• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution System Requirements Released [Update: PC Screenshots]

Gvaz

Banned
I hate those normal toliets because they're not "hands free" if you know what I mean.

Not long enough.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So am I totally delusional to think this will run it at any level?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHZ
4 GB Ram
...NVIDA GeForce 9300M GS

Yes, I know it's horrible. I can't wait to get a new desktop unit down the road,of which I'm not sure when, but I don't think it will be around the time of the game coming out.
I'm sorry, but you will not run the title screen.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So am I totally delusional to think this will run it at any level?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHZ
4 GB Ram
...NVIDA GeForce 9300M GS

Yes, I know it's horrible. I can't wait to get a new desktop unit down the road,of which I'm not sure when, but I don't think it will be around the time of the game coming out.

Get a new PC immediately. Stop eating if that's what it takes to pay for it. Even one of those $500 budget machines will eat this game for breakfast.

jett

D-Member
ThoseDeafMutes said:
Get a new PC immediately. Stop eating if that's what it takes to pay for it. Even one of those $500 budget machines will eat this game for breakfast.

He only needs a new video card, unless that's a laptop.

jett said:

It is, but even if it wasn't that would just be delaying the inevitable. 2GHz dual core is just barely good enough for this game, he exactly meets the minimum reqs. He can keep the laptop for low-end gaming and whatever else he uses it for, but if he's expecting to game he needs more, and soon.

jett said:
It's a laptop.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
It is, but even if it wasn't that would just be delaying the inevitable. 2GHz dual core is just barely good enough for this game, he exactly meets the minimum reqs. He can keep the laptop for low-end gaming and whatever else he uses it for, but if he's expecting to game he needs more, and soon.

ThoseDeafMutes said:

I blame law school requiring me to buy a damn laptop (and then said laptop frying itself requiring a new one while playing TF2) and having a smaller apartment now. Trust me I want back to desktops.

Wait... Are people acknowledging that this game kinda looks like absolute shit and moving on/not caring, or is the general consensus that it actually looks good? Because it really doesn't.

mickcenary said:
Wait... Are people acknowledging that this game kinda looks like absolute shit and moving on/not caring, or is the general consensus that it actually looks good? Because it really doesn't.

It looks decent, I don't think Deus Ex fans really care, the original looked pretty terrible as well.

mickcenary said:

We all agree it looks below average. It's probably better for now than Deus Ex 1 was for 2000 though. Ugly fucking game, and now it's worse than ever.

Trust me I want back to desktops.

Then back to desktops! You can hook it up to your TV monitor if space is a concern and you can't give it a dedicated desk. Otherwise, save some money and do your best to get one reasonably soon.

560 bucks. Obviously more money gets you better.

TheHeretic said:
It looks decent, I don't think Deus Ex fans really care, the original looked pretty terrible as well.

That's the impression that I get, but it hardly justifies anything; it's VERY mediocre looking, if you're to go purely on the first 3 screens. The screen subsequently posted a couple of pages back looks much better, but it could be doctor'd and shiz.

Gvaz

Banned
mickcenary said:
That's the impression that I get, but it hardly justifies anything; it's VERY mediocre looking, if you're to go purely on the first 3 screens. The screen subsequently posted a couple of pages back looks much better, but it could be doctor'd and shiz.
Okay but no one plays DX for the graphics

edit: console gamers might, but no one important gives a crap about dx graphics, it's about the content and always has been

Gvaz said:
Okay but no one plays DX for the graphics

edit: console gamers might, but no one important gives a crap about dx graphics, it's about the content and always has been

Dude, I totally agree; graphics will NEVER be the be-all-and-end-all for me, BUT there are standards. This game is holding itself out to be a AAA title; it's a bit of a slap in the face to current consumer expectations.

Gvaz

Banned
Maybe it looks better in animation, IDK.

The shots with enemies looks to be too stupid, theres like ten of them in a tiny little room

thetrin said:
I had a desktop all through college, but okay. I'll take your word for it.

Yeesh! You're a delightful one to share something with.

Just saying what some people do. Not everyone is like you, nor me.

Top Bottom