• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit: Become Human will be about 8 to 10 hours long, like Beyond and Heavy Rain

Nibel

O - This is a great length for these kinds of games
X - Fuck this. Way too short, pre-order cancelled

Sounds pretty good. If the level of replayability shown for the Connor demo holds throughout, that would be pretty fantastic.

LiK

Sounds reasonable. HR felt lengthy and I never actually played all the branching paths. Really excited to play this. The E3 trailer was sweet.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
That's fine. Love these Single player story driven cinematic experiences that Sony makes. The best type of games in my opinion.

-d0hv

FelipeMGM

I think it took me more than 10 hours to finish HR. Then again I prob wasted too much time wandering in Ethan's house lol

IvanJ

Banned
Perfect length. Similar to Until Dawn as well. And with replayability with all the branching paths, we will definitely get our money's worth.

May16

I'm OK with this. I probably won't pay full price, but that's only because I rarely buy games right after they're released, not because of the length or anything. I'm not much into the dollars-divided-by-hours thing and using math to figure out if I should objectively enjoy something based on numbers. It's about the experience, yo!

O - This is a great length for these kinds of games
X - Fuck this. Way too short, pre-order cancelled

L2 for Sexbang.

Hope a photomode gets added but it probably won't happen.

Why not?

Gimme a date.

The only official date so far is "not this year"

I'm OK with this. I probably won't pay full price, but that's only because I rarely buy games right after they're released, not because of the length or anything. I'm not much into the dollars-divided-by-hours thing and using math to figure out if I should objectively enjoy something based on numbers. It's about the experience, yo!

I use the same system and someone on GAF almost called me a weirdo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sjay1994

I find the fact he says the game is highly replay able odd, considering he used to tell people not to replay his games.

Zedark

Seeing as there are so many branching paths and therefore so much replayability, this seems like a very generous length.

wapplew

Talk about replayability, I always want these kind of games make your first play through decision ripple into new game plus.

Reedirect

That's pretty good. Only QD game that could have been shorter was Beyond, but that was mostly because I felt totally disconnected from its shitty story.

perfect, definite buy then. i only have time for a few massive games like Witcher or Fallout per year. it's good that there are games you can finish in a week. no need to make it artificially longer with pointless fetch quests etc.

-astroturfing

perfect, definite buy then. i only have time for a few massive games like Witcher or Fallout per year. it's good that there are games you can finish in a week. no need to make it artificially longer with pointless fetch quests etc.

-astroturfing

Yeah. Firewatch felt even shorter (I think it took me 7-9 hours to beat) but any longer would have been superfluous.

GavinUK86

That seems fine. It's not like I expected it to be 20+ hours anyway. Not every game needs to take a year to finish.

Really? I've never played one of this type of games but that seems woefully short. I'm happy to be wrong. Are there at least multiple endings?

That's like, the whole point of the game: you are the co-writer

The first scene alone has six different endings:

0RBjDMu.jpg

Fitts

Please make this as close as possible to your other games, David. Don't let anyone ever tell you "no." Deliver us the purest, rawest, most entertaining
ly stupid
David Cage experience yet.

Super hyped!

Length is fine. Honestly, making a game of this type too long might overstay its welcome.
I can only hope the plot is good, and they resist Cage's urge to devolve into some schlocky fight in an underwater Chinese Ghost Base. He really doesn't need that crutch, it does more harm than good.

StereoVsn

Will get it when it drops below $30 like I have done with every David Cage game. They all have been decent games for me but I don't see paying full price.

Dominator

Perfectly reasonable with the amount of different choices seemingly on display. Can't wait for this, Heavy Rain is a top PS3 game for me.

Top Bottom