• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit: Become Human releases on December 12th, gets a new PC gameplay trailer

Gamezone

Gold Member
Ah, I see.... people still want to give their money to greedy Steam.

I want the best launcher experience. 12% or 30% isn't something we as consumers should care about. I will gladly hand Epic my money when they offer a superior experience.

Siri

Banned
I want the best launcher experience. 12% or 30% isn't something we as consumers should care about. I will gladly hand Epic my money when they offer a superior experience.

Well alright then, you give your 30% to Steam for that amazing ‘launcher experience’. I’ll keep my money in my wallet.

Matsuchezz

This game is really cool, the murder scene in the house is soo good. I will have to replay it again before PS5 launches. It would be really awesome if QD release an action game leaving behind QTE, i really like their approach to story telling, but i feel the gameplay is not good at all. I know they do QTE so the largest amount of people can enjoy their games, but I can only hope they change this.

Last edited:
This game is really cool, the murder scene in the house is soo good. I will have to replay it again before PS5 launches. It would be really awesome if QD release an action game leaving behind QTE, i really like their approach to story telling, but i feel the gameplay is not good at all. I know they do QTE so the largest amount of people can enjoy their games, but I can only hope they change this.
Yea they have nailed down the branching outcome games. Now they need to nail down the gameplay

The stories that QD write don't lend themselves to repeatable action gameplay loops. They make C&C heavy adventure games for a reason. Incorporating combat would be a mistake. What they should do is expand on the investigation style gameplay they introduced with Connor to make it more in depth as well as the puzzle solving of moments like when you track down the deviant couple at the sex club by hacking their memory.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Tbh gameplay-wise their stuff is basically Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. The daft thing is they can do so much more. If anyone remembers Omikron aka The Nomad Soul (the game with David Bowie in it) they'll know what I mean. Admittedly after the first city it goes a bit shite but they clearly can do it because that first city is bloody amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowNate

Yeah, there's a lot said about David Cage, but the guy had vision with some of his early games. Like early Nomad Soul was amazing. Especially for a game of its time to be open world with 3d fighting, fps segments, adventure game puzzles and alternative solutions. And when you got introduced to the main mechanic, that was so cool.

Fahrenheit starts off with a very cool idea, that gets implemented very well in the intro segment and a few that follow. The story largely goes to shit by the end, but this was yet another case, as was Nomad Soul, that they ran out of money and had to forcibly wrap it up.

That said, what I've seen of Detroit is really interesting and I'm certainly hooked by the premise.

They get extra points because they bothered to offer demos for their titles.

Top Bottom