the gameplay is going to be.

Since going by that model detail and taking the 3DS' limitations into consideration, I don't think they'll be shooting for open spaces which makes me curious about the investigation element to this.
Just give me something similar to Ace Attorney Investigations and I'll be very happy.

oti

Banned
Does Pikachu having a human partner mean the Pokémon started a war, won it and are now enslaving the people?

Top Bottom